2009 Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Mitsubishi Lancer Paint Issues

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Review

ES-Sport Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Mitsubishi Lancer Paint Issues
By asharobinson on

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES-Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I was initially overjoyed with my purchase of a 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer but soon noticed thousands of chips in the exterior paint. I first contacted my insurance company who said that it was a manufacturer defect and will be covered by warranty. Agreeing because of the large number of chips, I reviewed my warranty booklet and followed protocol. When the service manager shared that corporate has been choosing to ignore the paint issue I began looking further into it online. I was not alone. Mitsubishi responded taking no responsibility for the defective paint. I've also had issues with starting the vehicle which Mitsubishi blamed on the quality of gas.

Favorite Features

Sleek design, the price, features such as bluetooth and fog lights and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the paint quality, look into the effects of current gas quality and their vehicles (issues with starting vehicle and loss in pick-up over time) and within Mitsubishi Motors Corp, it's customer resolution and recall policy.