2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Review: I put down my ratte when I was

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Review

GTS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

I put down my ratte when I was 3
By zerokool on

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I overall was excited at the purchase of this car. Based on the reviews previously I had read & thought wow this car will have everything I've been looking for. Afterthoughts of ownership - 1.5 yrs - car is lacking in quality at build. From day one I had asked the tech about engine noise above 2500 rpm. The cabin is always filled with noises of some kind. Recently, the rattles from the doors are killing me. I warn those who buy this vehicle that any car that gives you a rebate will come back to bite you in the end. When they give a 5k rebate, that means you're now 5k down in what you paid for it.

I like the style of the body & the curves/lines. The upgrade from the previous body style really helps to attract buyers who need that "Look at me" feeling.

I do not like to say this, but Mitsubishi has always been known for using less than average quality on materials. If they would focus on noise issues & a bit on ride comfort with the lumbar support or leg support in the seat, they would have a decent car. The 2.4 did help the power issue.