Used 1995 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:

Exelent Car Gas performance and SPEED
By salvaradio

1995 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

The only complain is the cover seats, doesn't last, I have cover seats. the low beans lights are very bad, you can't see the streetm I have to put extra lights on the front bumper to make it better, The trunk liking some times

I had the car since 2002, I am the second owner, the car was in very good condition, I had been put so many miles and the car is great, regular maintenance, I replaced all the engine gaskets, water pump, ac compressor, clutch, several brake pads, ( always use a good ones no cheap and last for long time ) rotors, starter too, I put an after market K&N intake. The car still awesome, I got all the speed shows in the Speedometer, Engine never rebuilt, just new gaskets and every regular oil change, use only 93 octane gas, and your car will run forever, is 2012 and still so fun to drive.

Add extra front lights, K&N after market intake, use only 93 Octane gasoline, Regular oil cahnge and add motor oil stabilizer and your engine will last long forever

Perfect First Car
By AndrewB

1995 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I got this car when i first started driving. I bought it for a ridiculous amount 8 years ago and the only problem I've had was the power steering pump (easy fix) and its run perfect. Good car to learn how to drive with, very reliable, and very good on gas. It isn't a sports car by any means, but it has very good handling.

Handling, heat and a/c work amazing, clutch is very easy.

Bad visual at night, especially while it's raining.

Been a great car!
By Vballt

1995 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I've had the car 11 years and it's been in the shop one time, water pump took out my timing belt. But I now have 273,500 miles on this baby with nothing more than routine maintenance. The 1.8L engine has plenty of pep with the 5 speed for rubber in a couple of gears. With mostly highway driving I've averaged around 38 mpg all year round, with 39+ in the warmer months and 37 in the winter when the gas companies give us their crap gas. Would surely buy another! Corners pretty well for a subcompact with stock suspension, very fun to drive!

Fun to drive with 5 speed, great mileage, great value, and reliable!

Of course the drivers seat had to have a seat cover at 225,000 miles, and the ashtray/cup holder area is not usable together.

Can't kill it
By rob

1995 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I bought my mirage when I was in the air force. I drove it from Dover DE to Sayre PA every weekend for 4 years. I never put much much money in it. It is a very reliable car and the 1.8 with the standard trans. Gave it great speed and acceleration. It would scream to do 120 but it would do it. I wrecked it in 2002 and it just started to get surface rust, 8 years later. I am very pleased with this car.

With the 1.8 and standard trans. it had great power.

Had to change three rear hub assemblies.

200K miles and running... the Green Car.
By rxr

1995 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

Had it for 12 years now! Wow... Just oil changes, belts and routine stuff, never anything major. At 200k miles I am still running on the Original Clutch, CV Axles, CV Boots (yes!!). I have the 1.8L LS, 33+ mpg for the last 12 years! (mostly 70 to 80 mph).

1st and 2nd gears are fun, tight ratio. Most reliable car, I have ever owned. Decent cornering, speed and mileage combination.

Wish it had another 50+ HP. Bring it back and assemble them in Japan!!