2000 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:
Awesome!!
By Tammy on 02/14/09 18:50 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I bought my Mirage in '02 used, had 31k on it and have LOVED it. It now has 120k on it and will I drive it till it falls apart. It has beautiful gas usage and plenty of get up and go. The only problem I have had is the A/C compressor chirps.

Worst Car Ever owned
By Dude From Clevland on 01/11/09 17:38 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

Considering I have owned a Pinto, 2 Escorts, a SHO, and original Rabbit diesel, that is saying a lot. Bought new. First week engine light started going on and off, 4 years later finally did my own tune up and it went away. The car's paint faded after 9 months and the rust started 13 months after purchase. My wife was diligent at changing oil. At 80k it has been diagnosed as having bad valve seals. Replacing anything is a hassle that requires isn't easy. Lights for instance are held in by silly clip. Now at 80,000 the car looks and drives like a car with 280,000. The door leaks air, the CD even quit at 50k, the gas door has seized up, and it has an exhaust leak.

Never Would Have Made It
By Toya on 12/18/08 10:08 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I got my 2000 Mitsu. Mirage DE in April of 2001 after I wrecked a Honda Accord and I was not happy about it. It was plain and cheap (I was 18 and wanted something sporty). However, when I got it, it only had 15,000 miles on it and I'm still driving it today over 7 years and I have a little over 192,000 miles on it. I put rims on it to make it look nice and a sound system for my entertainment. I have never ever had any major mechanical problems with it, it took 5 years before anything went out on it and I got it fixed immediately, I get my oil changed every 3 months(just because) and I love my car. I've taken good care of it and it is taking good care of me, and it's great on gas.

Great Car
By Carol on 02/17/08 10:43 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I have really enjoyed this car for almost 8 years now. Driven all over the US. Good mileage, low maintenance, changed the oil every 3000 miles. Still has another 100000 in it. Will keep it as a second car.

Mirage review
By rasid on 01/20/08 10:57 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for over 4 years. It has always been reliable to me, getting about 30-35 mpg, even with aftermarket wheels that weigh about 3x more than the stock ones. The 5 speed manual shifts very smoothly and has some get up and go to it, and handles corners fairly well. The stock sound system is decent enough to the average driver. The interior cloth pattern is unique, but nothing special. The back seats are better suited for small children as they are compact. The instrument panel is easy to read, but most mirages don't come with a tachometer. Over all it is a reliable, fun, and has a great fuel economy.

Sad to let go
By kitgbar on 10/29/07 18:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new in 2000 because my '87 Nissan Sentra was dying on me. I have haven't had any problems since owning it, even after getting into a fender bender in 2001. I did my best to maintain it with regular oil change and such. This is the most reliable car I've owned and I'm actually sad to let it go. I traded it in for a new 2007 Volvo S40 tonight and somehow I'm ridden with guilt for replacing it since I really didn't need a new car.

Good car
By Nice car on 08/04/07 18:30 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I just got this car about a week ago. So far it is an awesome car. The only complaint that I have are the cup holders are really annoying trying to put them back in there place. They get stuck and take like a minute to put in when it should just slide in. The car has 93,000 miles so its very reliable just get oil checked every 3,000 miles and the car will last forever. My next door neighbor has the same car and there's is up to 100,000 miles and still runs good. But my red car looks a lot better then there tan one.

Lots of Car for Less
By PhillyO on 03/03/06 19:06 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage with only 12,995 miles on it in April, '01. Now, in March of '06, I have over 112,000 miles on it, and my only problem is that my AC does not work (it needs to be charged, that's all). It has gotten me through snow, ice, and all that is not nice. It's not the most powerful car in it's class, but it will get you around slower cars on the interstate without much effort. Everytime I feel the need to trade in or sell my Mirage, I drive it once more, and I'm reminded as to why I still have it.

Good Car on Used Market
By Larry33 on 11/24/05 03:39 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I bought a 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage to replace a flooded car in Hurricane Katrina. I expect that it will most likely provide good reliability due to its Japanese manufacture. Its interior design is modern, useable and easy to understand. The exterior is what you would expect from a '00 model year. The trunk space is good. The car drives well and its body integrity feels better than most other small cars, especially Kia or Hyundai models of the same year. My opinion is this is a great car for anyone looking for a good used car that gets good gas mileage and is well built. The fact that this car historically depreciates quickly is advatageous to used car buyers.

2000 Mirage Rating
By Mr. Clemmer on 03/31/05 19:37 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

Purchased my Mirage because of round trip to and from work distance of 60 miles. That's 300 miles a week. Gas milage is excellent. Have over 110,000 miles without any mechanical problems. Have even took car on vacations with my five member family. Two adults three kids.