2012 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:
Great value!
By soyeahiknow on 02/02/13 19:00 PM (PST)

2012 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have been the go to guy to buying cars for my family so in the past 4 years, I have bought 3 new cars and one used car. I was worried about the CVT transmission because i read online it was a bad transmission with no power. Wow, these "expert" reviewers must be test driving too many turbo mustangs and super cars. The CVT is just fine in power! If you are not used to driving one, it may feel different. So in a with a regular auto transmission, a sign of an underpowered car is when u push the gas hard, you will see the engine RPM go way up but the speed lags until it up-shifts a gear. The CVT sounds just like that so u THINK like it's underpowered but it's not true. Test drive one.

I love my Lancer
By emmons11 on 10/21/12 14:45 PM (PDT)

2012 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am a 60yr old man and i have owned many many cars and trucks in my day.The MITSUBISHI LANCER is the best of all of them.I like to drive again,thanks to the Lancer!the handling, ride, fun to drive,good mpg,room,10yr 100,000 powertrain,5yr 60,000 bumper to bumper.how can you go wrong?this car is for young and old plus a great family car to.please drive one and see for yourself.

Another Mits in the family
By skwillbanks on 05/20/12 18:40 PM (PDT)

2012 Mitsubishi Lancer SE 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We have had several Mits's. Eclipse, Spyder, several Galants, Monty Sport. All excellent purchases and very dependable and they run forever. Our daughter is now of driving age and we went out on a limb am bought her a new car. Lancer SE. Was originally looking at an ES but the 2.0 is noisy. Drove the SE just to see if the engine was quieter and it was. This is the same engine my first Galant had in it. Very, very good car. With the warranty, the safety ratings, and the quality they offer - well I would say it was an easy decision.

The Lancer is an excellent car
By lynx2 on 04/21/12 15:27 PM (PDT)

2012 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The editor's review does not do the Lancer justice - it is an excellent car for the money, in almost all respects. I am particularly perplexed by their commend regarding the engine/CVT transmission combination, which in reality is smooth, quiet and powerful considering the excellent gas mileage (over 33 on the highway). You can buy cars with better mpg, but it will come at the expense of power. I have not problem going up steep hills at speed, with very little noise coming from the engine/transmission.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer in VA is:

$157 per month*