Used 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:

Very reliable cheap car
By rvrsd

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 00 mirage used with 21k. I did not have any major/costly issues until August 00. I did 3 tune ups on the car, and oil change every 3-4 months. The car never broke down on me, but as a preventive maintenance, I had the water pump and timing belt changed at 65K.

Gas mileage is great. 28 mpg!

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage 4 Dr
By Mitsubishi

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I'm not certain as to how i feel about my car right now. I just bought it. So far it runs good. I'm concerned if i was to hasty in buying a car. I really didn't want to make car payments. The car dealer seem very trustworthy and honest.

Is the CD player. My old car was a toyota corolla it didn't have a CD player.

can't finger out how to work the CD player and radio.

Mitsubushi DE Coupe 2000
By depawindu

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I bought this great little car new and it runs faithfully with almost no maintenance. Its paint began to oxidize on the top and flat surfaces after 8 years. The electric windows both broke after 4 and 5 years. The turn signal failed at 8 years also.The DVD player broke after 3 years. Otherwise, it has been wonderful. I've had one accident; it is incredibly strong and takes a hit and keeps going.

outside design

It needs the electric system improved, the DVD player and the turn signal.

2000 Mitsubshi Mirage
By Sadspirit

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

This is my second Mirage, my first one was involved in a front end crash. It kept me safe, after looking at it in the junkyard I'm lucky to be alive. The car runs GREAT, my second one the only work I've done to it from when I bought it was a timing belt and water pump along with an oil change. GREAT car and safe. The car shifts well, very smooth. Awesome on gas, mine gets 25 city miles. I do A LOT of driving, it's a cute car great for new drivers.

I love how many miles I can get per gallon and how well it drives on the highway. From its size you may think otherwise but you're wrong!

Nothing - it's a great safe little car. I'm looking for another one!

Cell phone totals my MPG
By MY LIL BUGGY !!!

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

Bought it after 1 test drive ! I gotta give it to them, after 9.5 yrs & 41mpg's I did nothing but regular maint. and this car never let me down ! Thru 16"s of snow she just would not quit! Today 4/7/09 it was totaled by a cell phone in use! The power was slack especially w/ac on but other then that & some interior improvements would have been nice I'll never replace it for the money paid 13,000 & some change I never once had this car in a shop but for regular timing belt change @ 100,000.

stock stereo was kicking/gas mileage was the best of any that's not a hybrid

interior cloth could have been better