Used 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

Pros and Cons
By jacks74

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This was my first brand new car. A couple months into purchasing it, I had an issue starting it. I took it in and they said that it was a computer glitch with my line of car and that they couldn't fix and to press on the gas to start it when it happens. Currently battling the dealership with that but looking at others comments, it seems it'll likely always do this. Other than that I love it. I would be more satisfied if the dealership could fix the starting issue. I wish I would have purchased it used because the used price of the car would definitely be worth it.

Favorite Features

Steering controls, seats, the amount of room

Suggested Improvements

Can be noisy if you hear it running from outside the car, lurches forward when switching from reverse to drive occasionally

CVT will be an issue.
By tourqemada

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

About 30k on the 2011 Lancer now, the CVT tranny is noisy and jerky when cold, like it is slipping and catching. The power steering is making an unpleasant noise now as well. The headliner makes a buzzing noise when the road is smooth, worse when there are bumps in the road. We have noticed from A-holes in parking lots that there are no protective side moldings on the doors so we have a couple nasty dings in them now. There is a huge delay when operating the HVAC controls, dangerous when you are trying to clear the fog from the windshield. We have found that there are times when the car turns over but does not start right away, takes a few tries. Our last 2001 Lancer was better imo.

Favorite Features

Gas sipper, handles corners like Godzilla handles Tokyo, top speed higher than I can find a road to stretch it out on. Looks like its psst off, super mean body lines.

Suggested Improvements

Body side moldings, fix tranny shudder when cold.

Loved at first...
By carbuyer345

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2011 Lancer in 2012,and it now has 13,000 miles on it. I loved the car at first..The CVT takes some time to get used to, makes some interesting noises and lacks the power I would have liked. 3 months after getting the car, I started having issues with the car not starting. It would try and turn over and after about 3 tries, it finally would start..barely. I took it to the dealership and they said they couldn't help since it wouldn't do it while there. Around the same time as the starting issues happened, the car started to make a creaking noise when turning into parking spaces, streets, etc. Took it to the dealership and they told me the same thing. I am looking for a new car.

Favorite Features

Technology features, can't lock keys in car, bluetooth, satellite radio.

Sleeper
By venster

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

CVT takes some time to get used to. Has its quirks but helps with the mpg. I bought the car for an economical commuter which it does beautifully. Averaging 35mpg on my commute-80%highway. Interior is decent-alot of plastic but mitsubishi pulls it off. Exterior styling is nice. Handles well. It's not a BMW, nor does it cost as much.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, fuel economy, Fuse activation

Suggested Improvements

Interior plastics could be better.

Rally Red Lancer GTS CVT
By skater69

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

CVT takes a little getting used to. It's much quicker using the paddle shifters or manual mode if you want to jet off the line. I put a Takeda SRI intake-cheap/easy mod and it wakes it up a little bit/sounds great The GTS handles extremely well. It really does feel like a sport sedan in the curves and it's fun to use the paddles on the back roads. Steering is great. Cruises effortlessly on the freeway at 80+. Seats are very comfortable. Interior is nice if not spectacular. My only gripe with my GTS is I find the gas pedal angle kind of uncomfortable. It's too short or something. I got some larger RAZO aftermaket pedals which I'll be installing soon to help alleviate.

Favorite Features

Looks (18" wheels, sticky tires), paddle shifters, seats, warranty, Mitsu reliability (my Dad had 170K trouble free miles on his 3000GT VR-4), bluetooth, price (got a left over '2011 in 2012 heavily discounted).

Suggested Improvements

Instead of an mp3 direct aux input, there are VCA cables inputs so you need to buy an adapter to play your mp3 player. Not really an "improvement" but if you buy this car you will hear the road...especially on the freeway. The tires are noisy and the suspension is sport-tuned. Ride is firm but not harsh.