2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Review: Great toys for the money

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Review

GTS Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Great toys for the money
By blu5092 on

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car has lots of features that would cost some serious green with other competitors. The Nav and sound system alone is good enough for a purchase. The car itself, unfortunately could have have been better. I found it sluggish. The CVT is almost unbearable. It feels like it's being pushed to catch up with the engine. The car screams to get going from a starting position. I think that a regular automatic would have been a better choice. This engine is supposed to be lighter and have impressive HP for it's size. My Suzuki Reno is faster getting to 60. Other CVTs in the market don't feel like this. I crank the radio up so I don't hear the motor. It also gets poor gas mileage on hard acceleration.

Favorite Features

Like the Mitsu NAV sys and it's impressive features build in. Also like the sound system, paddle shifters and steering mounted controls. Overall design is good. The 18" wheels are a great addition.

Suggested Improvements

Either the engine or tranny needs improvement. They do not match. Sheet metal is poor and paper thin. Watch out !! Stay away from SUVs and carts in parking lots. Wider tires are needed. The stance would be awesome. The gauge for the fuel is indecisive. It fluctuates too often.