2000 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:
STILL GOING STRONG AFTER 13 YEARS
By kycat52 on 02/28/13 18:32 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I bought this Mirage new in February 2000, I've driven it for 13 years and it still gets 34 mpg. I drove it in Washington DC from Feb 2000 to Jun 2007, 76 miles a day, in heavy traffic and on the beltway. It got 40 mpg on the highway then. This car amazed local mechanics in that it has NO oil leaks, everything still works and all I have done is routine maintenance. In 2012, I had to put new struts all around and outer tie rod ends on both sides, other than that it has been routine maintenance. I plan to drive it until it is out of service. Then I'll probably buy another Mitsubishi to replace it.

My favorite car (by a wide margin)!
By ilhavenese on 12/06/12 13:04 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car brand new & have owned it for 12 yrs. In that time it has had all regular maintenance done according to the owner's manual, & I've had 0 problems with it. The car drives as nice 12 years later as the day I bought it. I'm up to 133,000 miles & would drive this car anywhere in the country with confidence. I've owned a Galant (replaced the Galant; I wanted a manual transmission & Galants no longer came in them), Prelude, & currently also own a 1969 Mini Cooper (classic version as opposed to a new 1), & this is by far my favorite car to drive (even with the fun appeal that the Mini has). Of the cars I own, this 1 handles the best, is 100% reliable, & averages 40+ mpg.

I LOVE my car
By lalalaaa on 11/19/12 10:30 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

This car is awesome. I bought it used in 2008, it had 2 previous owners, one for a year or two and the other for about 6 years before i bought it. This thing is sturdy. I've hit things, I've been hit and it will not quit. I've got some pretty bad cosmetic damage. Like, really bad, but i just cant bring myself to give it up because i have not had any major mechanical issues. My mother has a much newer Mazda 6, that she has had both transmission and alternator issues with. The most serious thing i had to get replaced thus far is a bearing. I need to get my exhaust manifold replaced because it is making my car kinda loud, so that is next on the list, but i won't give this car up until I HAVE to

Really a good car
By excellent2 on 01/23/12 18:09 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

Ive had my 2000 mitsubishi mirage for 6 yrs and and it has 267873 miles all ive ever done to it is change the oil and tranny fluid, put new tires and brakes this car is by far the best car ive ever had it is still runing strong it is better than my honda if this car ever goes under im buying another one.

The red beauty
By richgroh on 09/18/11 19:31 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

Ive owned this car for almost 3 years now, it is automatic and i bought it as my very first car. Shes treats me well besides an a/c compressor gone bad at 110k and an alternator at 130k but you gotta expect those kind of things from a woman her age. When i first got her she had 100k miles and put me back only $1800. I work delivery, commute to college, have another job that is 13 miles away one way, redline her daily (the 1.8l beast roars at high rpms) and shes been totaled THREE TIMES (only once in my ownership) so you can tell she could take a beating. I only average around 23 MPG which isnt terrible considering my foot is rather heavy. Perfect for commuting, car is nothing exciting.

Very reliable cheap car
By rvrsd on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 00 mirage used with 21k. I did not have any major/costly issues until August 00. I did 3 tune ups on the car, and oil change every 3-4 months. The car never broke down on me, but as a preventive maintenance, I had the water pump and timing belt changed at 65K.

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage 4 Dr
By Mitsubishi on 05/13/10 05:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I'm not certain as to how i feel about my car right now. I just bought it. So far it runs good. I'm concerned if i was to hasty in buying a car. I really didn't want to make car payments. The car dealer seem very trustworthy and honest.

Mitsubushi DE Coupe 2000
By depawindu on 11/17/09 18:26 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I bought this great little car new and it runs faithfully with almost no maintenance. Its paint began to oxidize on the top and flat surfaces after 8 years. The electric windows both broke after 4 and 5 years. The turn signal failed at 8 years also.The DVD player broke after 3 years. Otherwise, it has been wonderful. I've had one accident; it is incredibly strong and takes a hit and keeps going.

2000 Mitsubshi Mirage
By Sadspirit on 06/08/09 21:24 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

This is my second Mirage, my first one was involved in a front end crash. It kept me safe, after looking at it in the junkyard I'm lucky to be alive. The car runs GREAT, my second one the only work I've done to it from when I bought it was a timing belt and water pump along with an oil change. GREAT car and safe. The car shifts well, very smooth. Awesome on gas, mine gets 25 city miles. I do A LOT of driving, it's a cute car great for new drivers.

Cell phone totals my MPG
By MY LIL BUGGY !!! on 04/07/09 19:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

Bought it after 1 test drive ! I gotta give it to them, after 9.5 yrs & 41mpg's I did nothing but regular maint. and this car never let me down ! Thru 16"s of snow she just would not quit! Today 4/7/09 it was totaled by a cell phone in use! The power was slack especially w/ac on but other then that & some interior improvements would have been nice I'll never replace it for the money paid 13,000 & some change I never once had this car in a shop but for regular timing belt change @ 100,000.