Used 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:

Sad to let go
By kitgbar

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new in 2000 because my '87 Nissan Sentra was dying on me. I have haven't had any problems since owning it, even after getting into a fender bender in 2001. I did my best to maintain it with regular oil change and such. This is the most reliable car I've owned and I'm actually sad to let it go. I traded it in for a new 2007 Volvo S40 tonight and somehow I'm ridden with guilt for replacing it since I really didn't need a new car.

Small and compact so it was easy to maneuver in heavy traffic, power doors/locks/windows, gas mileage was good, the price was decent compared to Honda and Toyota.

The engine could've been bigger but it got me from point A to point B with no problems. And for $13k I shouldn't complain.

Good car
By Nice car

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I just got this car about a week ago. So far it is an awesome car. The only complaint that I have are the cup holders are really annoying trying to put them back in there place. They get stuck and take like a minute to put in when it should just slide in. The car has 93,000 miles so its very reliable just get oil checked every 3,000 miles and the car will last forever. My next door neighbor has the same car and there's is up to 100,000 miles and still runs good. But my red car looks a lot better then there tan one.

Glove compartment is huge. I can fit anything in that thing.

I think they changed the car into a Lancer which I like a lot more the body style is a lot nicer so I guess nothing.

Lots of Car for Less
By PhillyO

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage with only 12,995 miles on it in April, '01. Now, in March of '06, I have over 112,000 miles on it, and my only problem is that my AC does not work (it needs to be charged, that's all). It has gotten me through snow, ice, and all that is not nice. It's not the most powerful car in it's class, but it will get you around slower cars on the interstate without much effort. Everytime I feel the need to trade in or sell my Mirage, I drive it once more, and I'm reminded as to why I still have it.

It has a great sound system for a stock vehicle, the AC and CD Player controls are well-placed, it handles well, has a decent- sized backseat for passengers, and good trunk space. The Mirage has good engine pop for only having 113 HP.

Cruise control would have been nice.

Good Car on Used Market
By Larry33

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I bought a 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage to replace a flooded car in Hurricane Katrina. I expect that it will most likely provide good reliability due to its Japanese manufacture. Its interior design is modern, useable and easy to understand. The exterior is what you would expect from a '00 model year. The trunk space is good. The car drives well and its body integrity feels better than most other small cars, especially Kia or Hyundai models of the same year. My opinion is this is a great car for anyone looking for a good used car that gets good gas mileage and is well built. The fact that this car historically depreciates quickly is advatageous to used car buyers.

I love the interior design, material, craftsmanship, and Japanese reliability. Its rapid depreciation is an asset for used car buyers, use it!

Give it a little more power.

2000 Mirage Rating
By Mr. Clemmer

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

Purchased my Mirage because of round trip to and from work distance of 60 miles. That's 300 miles a week. Gas milage is excellent. Have over 110,000 miles without any mechanical problems. Have even took car on vacations with my five member family. Two adults three kids.

Compact. Can park anywhere. Front wheel drive allows me to drive easily through rain and snow.

Car has performed beyond expectations for five years.