Used 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:

The red beauty
By richgroh

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

Ive owned this car for almost 3 years now, it is automatic and i bought it as my very first car. Shes treats me well besides an a/c compressor gone bad at 110k and an alternator at 130k but you gotta expect those kind of things from a woman her age. When i first got her she had 100k miles and put me back only $1800. I work delivery, commute to college, have another job that is 13 miles away one way, redline her daily (the 1.8l beast roars at high rpms) and shes been totaled THREE TIMES (only once in my ownership) so you can tell she could take a beating. I only average around 23 MPG which isnt terrible considering my foot is rather heavy. Perfect for commuting, car is nothing exciting.

Favorite Features

Now that i think about it...i really don't have any favorite features

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back! More power Only average fuel economy Better handling

Very reliable cheap car
By rvrsd

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 00 mirage used with 21k. I did not have any major/costly issues until August 00. I did 3 tune ups on the car, and oil change every 3-4 months. The car never broke down on me, but as a preventive maintenance, I had the water pump and timing belt changed at 65K.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage is great. 28 mpg!

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage 4 Dr
By Mitsubishi

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

I'm not certain as to how i feel about my car right now. I just bought it. So far it runs good. I'm concerned if i was to hasty in buying a car. I really didn't want to make car payments. The car dealer seem very trustworthy and honest.

Favorite Features

Is the CD player. My old car was a toyota corolla it didn't have a CD player.

Suggested Improvements

can't finger out how to work the CD player and radio.

2000 Mitsubshi Mirage
By Sadspirit

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

This is my second Mirage, my first one was involved in a front end crash. It kept me safe, after looking at it in the junkyard I'm lucky to be alive. The car runs GREAT, my second one the only work I've done to it from when I bought it was a timing belt and water pump along with an oil change. GREAT car and safe. The car shifts well, very smooth. Awesome on gas, mine gets 25 city miles. I do A LOT of driving, it's a cute car great for new drivers.

Favorite Features

I love how many miles I can get per gallon and how well it drives on the highway. From its size you may think otherwise but you're wrong!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing - it's a great safe little car. I'm looking for another one!

Cell phone totals my MPG
By MY LIL BUGGY !!!

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

Bought it after 1 test drive ! I gotta give it to them, after 9.5 yrs & 41mpg's I did nothing but regular maint. and this car never let me down ! Thru 16"s of snow she just would not quit! Today 4/7/09 it was totaled by a cell phone in use! The power was slack especially w/ac on but other then that & some interior improvements would have been nice I'll never replace it for the money paid 13,000 & some change I never once had this car in a shop but for regular timing belt change @ 100,000.

Favorite Features

stock stereo was kicking/gas mileage was the best of any that's not a hybrid

Suggested Improvements

interior cloth could have been better