Used 1994 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:

Dependable.
By jason1972

1994 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe S 2dr Coupe

Great cars if you CHANGE the timing belt every 60,000 miles. Do that and you can add a 2 or even a 3 in front of that 6 as far as mileage longevity. I bought mine for 800 bucks with 145,000 miles on the odometer. Have put 15,000 additional miles on it since and averages 33-37 mpg's even with it's age and mileage. Mine has the 5 speed You WILL NOT beat a Civic or even an old Sentra with this car. However, parts are relatively cheap , especially the tires. The struts on the other hand run 100 dollars EACH. In short, if you find one, buy it and have the timing belt inspected and replaced. You won't be disappointed and these cars are very dependable especially in cold Colorado winters !

Great visibility all around, no blindspots whatsoever. Commendable gas mileage for an older car of it's time and today's standards. Don't understand why these cars aren't more popular.

Reliable and won't quit.
By Wes in Colorado

1994 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe S 2dr Coupe

Bought this car recently ( August 8,2009). Has 150,000 miles on it and previous owner said it has the same 1.5 liter engine, never been rebuilt and doesn't smoke. Starts right up every time and still has decent power with a 5 speed manual. Easy to work on for the DIY Mechanic and I look forward to keeping this car for another 100,000 miles. Parts are cheap and readily available at the local auto parts store. I'm averaging 31 MPG in city/hwy driving with the A/C on. Good little car and easy to maintain. If you find one for sale, buy it and you won't be disappointed.

Gas mileage, parts are inexpensive.

None, car is no longer in production.

Great car. Bring back the Mirage!
By Mary S.

1994 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe S 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for 14 years. It has been very dependable, gets good gas mileage, and is comfortable to be in. It does really well in the snow for such a small car. It has enough weight that it doesn't get blown around. I am really sad that it is getting old and I may have to replace it. I never had any problems other than regular maintenance until the past few years. The Lancer feels cheap in comparison. The Mirage needs to be reinstated!

Reliability, gas mileage. The car is sporty without drawing too much attention. It has enough room for me, and I'm big.

Upholstery is cheap, I've had seat covers on for over 10 years. Seat belt retractor broke fairly early on as well.

A reliable car
By KevN

1994 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

The mirage is a very reliable car to have. No major issues from this car for the past 8 yrs. Just keep up with the routine maintenance, hop in and go. Good gas mileage city 28/33 hwy. This is a keeper until its' last days.

Quick starts, good acceleration, good gas mileage.

Better design on the truck door to allow more use of the truck space.

Sporty-Looking Economy Car
By JustinGlen28

1994 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe LS 2dr Coupe

I've been satisfied with the LS Cpe for 3 reasons: ext design, great reliability and excellent fuel economy. The design of the car reminds me of a softer-looking Impreza RS. My LS came with the stock rear spoiler and the stock alloy rims and I became attracted to it. As far as reliability goes, I've have had no mechanical defects at all - I expect this car to last for a long time being nearly 10 yrs old. Finally, The fuel economy is excellent - I always avg about 28-33 mpg a month. The Mirage is for someone looking for a car that takes you from A to B with a hint of style.

LS Coupe looks sporty with the stock rear- wing spoiler and alloy rims.

Turbo?