1995 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:
Exelent Car Gas performance and SPEED
By salvaradio on 09/26/12 08:54 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 2dr Coupe

The only complain is the cover seats, doesn't last, I have cover seats. the low beans lights are very bad, you can't see the streetm I have to put extra lights on the front bumper to make it better, The trunk liking some times

Perfect First Car
By AndrewB on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 2dr Coupe

I got this car when i first started driving. I bought it for a ridiculous amount 8 years ago and the only problem I've had was the power steering pump (easy fix) and its run perfect. Good car to learn how to drive with, very reliable, and very good on gas. It isn't a sports car by any means, but it has very good handling.

Been a great car!
By Vballt on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 2dr Coupe

I've had the car 11 years and it's been in the shop one time, water pump took out my timing belt. But I now have 273,500 miles on this baby with nothing more than routine maintenance. The 1.8L engine has plenty of pep with the 5 speed for rubber in a couple of gears. With mostly highway driving I've averaged around 38 mpg all year round, with 39+ in the warmer months and 37 in the winter when the gas companies give us their crap gas. Would surely buy another! Corners pretty well for a subcompact with stock suspension, very fun to drive!

Can't kill it
By rob on 09/29/09 16:04 PM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 2dr Coupe

I bought my mirage when I was in the air force. I drove it from Dover DE to Sayre PA every weekend for 4 years. I never put much much money in it. It is a very reliable car and the 1.8 with the standard trans. Gave it great speed and acceleration. It would scream to do 120 but it would do it. I wrecked it in 2002 and it just started to get surface rust, 8 years later. I am very pleased with this car.

200K miles and running... the Green Car.
By rxr on 09/15/09 17:54 PM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 2dr Coupe

Had it for 12 years now! Wow... Just oil changes, belts and routine stuff, never anything major. At 200k miles I am still running on the Original Clutch, CV Axles, CV Boots (yes!!). I have the 1.8L LS, 33+ mpg for the last 12 years! (mostly 70 to 80 mph).

Reliable little car
By Christine on 09/29/07 17:45 PM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 2dr Coupe

Bought at 44K, drove for 8 yrs, sold at 98K (only because car was unpractical for transporting old people + 6'4" husband) Only major repairs were two wheel bearing replacements, one A/C bearing and timing belt (suggested normal maint. @ 60K). Gas cap door unlock mechanism never worked and later door didn't either. Rain leaked into trunk. Trunk latch didn't work well. Somewhat noisy ride from rattles. Some parts of the car were cheaply made, e.g., thin balsa type wood used as the trunk floor to cover donut tire.

Miss My Mitsu
By mymitsu95 on 09/18/06 07:17 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 2dr Coupe

I bought my Mirage new in 1994. From day one this car was a pleasant surprise. The only problem area was with the brakes and rotors that seemed to be echoed for this model. I kept up with the scheduled maintenance and it lasted to 331,000 miles. The only proof of the mileage was the driver's seat which was worn (solved by seat cover) and the odometer. It was totalled in motor vehicle accident in the rain and I have been trying to find one to replace it ever since, otherwise the miles would have kept on ticking. I can truly say I got every penny's worth!

Reliable and Economic
By djfreex on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 2dr Coupe

Great for students. Reliable and economic. If u r not overusing ur vehicle and taking care of it - this car is very reliable. Good gas milage and OK looks.

Ok
By AmyNicole on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 2dr Coupe

This car has been so reliable and I live in North Dakota so it gets so cold here, but it starts every morning. It also likes the snow. I call it my snowmobile. It gets great gas milage and I never have to worry about it.

yummy
By #1stunna on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 2dr Coupe

alrighty, my car is fun and all the good stuff...light weight too. 120,000 miles and still runnin. Boo ya she's a beauty