Used 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:

97 Mirage LS
By dantej

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 4dr Sedan

Bought a 97 Mirage LS from a friend with 92K on it.I didn't know the car and was really just taking a chance;however, this will tend to be the most reliable I ever bought.THIS LIL THING HATES REPAIR SHOPS I on 190K and this runs around like a two year child. Will not sell it any time soon, so I changed the control arms,paint job, all struts and mounts,alternator and tie rods.I will push this thang to 300K. Still cheaper owning it than making car payments

Gas saving fun
By mandeena

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

I just recently purchased my Mirage in 2010. I was slightly concerned buying a car that was 11 years old, but it honestly was all I could afford. I absolutely love my car now! I get about 32 mpg, and have to fill up the tank every two weeks! With the small gas tank that means about $25 every two weeks for gas! The only thing I miss is cup holders! mine is kind of a stripped down model which is good because I prefer window cranks but it's almost impossible to take a beverage on the go!

gas mileage, parking almost anywhere

no cup holders

Small Reliable Gas Saver!
By Ronald J

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

Purchase car some 166,000 miles ago and have enjoyed its reliability, gas savings, and small car comfort. Yes, it does hesitate on steep hills (only has a 1.5 engine), but it makes the hills. I have traveled from Florida to Nevada, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and now live in Pennsylvania. I make trips to New York and Massachusetts. I do not tire in driving this car. Maintenance has not been a major issue. Yes, I have changed the struts, brakes - but that is to be expected with its mileage. I do recommend consideration of this vehicle for college or young family starting out in life. It has more than paid for its purchase price many, many times. Enjoy.

Gas, car feel, and comfortable seats.

Just do regular maintenance and oil changes and you will have no concern with its performance.

The BEST CAR EVER!!!
By June

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 4dr Sedan

My baby has been such a GREAT car. She has been extremely reliable. I got my money's worth over and over again. I love her and I still have her-she has 168,000 and still running. I LOVE this car and if I could pick her up and hug her I would and tell her thank you for carrying me and my beautiful child around everywhere. It is a shame that they do not make them anymore.

The way I could move around in the snow when everyone else was sliding around... gotta love that.

Start making them again.

I love it
By canada@rex

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I love the mirage. It's very reliable and runs great. The mpg are great. I wish I found the car sooner.