Used 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:

Great Mirage, Fun to Drive
By Dan

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 2dr Coupe

9 months into ownership- It's a surprisingly great car to own. Fantastic gas mileage = 29/35mpg for me. Quite peppy and quick for such a small engine. Maintenance is easy and affordable - no big problems yet. I hesitated to buy the car, thinking I needed a Honda Civic instead, but I was so wrong! With the exception of looks, this car is right on par with the Civics. Exterior design is not the best, but the interior is good. No complaints thus far and the previous owner said the same. I paid $1000 for it instead of $4000 for a similar Civic - easy choice in this economy. I thought it needed a paint job, but a waxing got rid of the dullness - it looks great! Reliable mpg alternative.

Fuel Economy. Quick little car. Good interior. Price 1/4 of Civic.

Exterior Looks. Turbo/AWD (jk) No Cruise Control (was it an option?)

My little Black Ride
By $ha.

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 4dr Sedan

I love this damn car. Would never ever get rid of it. My mom was the 2nd owner she drove it for five years and passed it on to me. I've had it now for four years and i just love it. im shopping for a newer car just to have in case she dies on me. but even then ill patch her up and park her in the garage for my back up ride. if you happen to run across one of these babies for sale,jump on it. Great vehicle! It keeps going and going. LOL

Great on gas!

Interior is a little cheesy.

A car that keeps going....
By Anita

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 2dr Coupe

I purchased a 97 Mirage right off the show room in 97. I had one accident where she hit me 3 times on the passenger side and the car took a beating and it keeps ticking. I replace the door and the front end, had it repainted and fix the dent near the gas tank. My car still looks good. This car paid for itself 10 times over. I love this car!

Reliability... with little or no maintenance this car just keeps going, going and going.

Classic Coupe
By Davidt

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 2dr Coupe

I bought this car on EBay for $1700 and it was worth every penny. I had all of the routine mechanics done as well as had it repainted (Red). It looks exactly like the pictures on this website. It runs like a top and is very fun to drive with the 5 speed standard transmission and the 1.8 L engine. I am 56 and this is the last car I intend to own!

Styling, power and fun

None

Call it the GLC - Good Little Car
By svdbybld

1997 Mitsubishi Mirage DE 4dr Sedan

Almost 100K now and still drive like the day I bought it. Great car. I think some people expect so much out of a little car like this. I get 33 mpg, it is a basic realiable car. People complain about no power. HELLO IT IS A 1.5 LITRE IT IS NOT A HOT ROD.

Realiability, gas mileage.

Interior quality could be improved.