2008 Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic Consumer Review - 5 Year Review 2008 GTS

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Review

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

GTS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

5 Year Review 2008 GTS
By mba0006 on

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned my Mitsu for 5 years now. I am trading it in for a '13 Charger b/c I can afford one now. This was a great car! The 150 hp engine felt more along the lines of mid 200's. The cvt transmission is a bit sluggish in the low RPMs but the lancer is a fun car to drive. I am 6-2 and 200lbs. I felt comfortable in the lancer. The back seats were okay, very wide but not much leg room. The GTS is very sporty. The Rocksford sound is great! If youre expecting it to be like the Evo you will be disappointed, but the lancer is still fun to drive and has a practicle MPG and cost. Exterior noise was the one complaint (hwy speeds are noisy) but the RF sound can drown it out ;) For the price range A+

Favorite Features

- Rocksford Fosgate Sound! - 18" Wheels - Handling performance for a FWD - Visually appealing - I get 28-32 mpg on HWY - never had any major issues - low cost to maintain (non prem gas, normal oil) - Leather wrapped steering wheel - Paddle Shifters!(GTS Model) - Comfortable even for tall people - Sunroof

Suggested Improvements

- CVT... Slowwww - Loud hwy noise - Cheaper plastics in certain places (get what you pay for I guess) - Gas millage could be better in the city for a 2.0L - leg room in the back (only when the driver has the seat all the way back) if you're 5- something you wont have this problem.