2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:
The red beauty
By richgroh on 09/18/11 19:31 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

Ive owned this car for almost 3 years now, it is automatic and i bought it as my very first car. Shes treats me well besides an a/c compressor gone bad at 110k and an alternator at 130k but you gotta expect those kind of things from a woman her age. When i first got her she had 100k miles and put me back only $1800. I work delivery, commute to college, have another job that is 13 miles away one way, redline her daily (the 1.8l beast roars at high rpms) and shes been totaled THREE TIMES (only once in my ownership) so you can tell she could take a beating. I only average around 23 MPG which isnt terrible considering my foot is rather heavy. Perfect for commuting, car is nothing exciting.

Very reliable cheap car
By rvrsd on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 00 mirage used with 21k. I did not have any major/costly issues until August 00. I did 3 tune ups on the car, and oil change every 3-4 months. The car never broke down on me, but as a preventive maintenance, I had the water pump and timing belt changed at 65K.

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage 4 Dr
By Mitsubishi on 05/13/10 05:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

I'm not certain as to how i feel about my car right now. I just bought it. So far it runs good. I'm concerned if i was to hasty in buying a car. I really didn't want to make car payments. The car dealer seem very trustworthy and honest.

2000 Mitsubshi Mirage
By Sadspirit on 06/08/09 21:24 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

This is my second Mirage, my first one was involved in a front end crash. It kept me safe, after looking at it in the junkyard I'm lucky to be alive. The car runs GREAT, my second one the only work I've done to it from when I bought it was a timing belt and water pump along with an oil change. GREAT car and safe. The car shifts well, very smooth. Awesome on gas, mine gets 25 city miles. I do A LOT of driving, it's a cute car great for new drivers.

Cell phone totals my MPG
By MY LIL BUGGY !!! on 04/07/09 19:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

Bought it after 1 test drive ! I gotta give it to them, after 9.5 yrs & 41mpg's I did nothing but regular maint. and this car never let me down ! Thru 16"s of snow she just would not quit! Today 4/7/09 it was totaled by a cell phone in use! The power was slack especially w/ac on but other then that & some interior improvements would have been nice I'll never replace it for the money paid 13,000 & some change I never once had this car in a shop but for regular timing belt change @ 100,000.

Never Would Have Made It
By Toya on 12/18/08 10:08 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

I got my 2000 Mitsu. Mirage DE in April of 2001 after I wrecked a Honda Accord and I was not happy about it. It was plain and cheap (I was 18 and wanted something sporty). However, when I got it, it only had 15,000 miles on it and I'm still driving it today over 7 years and I have a little over 192,000 miles on it. I put rims on it to make it look nice and a sound system for my entertainment. I have never ever had any major mechanical problems with it, it took 5 years before anything went out on it and I got it fixed immediately, I get my oil changed every 3 months(just because) and I love my car. I've taken good care of it and it is taking good care of me, and it's great on gas.

Great Car
By Carol on 02/17/08 10:43 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

I have really enjoyed this car for almost 8 years now. Driven all over the US. Good mileage, low maintenance, changed the oil every 3000 miles. Still has another 100000 in it. Will keep it as a second car.

Sad to let go
By kitgbar on 10/29/07 18:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new in 2000 because my '87 Nissan Sentra was dying on me. I have haven't had any problems since owning it, even after getting into a fender bender in 2001. I did my best to maintain it with regular oil change and such. This is the most reliable car I've owned and I'm actually sad to let it go. I traded it in for a new 2007 Volvo S40 tonight and somehow I'm ridden with guilt for replacing it since I really didn't need a new car.

Good car
By Nice car on 08/04/07 18:30 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

I just got this car about a week ago. So far it is an awesome car. The only complaint that I have are the cup holders are really annoying trying to put them back in there place. They get stuck and take like a minute to put in when it should just slide in. The car has 93,000 miles so its very reliable just get oil checked every 3,000 miles and the car will last forever. My next door neighbor has the same car and there's is up to 100,000 miles and still runs good. But my red car looks a lot better then there tan one.

Lots of Car for Less
By PhillyO on 03/03/06 19:06 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Sedan DE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage with only 12,995 miles on it in April, '01. Now, in March of '06, I have over 112,000 miles on it, and my only problem is that my AC does not work (it needs to be charged, that's all). It has gotten me through snow, ice, and all that is not nice. It's not the most powerful car in it's class, but it will get you around slower cars on the interstate without much effort. Everytime I feel the need to trade in or sell my Mirage, I drive it once more, and I'm reminded as to why I still have it.