2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:
Very reliable
By markr307 on 03/18/14 18:36 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage, manual transmission. 160,000 miles on it, I've had it for 2 years, and the occasional repairs are just wear and tear - break pads, spark plugs. A basic but very reliable car.

Indestructible
By jimcsmith1988 on 10/30/11 18:12 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Astonishingly reliable- I purchased in 2011 used, and within three days a wind storm dropped a 5000 pound tree on the hood. After chopping the tree up, the car took off as if nothing happened. With a mileage intensive job, I've been heaping miles on it without issue. Just swapped out the timing belt after 100K miles to be safe, but it gave no indication that it needed it. It is small, and I'd recommend the 4 door. The mileage is beyond incredible, I get somewhere between 30-35MPG on average, and that's with a 10 year old automatic setup. The pickup is not fast, but it can maintain 90MPH on the highway without issue. I smiled a bit when I overtook a new Challenger on the interstate.

Love My Car
By yoseph on 09/18/11 05:32 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purch my car new and now have it for over 10 years and it has 175,000 miles on it...There was a saying that Mitsubishi has that said just get up and go and man that is true..My car has given me no problems at all

I Hate This Car
By Kali on 01/10/07 14:13 PM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Mirage seven months ago. I think this car is slow. The interior layout is nice, but is very small. I can only have one passenger with me or it is very uncomfortable. Do not buy this car.

The Silvet Bullet
By Trina Hannon on 02/23/06 10:59 AM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. It's very reliable and fuel efficient. Not to mention how cute it is. I've had it for 3 years and I have never had a problem with it. It's already at 80,000 miles and runs like a champ. Originally, I wanted a Honda and was skeptical about Mittsubitsi, but my Mirage has proven to be just as good as any Honda.

compact and sporty
By Rachel ALA on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car, and I would highly recomend it to any young driver. It's sporty, and handles extremely well. Compared to other manual vehicles, the Mirage shifts gears very easily. There is an issue with interior room if passengers are large or tall, but that can be expected with a compact car. The silver paint also seems to chip relatively easily. Overall, this car is perfect for a driver who carries few passengers at a time and is looking for a reliable, small, sporty car.

Mit. Mirage 01
By Wendy French on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is sporty and was a great price! I love it! I plan to buy anoother in a year.

Good Commuter
By Regalistic on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Mirage DE Coupe is a fun ride in the city aswell as the country side. It is cool inside and out with a sporty look that seems to cost much more than the deal you can get with buying this car. A lot of bang for the buck!