2009 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:
DONT BUY IF IN SNOWY STATES
By winter wonderland on 02/17/10 19:02 PM (PST)

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new Lancer but there are flaws that i have noticed. Because i live in Maine we sand and salt the roads in the winter. This sand and salt has been chipping away at my paint. It is chipping off in front of my rear tires. Much of the paint is worn off and because it is the design and paint is not under warranty i have to fight and i don't think i will win. I did buy Mud guard prior to all the paint chipping, but the mud guards only drop like and inch. In snow storms it STINKS the tires don't grip i think it is because there is not a lot of weight but. The seats are hard and the arm rest is half the size that i am use to. i have realized that the car kinda jerks when you go up a hill anyrpm

Great Car for the Price
By Bishop on 08/11/09 17:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car drives & handles great. Put 3k miles on it in the 1st 3wks we had it w/ not one issue! MPG was better than advertised. 32 mpg w/ the A/C on most of the time! That's from Calif to Colorado and back. Great hands free Bluetooth system. Cruse Control works well and the stereo is not bad for a stock system.

Good Car/Good Value
By CK8408 on 05/10/09 16:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car on April 30th as my first new car after graduating college. I considered the Subaru Impreza and Mazda 3 but was blown away by the price, standard features, and performance of the Lancer. The 5 speed is fun and smooth. The engine could have more power, but with average 28-30 mpg I can't complain. Build quality seems to be great so far. The ES comes standard with many nice features such as steering wheel mounted audio controls and alloy wheels. You don't need to spend a lot of money to get a great looking Lancer. The ES comes standard with many great features. Sure there are always improvements, but for the price it's hard to beat. I highly recommend it.

Some Good, Some Bad
By jenniewray on 01/20/09 08:21 AM (PST)

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When we first got the Lancer in mild weather it was fantastic - we felt like we were driving a luxury car! We first noticed an issue with the radio/speakers a few months ago. The radio didn't actually start to make noise until the dial was at 15. Last week, anytime anything other than talk radio the speakers are now crackling. Since winter started the rear door windows are taking FOREVER to defrost (over an hour) and interior parts are rattling (locks on the doors, back window, silver stripe on the passenger door). We called the dealership and they told us there was nothing they could do about the rattling or the defrost issues as when it gets cold that's what happens. Nice response!

Better looking than the other imports
By Gordo on 01/10/09 08:25 AM (PST)

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is one sweet ride, for the price. I've had it a month & it has never let me down, even in the snow. The only option I added was Bluetooth which is something I will not live without in my next purchase. I've tested Mitsu power plants for the past 10 years, in my 97 Neon & my 98 Dodge Stratus, both engines never let me down & I have over 275000kms on the Stratus. I believe I'll get as much if not more mileage on my Lancer

Great Car
By porcrynd on 05/22/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very satisfied with this car. 28 mpg in mixed driving, 33 hwy. Smooth suspension, very comfortable. Great warranty, great features. Very fun to drive and great looking. The Hondas and Toyotas are ugly. Try one and you'll love it. The CVT transmission just kills the power but it feels very peppy with the manual.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer in VA is:

$147 per month*