2001 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:
Very reliable
By markr307 on 03/18/14 18:36 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage, manual transmission. 160,000 miles on it, I've had it for 2 years, and the occasional repairs are just wear and tear - break pads, spark plugs. A basic but very reliable car.

Fantastic Car!!!
By keatz85 on 09/24/12 14:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After my first car, a Pontiac that gave me nothing but trouble, I wanted to get a foreign car that was dependable and affordable. The Mirage hit a home run. Drove it for 7 years and 122,000 miles. Barely put any money into it except for normal maintenance. Parts starting wearing out more around 170k miles but what do you expect? Liked this Mitsubishi so much I decided to upgrade to a newer Galant. So far it's awesome as well. This car's value is one of the best, if not the best. If you can find one with 100k miles or so, i'd say you're good to go for several years.

undisputed champ car
By skyyfish on 04/24/12 10:55 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I are both in our early 30's. While Im on my 6th car. This is still her very 1st car. And its not because she doesnt have fun driving it! I am amazed by this car! The odometer now says 267,000 and its all original. just easy standard maintainance. It just blows my supposedly better vehicle choices away. Thank You Mitsu!

Underrated and underappreciated
By manythemiles on 04/13/12 15:18 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought car used in December 2011 with 144k on the odometer. Have driven the car 10k since purchase and am very pleased with it. Car gets very good gas mileage and has so far proven to be reliable and simple to maintain. All required maintenance can be done by anyone who has a basic knowledge of cars. Engine is well laid out and the small engine allows easy access to most components. Interior materials are of high quality and would rival the best. Dashboard layout isn't terrible, but I would've appreciated a higher radio placement. Cupholder is small and it's effectiveness can vary. Blocks radio. Overall though, I think I will be holding onto this one for a while. Very satisfied overall.

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan
By herrstrauss on 12/15/11 19:39 PM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Hi, I purchased my 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan back in August, of 2011. I paid $1,500.00 cash for the car, the odometer read 160,000 miles, I thought I was buying a dying car, or a car on the verge of death. (at the time I knew nothing about Mitsubishi). But this car has been anything but a dying car, it has been a great first car. I've even gone as far as naming my car buster. This is a terrific starter car for anyone, old, middle aged, or young. Almost little to no maintenance, get in and drive. This car has never let me down. The Japanese really built an amazing car. I personally thank Mitsubishi motors for building a superb vehicle that was built with quality in mind.

Indestructible
By jimcsmith1988 on 10/30/11 18:12 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Astonishingly reliable- I purchased in 2011 used, and within three days a wind storm dropped a 5000 pound tree on the hood. After chopping the tree up, the car took off as if nothing happened. With a mileage intensive job, I've been heaping miles on it without issue. Just swapped out the timing belt after 100K miles to be safe, but it gave no indication that it needed it. It is small, and I'd recommend the 4 door. The mileage is beyond incredible, I get somewhere between 30-35MPG on average, and that's with a 10 year old automatic setup. The pickup is not fast, but it can maintain 90MPH on the highway without issue. I smiled a bit when I overtook a new Challenger on the interstate.

Love My Car
By yoseph on 09/18/11 05:32 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purch my car new and now have it for over 10 years and it has 175,000 miles on it...There was a saying that Mitsubishi has that said just get up and go and man that is true..My car has given me no problems at all

Red Beauty
By richgroh on 07/10/11 21:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first car and have owned it for over 3 years.Bought it at 104k and it i now at 145k. Only problem ive had so far was the a/c compressor went out at 110k but you have to expect things to break with this many miles. I has been totaled 3 times and still runs like a champ. Besides routine maintenance and the a/c compressor it has been very reliable so far. I am a delivery driver and my other job is a long commute so alot of those miles were hard on it and i also have a pretty heavy foot. I average around 22mpg which is good considering my lead foot and it is alot of stop and go traffic on long island plus it is also an automatic.

Bloody Amazing!
By ccmike25 on 05/11/11 08:03 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is amazing and it still suprises me when people have never heard of it. First of all it gets great gas mileage and secondly its like an indestructable tank I have had this car for years when I bought it it had 70K miles on it at current it has 215K miles on it and have never had to replace anything other than standard maintainance. It may be small and cramped (or I am just way to big) but it makes up for it in reliability and ease of care i have had no problem doing all the maintainance to this car myself and it is a breeze.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
By donna42 on 05/02/11 13:11 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my baby for 3 yrs put over 50,000 on her and she is still going strong at 139,000!! It has never fail me, its a great car that got myself and to kids back and forth to school and myself to work.!!! Now we need a bigger car cause are family is growing, hate to see her go..