Used 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:

Great Mirage, Fun to Drive
By Dan

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

9 months into ownership- It's a surprisingly great car to own. Fantastic gas mileage = 29/35mpg for me. Quite peppy and quick for such a small engine. Maintenance is easy and affordable - no big problems yet. I hesitated to buy the car, thinking I needed a Honda Civic instead, but I was so wrong! With the exception of looks, this car is right on par with the Civics. Exterior design is not the best, but the interior is good. No complaints thus far and the previous owner said the same. I paid $1000 for it instead of $4000 for a similar Civic - easy choice in this economy. I thought it needed a paint job, but a waxing got rid of the dullness - it looks great! Reliable mpg alternative.

Fuel Economy. Quick little car. Good interior. Price 1/4 of Civic.

Exterior Looks. Turbo/AWD (jk) No Cruise Control (was it an option?)

A car that keeps going....
By Anita

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe

I purchased a 97 Mirage right off the show room in 97. I had one accident where she hit me 3 times on the passenger side and the car took a beating and it keeps ticking. I replace the door and the front end, had it repainted and fix the dent near the gas tank. My car still looks good. This car paid for itself 10 times over. I love this car!

Reliability... with little or no maintenance this car just keeps going, going and going.

Classic Coupe
By Davidt

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car on EBay for $1700 and it was worth every penny. I had all of the routine mechanics done as well as had it repainted (Red). It looks exactly like the pictures on this website. It runs like a top and is very fun to drive with the 5 speed standard transmission and the 1.8 L engine. I am 56 and this is the last car I intend to own!

Styling, power and fun

None

Dam good economy car
By cbwillsr

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for 7 years and placed almost 200000 miles on it with no engine complications. I have only replaced a fuel filter, battery and brakes during this time. The car has started every time i have cranked it up.

cool car!!!
By hon

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

It's the best model in its class. Very reliable and it's a lot fun to drive. With a 5-speed manual on a 1.8L engine, you could accelerate it like a real sports car.

Its AC functions great! Mine equips w/ a rear spoiler which makes it look sporty and stay in-style.

No complains at all.