2009 Mitsubishi Lancer 2.4L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Great little car for a

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Review

Great little car for a great value!
By AGKB on

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car to escape the crazy gas prices a while back. This car is the best bang for the buck. I looked at a lot of cars in its class and none came close; most (Civic, Mazda3, etc.) were more expensive with less options. You can't find a better car loaded with these options at this price. This car is much better looking too; looks like Bimmers, Audis and Volvos in the 40- 50K range! Not thrilled with the performance from 0-30, after that, it's great. I chose the CVT (convenience) over performance.

Favorite Features

Great looking! Sun-n-Sound system, fuel economy (getting much better than what's stated, avg. 28 mostly highway, but I've gotten 35 @ 80 MPH at times), handling, blue-tooth, navigation system, safety features (airbags everywhere), roominess (even with two kids in carseats), electronic disp options.

Suggested Improvements

Sluggishness off the line (maybe change the gearing), road noise, glare on the nav system/radio in certain lighting (hard to see)