2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Review: One of the worst cars ever

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Review

DE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

One of the worst cars ever
By bolshevik on

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer DE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car used with little mileage, after a few months I've had to put around a thousand dollars in fixes to it. I had to clean the engine because it was clogged, it has instability problems when accelerating over 60 miles (it vibrates), I had to replace a valve and some other engine internals because they were damaged, had to do injection system cleaning, and the worst of all I have to add oil to it on a constant basis because it just simply consumes a ridiculous amount of oil. My other car a Toyota Yaris 2008 has over 115K (I drive it hard and a lot) and I haven't spent a SINGLE DOLLAR except on the normal oil and tire maintenance which I do by the book.

Really nothing. The car is so unstable and bad that I'm afraid it will leave me stranded all the time, so pretty much I'm going to just give away the account. Objectively speaking, the exterior and interior are pretty, and it is a spacious sedan, but the mechanics and quality seem like they were made with the cheapest parts available in a third world country factory.

Buy Toyota not Mitsubishi.