2000 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:
Mirage The Best
By Lankaputhra on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I use the car for long distance travelling (around 140 Miles a day). Excellent handelling on highways plus really good on gas. It gives me around 33/gal. Fun to drive. But little too light. Good turning circle. Most liked feature is the gears can be used as a manual transmisstion to some extent. All 4 levels can be manually controlled.

Argh!
By TheNamesLisa on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

After owning a trouble-free Nissan Sentra for 8 yrs, this car is very disappointing. I only got rid of the Nissan because it wouldn't pass my state's emission test. Rides like a dump truck, has no "get up and go", has surprisingly poor fuel economy & is very noisy (lots of air noise coming from the windows). This problem became more apparent after my son shut all four fingers in the door at the top & his only response was a calm "oh...my hand is shut in the door." But I'm stuck with it for the next 5 years, since I owe more on it than it's worth. Also found out that it had been wrecked. Live & learn. Spend $15 & get a Carfax report before you buy.

My Cute Car!
By Mitsubishi Lover on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 2dr Coupe

ever since I sat in this car in the car lot I knew I had to have it and I'd love it... and a few years later... I was right! I love this car! it's sooo fun! I don't know one person that has complained about my car when I let them drive it.. they love it!! :) Plus it's extreemly cute I wish I had 2! the green one I have now for work days and a humm mabie a black one for the weekends! :) I have too much fun with this car! you would too! GO BUY ONE! :)

Should be better
By KY Driver on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

Bad resale vaue, had frequent problems with the "check engine soon" light, good fule economy.

Dont buy one
By tank driver on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I hate this car!I've had front end problems,brakes replaced,and it rides like a small rusty tank.Save your money and buy a Toyota.

it is fine
By raiser on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

not back for basic transport, but even mitsu dealer pays $3500 for a 12k miles car makes ppl leave mitsu bad resale value , dun buy this car a penny above invoice

Better car than value shows
By Lumpy Mullet on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

My wife and I have owned a 2000 for almost 2 years and find it to be an excellent car. Only negative is resale value.

It's a good car
By carlover_zf on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I can't figure out why people don't like it. It's reliable and crisp to drive. It's good looking. I just LOVE it.

A not so dream car
By Rene on 03/06/02 13:51 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I don't feel safe in the car. Not value for money.

Good value for the money
By Mirage Convert on 02/18/02 12:23 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

Good, reliable vehicle on a budget! I drove a Civic for 10 years, until suffering sticker shock last summer when replacing. The Mirage, with its "Civic feel" has comfortable seats, good acceleration (113 HP) even with automatic, and handles extremely well in snow. Powerful A/C, heater, defroster, and stainless steel exhaust system. My '94 Mirage STILL has its original exhaust system and I live in the salt belt. As for MPG, expect 33-35.