1998 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:
Mitsubishi 98
By DRV on 02/25/10 19:24 PM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car 98 stock and i've never put a dime on it , only tires oil change and timing belt it has 160.000 miles and run like new . i take this little car everywhere and the gas is great 35 to 40 miles per gallons great car...

MY BABY!
By Rachel on 08/23/08 17:44 PM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

This is my first car, I've had it for almost 5 years, no headaches yet!

A Little Work
By natrenslandss on 05/02/08 00:09 AM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I would say after installing the a turbo oversized exhaust and a cold air intake it was fast light weight, mine has 160 hp now but still working on it. Great car all over I have love it.

I Am So Lucky :)
By Al on 10/12/06 11:54 AM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for my wife. She didn't like it, so I have been driving it for about two years. My other car is a '99 Camry. It is small but, that is what I like about it. I go everywhere, park anywhere, do not think about gas. Did I say it gets 30-33 MPG on average. Its color is white so it is seen by other drivers clearly, which is good for me. The only thing I did is change the timing belt and water pump. This car has never failed me.

very reliable
By rascaljim on 02/20/05 14:45 PM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car at 107,000 miles, It now has nearly 140,000. I have only had to replace a couple belts, otherwise no problems at all. Unfortunately it's probably gonna be totalled out by an insurance company for body damage.

Very Pleased
By MtnTyme on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

The first 3 yrs, I put over 36k per yr on this car, most of that in the Appalachian Mtns. The Yokahoma tires that came with it lasted about 90k miles, and the seat covers still look great. I average about 40 mpg overall. It survived a deer collisionw/only front end body damage. It handles very well in snow on paved roads, but does not have the power to handle deep snow or icy grades on rutted dirt roads. It now has a bit of tapping when it starts, and the suspension is losing out to the rough dirt road where we live now. I'll have to give it up soon for something w/more clearance & traction, but it will be sorely missed.

i miss mine
By charity on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I loved my 98 mitsu but i had a car accident the car was very reliable and fun to drive and it held up very well in the accident unfortunately it was a total due to cost of airbags i loved it so much and it had been such a good car for me i bought a 2004 mitsu lancer and i love it too brandon mitsu has always been great to deal with after i had mine and it held up so good in the accident i dont think i could buy anything but a mitsubishi

Mirage?
By Mark H on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

Ill make this quick. The car for me was reliable until the engine blew out 2 years after i bought it. Completely fried the engine. Before that it was reliable. Slow as can be but good gas milage. The exterior isnt bad for an entry level car but the interior needs some work.

Mirage Heaven
By Scott Hill on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car after driving a Ford Truck with a 302 engine in it for years. I wanted something easy on the wallet, with air conditioning, just to get me where I needed to go every day. So I traded the truck in on this new 98 Mirage. I got the base model 2 door 5-speed manual. All I had to do was get the windows tinted and put in a cd player. In the five years and 4 months I have owned this car the only time it has been in the shop - besides scheduled oil changes - was for a new starter covered under warranty during year 2. Of course, I miss the power, riding with 95 horsepower or so, but the reliability makes up for that.

Coupe Review
By Cody Paul on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great Car