1999 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews 3

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:
LS coupe
By willllllllllll on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 2dr Coupe

I like my car. I have had no problems with it. I think it is a great buy with the resale value what it is. If you are looking to buy a mirage try to get a LS. The difference between the LS and the DE is night and day.

Great Little Car
By keagos on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

We have had no problems with our Mirage. Husband is a little uncomfortable because of the size.

Mirage DE Coupe
By Brick on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

The power isn't the greatest but what do you expect for a 1.5 litre engine and for the price and fuel economy (40 mpg on the highway) you really can't complain. It handles incredibly (literally could turn on a dime). And I've added a few fairly inexpensive modifications that have increased the performance in areas. Overall really good car.

I love my MIRAGE COUPE LS!!!!
By valerie decrotie on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 2dr Coupe

I purchased a 1999 mirage coupe LS. Let me tell you it is such a FUN little car. It has such pep and its so kool looking. There's so much you can do to this little car. Mine's a stick shift and I learned to drive stick with this car. It's so easy. It's GREAT on gas and it only takes about $13 to fill my tank! The interior is tan seats and black dash, it's so sporty looking. I like to call it my mini sporty galant. I LOVE this car and I would recommend it with 9.9's all across the board!!!

Do not buy!!!!
By Sally on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

This car is terrible! I only owned it for a year before it started falling apart. The paint faded at about 50k and the car struggles going up hills. The brakes constantly had to be repaired.

Problems
By William Lacey on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

Front Disc Brakes have been change 5 times in 42000 miles. Vehicle interior carpet passanger front has become detached from sidewall vehicle since purchased. Poor resale value after 3 years.

Everyone should have one.
By Mitsuman on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle as a restored/salvage car. It had 19,000 miles and now has 56,000 with no problems in between. I've had the brakes adjusted once and that's it!!! I've maintained it well and never skimped on oil changes and other scheduled maintainance. Gas milage is great at 40 mpg on the highway. The quality isn't quite that of a Honda or Toyota but then again neither is the cost, and it looks better. I would buy another Mirage without a second thought.

Cheapest car I have ever owned
By LoneStar on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 4dr Sedan

This is by far the cheapest car in quality I have ever had the displeasure to own. The paint looks as if they used the worst they could find, and this includes a repaint job I had done to repair a collision. It is loud at any speed. The window cranks open on their own due the harsh ride leaving me with wind noise on the highway when I can't adjust it. Mitsubishi must mean "substandard" in Japanese.