2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Review: Transmission problem

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Review

Ralliart Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automated Manual)

Transmission problem
By wheresmycar1 on

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Well I bought my Ralliart this sunday and we first drove it on monday afternoon. Four hours after our drive home from the dealership and adding just 40 miles to the car, the transmission was gone. The best part is that it was in our driveway when the transmission failed. We had the car towed and brought back to the dealership. Now they want to totally replace the transmission on the brand spanking new car. Mitsubishi is giving us problems just an all around unpleasant experience and now its a couple days later and have no word on whats going on.

The engine speed

Maybe do a secondary check of the vehicle before giving it to the customer and having it shut down.
By mitsumistake
on 04/25/12 09:53 AM (PDT)

I bought a Lancer SX recently and have clocked 1600km and the CVT has behaved very strangely from day one. It lurches about dramatically especially when cold. Taking foot off accelerator produces sudden jolts, sometimes quite violently, and it then seems to want to brake on its own and slows down rapidly while coasting. Braking often produces a sensation like the car is fighting against the braking and wanting to surge forward. This is the weirdest drive I've ever had and have had no support from Mistubishi - the first 1500km service last week I gave the dealer a very concise report on this problem, and they had the car for TWO DAYS. When I picked it up they assured me the issue had been fixed, but sure enough, when it was running from cold again, the problem returned. I would not recommend this car for anyone unless you want to discover a VERY STRANGE driving experience.