1999 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:
97 Mirage LS
By dantej on 09/05/12 07:34 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 4dr Sedan

Bought a 97 Mirage LS from a friend with 92K on it.I didn't know the car and was really just taking a chance;however, this will tend to be the most reliable I ever bought.THIS LIL THING HATES REPAIR SHOPS I on 190K and this runs around like a two year child. Will not sell it any time soon, so I changed the control arms,paint job, all struts and mounts,alternator and tie rods.I will push this thang to 300K. Still cheaper owning it than making car payments

Gas saving fun
By mandeena on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I just recently purchased my Mirage in 2010. I was slightly concerned buying a car that was 11 years old, but it honestly was all I could afford. I absolutely love my car now! I get about 32 mpg, and have to fill up the tank every two weeks! With the small gas tank that means about $25 every two weeks for gas! The only thing I miss is cup holders! mine is kind of a stripped down model which is good because I prefer window cranks but it's almost impossible to take a beverage on the go!

Small Reliable Gas Saver!
By Ronald J on 07/23/10 13:07 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

Purchase car some 166,000 miles ago and have enjoyed its reliability, gas savings, and small car comfort. Yes, it does hesitate on steep hills (only has a 1.5 engine), but it makes the hills. I have traveled from Florida to Nevada, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and now live in Pennsylvania. I make trips to New York and Massachusetts. I do not tire in driving this car. Maintenance has not been a major issue. Yes, I have changed the struts, brakes - but that is to be expected with its mileage. I do recommend consideration of this vehicle for college or young family starting out in life. It has more than paid for its purchase price many, many times. Enjoy.

The BEST CAR EVER!!!
By June on 03/10/09 10:26 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 4dr Sedan

My baby has been such a GREAT car. She has been extremely reliable. I got my money's worth over and over again. I love her and I still have her-she has 168,000 and still running. I LOVE this car and if I could pick her up and hug her I would and tell her thank you for carrying me and my beautiful child around everywhere. It is a shame that they do not make them anymore.

I love it
By canada@rex on 10/26/08 15:54 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I love the mirage. It's very reliable and runs great. The mpg are great. I wish I found the car sooner.

Daily driver
By mike on 04/06/08 14:31 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I drive 200 to 300 miles a day as an auto adjuster. I have owned three 1.5 liter 5 speed manual trans mirages and these are the most trouble free and highest mileage vehicles I have ever driven. I am saddened that Mitsubishi stopped making them. 206,000 miles on my first one an a/c compressor, 293,000 on the second and only inner and outer tie rods, third 167,000 inner and outer tie rods.

Been a great car
By linc59 on 03/10/08 13:53 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

This has been a great car. I bought it new in 1999. It has been very reliable and fun to drive. It is a great starter car. However, the tires, be it the brand or industry perks, have been my only major headache with this car. I am forever dealing with tire issues. Aside from some minor maintenance, this car needed nothing more than general tune-ups and oil changes to keep it going the 9 years I have had it. I will be sad to sell it.

My little loveable Mirage!
By mirages on 11/19/07 06:42 AM (PST)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I love this little car. It has great gas mileage too, so that saves a lot of money. Those big V8 trucks are nice too, but who wants to pay $70 dollars a week! I know I don't. My experience with this car was great and I'm glad I purchased it. I still have it with no problems with it with all those miles on it. I love my little Mirage. I can't let it go to someone else.

A Fine Little Car
By Ron on 09/22/07 14:23 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

Travelled across country, felt very comfortable. Great gas mileage. Average repair record. A delight to drive.

Great affordable car!!
By X on 09/15/07 19:46 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

Bought it rental used @ 27,000 miles. Affordable. Great stock sound system especially the speakers. Very reliable. Excellent design. Sporty look. Gas friendly. Smooth. Quiet. Easy to tune and customize. Light and great handling. Roomy. An excellent car overall - especially for those looking for all of the above without breaking too much wallet. I had to let this go when it got totalled at 110,000. :(