1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:
Great Mirage, Fun to Drive
By Dan on 03/25/09 14:17 PM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

9 months into ownership- It's a surprisingly great car to own. Fantastic gas mileage = 29/35mpg for me. Quite peppy and quick for such a small engine. Maintenance is easy and affordable - no big problems yet. I hesitated to buy the car, thinking I needed a Honda Civic instead, but I was so wrong! With the exception of looks, this car is right on par with the Civics. Exterior design is not the best, but the interior is good. No complaints thus far and the previous owner said the same. I paid $1000 for it instead of $4000 for a similar Civic - easy choice in this economy. I thought it needed a paint job, but a waxing got rid of the dullness - it looks great! Reliable mpg alternative.

A car that keeps going....
By Anita on 01/18/09 17:52 PM (PST)

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe

I purchased a 97 Mirage right off the show room in 97. I had one accident where she hit me 3 times on the passenger side and the car took a beating and it keeps ticking. I replace the door and the front end, had it repainted and fix the dent near the gas tank. My car still looks good. This car paid for itself 10 times over. I love this car!

Classic Coupe
By Davidt on 06/28/08 00:58 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car on EBay for $1700 and it was worth every penny. I had all of the routine mechanics done as well as had it repainted (Red). It looks exactly like the pictures on this website. It runs like a top and is very fun to drive with the 5 speed standard transmission and the 1.8 L engine. I am 56 and this is the last car I intend to own!

cool car!!!
By hon on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

It's the best model in its class. Very reliable and it's a lot fun to drive. With a 5-speed manual on a 1.8L engine, you could accelerate it like a real sports car.

Dam good economy car
By cbwillsr on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for 7 years and placed almost 200000 miles on it with no engine complications. I have only replaced a fuel filter, battery and brakes during this time. The car has started every time i have cranked it up.

Street show car
By ducatti_2000 on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe

This car is awsome. With little modifications to it it handles like the lancer. Fuel economy is great. The car is really light so for its power it accelerates great. Over all an awsome car.

a very reliable car
By sounak on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe

i bought my mitsubishi mirage car on june 2002. it is a wonderfull car. excellent in gas economy, fun to derive, zero maintenance cost. i am very haapy with it.

This little car just won't die...
By GrayVA on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe

We purchased a 1991 Mirage DE Coupe for our daughter for her 16th birthday. The car was used with over 70,000 miles on it. Our daughter is less than good with maintenance but this little gem doesn't care. The Mirage now has over 102,000 miles on it without a single repair! I can't believe this little car just keeps humming along. This was our first experience with Mitsubishi and I must say I am IMPRESSED!

Great little short trip car
By Bluey on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe

I've owned this car for 2.5 years putting 26.5K miles on it. It's fun to drive and has great go up a go response from the engine. Manual shifter a bit stiff when cold but clutch is light. Doesn't break well on wet or icey roads and tends to spin front wheels if you accelerate too much from a standstill. Seats are uncomfortable and cabin doesn't ventilate well resulting in being too hot in Summer and fogging the windows in Winter. Had to replace distributor costing over USD900! Otherwise never had a mech. issue and get 41+MPG on highway and 38MPG city driving. Would highly recommend to young, cost concious driver who wants fun and cheap combined.

97 DE Coupe
By miabear419 on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe DE 2dr Coupe

Very affordable program car.Ran great and was perfect for me.Uncomfortable on long trips. After about 4 years the cupholder started to break, and the carpeting on the passenger side started to come up.InOct 02 to have the car checked b/c of a recall part. It got a clean bill of health. The very next week, the whole engine fell apart due to loss of the main pulley (the recall part)At first dealer wanted to charge $800+ to fix the car b/c it had been inspected and declared o.k. but after lawyer threats, they fixed at no charge very courteously. I loved the car, but there are more better-quality affordable cars in the same class;I won't buy another Mitsu.