1994 Mitsubishi Mirage - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mirage model:
Best Car I EVER Owned!!
By fabcar on 09/26/13 06:07 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Mirage S 4dr Sedan

Bought the car used in 2008 with 140,000 miles on it. It had just passed the 200,000 mile mark in 2013 when some idiot rear ended me. Even though it was the only car to drive away from a 5 car pile up, it was still totaled. I have no doubt I could have gotten another 50k to 75k miles out of her. I only ever did routine stuff like oil changes, struts and brakes and yet she was the most reliable car I have ever owned. Absolutely solid engine that I could count on to take me anywhere. Cosmetically, many parts were worn from age and paint had faded a bit but sitting in a hot tx sun for nearly 20yrs can do that! Would love to find another one!!

Dependable.
By jason1972 on 02/25/10 19:56 PM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Mirage S 2dr Coupe

Great cars if you CHANGE the timing belt every 60,000 miles. Do that and you can add a 2 or even a 3 in front of that 6 as far as mileage longevity. I bought mine for 800 bucks with 145,000 miles on the odometer. Have put 15,000 additional miles on it since and averages 33-37 mpg's even with it's age and mileage. Mine has the 5 speed You WILL NOT beat a Civic or even an old Sentra with this car. However, parts are relatively cheap , especially the tires. The struts on the other hand run 100 dollars EACH. In short, if you find one, buy it and have the timing belt inspected and replaced. You won't be disappointed and these cars are very dependable especially in cold Colorado winters !

Reliable and won't quit.
By Wes in Colorado on 08/11/09 14:23 PM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Mirage S 2dr Coupe

Bought this car recently ( August 8,2009). Has 150,000 miles on it and previous owner said it has the same 1.5 liter engine, never been rebuilt and doesn't smoke. Starts right up every time and still has decent power with a 5 speed manual. Easy to work on for the DIY Mechanic and I look forward to keeping this car for another 100,000 miles. Parts are cheap and readily available at the local auto parts store. I'm averaging 31 MPG in city/hwy driving with the A/C on. Good little car and easy to maintain. If you find one for sale, buy it and you won't be disappointed.

Great car. Bring back the Mirage!
By Mary S. on 10/07/08 10:39 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Mirage S 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for 14 years. It has been very dependable, gets good gas mileage, and is comfortable to be in. It does really well in the snow for such a small car. It has enough weight that it doesn't get blown around. I am really sad that it is getting old and I may have to replace it. I never had any problems other than regular maintenance until the past few years. The Lancer feels cheap in comparison. The Mirage needs to be reinstated!

A reliable car
By KevN on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Mirage ES 2dr Coupe

The mirage is a very reliable car to have. No major issues from this car for the past 8 yrs. Just keep up with the routine maintenance, hop in and go. Good gas mileage city 28/33 hwy. This is a keeper until its' last days.

Reliable
By Lisa on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Mirage S 4dr Sedan

I have had my type S 4-door sedan for 8 years. Throughout the entire time I have owned this car there have been only two minor issues - one, where the key became stuck in the ignition, and the other being that the power window shorted out while open(during a rainstorm). Other than that, this car has been so reliable, well worth the money that I paid for it.

Sporty-Looking Economy Car
By JustinGlen28 on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Mirage LS 2dr Coupe

I've been satisfied with the LS Cpe for 3 reasons: ext design, great reliability and excellent fuel economy. The design of the car reminds me of a softer-looking Impreza RS. My LS came with the stock rear spoiler and the stock alloy rims and I became attracted to it. As far as reliability goes, I've have had no mechanical defects at all - I expect this car to last for a long time being nearly 10 yrs old. Finally, The fuel economy is excellent - I always avg about 28-33 mpg a month. The Mirage is for someone looking for a car that takes you from A to B with a hint of style.

very reliable
By mitman on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Mirage S 2dr Coupe

We bought this car new in 1994, and had it break down one time, it wouldn't start suddenly after being parked at the mall. It cost us $250 to fix it. Other than that it has had absolutely nothing done to it except an oil change about every 6000 miles on average. (well tires a couple times). I say, Very reliable car. We have a/c and a manual transmission