Used 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

DONT BUY IF IN SNOWY STATES
By winter wonderland

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new Lancer but there are flaws that i have noticed. Because i live in Maine we sand and salt the roads in the winter. This sand and salt has been chipping away at my paint. It is chipping off in front of my rear tires. Much of the paint is worn off and because it is the design and paint is not under warranty i have to fight and i don't think i will win. I did buy Mud guard prior to all the paint chipping, but the mud guards only drop like and inch. In snow storms it STINKS the tires don't grip i think it is because there is not a lot of weight but. The seats are hard and the arm rest is half the size that i am use to. i have realized that the car kinda jerks when you go up a hill anyrpm

A lot of head room, Love the head lights and the rear end (but get a spoiler it makes the car) a surprisingly big trunk

re-design the side skirts so rocks don't chip the paint

Great Car for the Price
By Bishop

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car drives & handles great. Put 3k miles on it in the 1st 3wks we had it w/ not one issue! MPG was better than advertised. 32 mpg w/ the A/C on most of the time! That's from Calif to Colorado and back. Great hands free Bluetooth system. Cruse Control works well and the stereo is not bad for a stock system.

Feature rich... Great steering wheel controls. Lots of room for passengers front and back! Trunk held 4 suitcases and 2 carry bags plus odds & ends. A/C works well, @ first thought it would not but surpassed expectations!

Interior is kind of plastic like and the road noise can be noticed. The paint job is a bit rough as far as the quality goes (Back of gas cap door and trunk under carpet is not great) but for the price this car is hard to beat!

Good Car/Good Value
By CK8408

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car on April 30th as my first new car after graduating college. I considered the Subaru Impreza and Mazda 3 but was blown away by the price, standard features, and performance of the Lancer. The 5 speed is fun and smooth. The engine could have more power, but with average 28-30 mpg I can't complain. Build quality seems to be great so far. The ES comes standard with many nice features such as steering wheel mounted audio controls and alloy wheels. You don't need to spend a lot of money to get a great looking Lancer. The ES comes standard with many great features. Sure there are always improvements, but for the price it's hard to beat. I highly recommend it.

5 speed manual, steering wheel mounted controls, high MPG, tight handling, overall quality.

Improve the base sound system and add a 6th gear to the transmission. When the car is rolling on the highway, it feels like it could take a 6th gear. But overall not many needed improvements.

Some Good, Some Bad
By jenniewray

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When we first got the Lancer in mild weather it was fantastic - we felt like we were driving a luxury car! We first noticed an issue with the radio/speakers a few months ago. The radio didn't actually start to make noise until the dial was at 15. Last week, anytime anything other than talk radio the speakers are now crackling. Since winter started the rear door windows are taking FOREVER to defrost (over an hour) and interior parts are rattling (locks on the doors, back window, silver stripe on the passenger door). We called the dealership and they told us there was nothing they could do about the rattling or the defrost issues as when it gets cold that's what happens. Nice response!

Heated seats, iPod hook-up, exterior "look", controls on the steering wheel.

Heat vents in the rear, tighter fitting interior features, sound system improvement/durability.

Better looking than the other imports
By Gordo

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is one sweet ride, for the price. I've had it a month & it has never let me down, even in the snow. The only option I added was Bluetooth which is something I will not live without in my next purchase. I've tested Mitsu power plants for the past 10 years, in my 97 Neon & my 98 Dodge Stratus, both engines never let me down & I have over 275000kms on the Stratus. I believe I'll get as much if not more mileage on my Lancer

5Spd, Bluetooth, heated seats that are supportive, trunk space (fits 2 hockey bags), Looks, the wing on the back blocks most headlamp beams from behind, radio controls on the steering wheel,

Posted fuel economy doable if you drive like grandma, 6 spd manual in lower trim models