Used 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:

Would buy another brand new if they re-made these!
By Mike

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Truly unbelievably reliable. Bought this from friends who were original owner and nothing but normal maintenance has ever been done to this other than some emissions things that needed to be done for living in Illinois (car came from Indiana). Car now has over 211,000 miles on it and still going strong. Only issues are so minor I don't even care (cup holders as mentioned are long gone), driver side door electronic lock wore out, keys are getting worn so only one will open the trunk. Lever to pop the trunk is broken.. but all these are so minor for such an old car, that the fact that nothing major has ever gone wrong yet on this car is truly a testament. Having had many used Ford's, Chrysler's, with MUCH lower mileage etc over the years and having to continually put in tons of work just to get the thing to run long enough to get to work, and then having this has been amazing. I will truly be sad when the time comes, and I wish more cars were this simple, cheap and reliable.

Best first car ever
By Zack

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first car. I got it at age 16 and I'm now 18 looking to get a mustang. This car has been pushed so hard by me. I haven't had to change ANYTHING besides oil, brakes, spark plugs, belts, battery. It now has 264,000 miles on it. Runs like a champ. Looks similar to a Honda civic on the exterior.

Amazing piece of metal
By tonypham_

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

It was handed down to me by my aunt at 60,000 miles and have been driving for 2 years, I'm at about 78,000 miles. It was a great first car to start learning with due to the size of it. It may be small but it's easy to change lanes, park, and manuver through tight spaces. It's fast once it kicks in as well. Will be keeping it with my Lexus. Recommended for people starting to learn how to drive!

Should be a bit more high tec around the dashboard and the small cup holders block the radio. It's a bit cramped in the back, but it's really made for just 2 people.

Very reliable
By markr307

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage, manual transmission.
160,000 miles on it, I've had it for 2 years, and the occasional repairs are just wear and tear - break pads, spark plugs.
A basic but very reliable car.

Fantastic Car!!!
By keatz85

2001 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After my first car, a Pontiac that gave me nothing but trouble, I wanted to get a foreign car that was dependable and affordable.
The Mirage hit a home run.
Drove it for 7 years and 122,000 miles. Barely put any money into it except for normal maintenance.
Parts starting wearing out more around 170k miles but what do you expect?
Liked this Mitsubishi so much I decided to upgrade to a newer Galant.
So far it's awesome as well.
This car's value is one of the best, if not the best.
If you can find one with 100k miles or so, i'd say you're good to go for several years.

Cost, MPG, looks good.

Cup holders aren't good, I didn't have cruise, and there's only one power adapter.