2008 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:
Great car
By Allen Fort on 05/21/08 08:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Wow!! What is there not to say about this car. I've had it for almost a year and already put 16k on the thing. I can't leave it parked in the driveway, it's just to sexy for that. It definitely needs to be opened up to get best results. I have the fully loaded GTS, has nav, blue-tooth, great system and don't forget the paddle shifters. The new Lancer gets great gas mileage and is extremely fun to drive. I do enjoy the keyless entry, however, don't leave the car on and take the remote out too many times, soon it will tell you the key is missing even though its not. This car is definitely a "Head Turner".

Lot of car for the money
By Stcharlesguy on 05/07/08 14:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

What a great car!! I cant say enough about it!! i was worried when i bought it, going from an Infiniti to a Mitsu. Boy was i wrong. Much quicker response, funner to driver, more sportier. Don't let the 2.0L engine scare you, this thing is flying down the road before you know it. The CVT really makes that possible! I Have the fully loaded GTS with nav. It's ridiculous how many options you get for such a small price. I paid twice as much for my Infiniti and got a lot less.

Great Car & Lots of features
By Keith on 05/07/08 09:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car in hopes of having a nice ride with optional MP3 & Sat Radio options for trips. Well i found out i can even watch movies on this Rockford Fosgate System w/ sub & i get 32 mpg on the HWY @ 80 mph. I traded an old civic in for this & it has definitely grabbed me. I would say test drive & see how responsive they are vs. a Scion TC or Corolla you get much more & better fuel economy for less coin ;)

Awesome Car
By Nic231 on 05/02/08 17:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I do have to agree with the snow thing. I live in Chicago and this car sucked on even a dusting of snow. But other than that this car rocks! I love the sound sys. Love the nav. Looks are good but the tires. Be careful not to bump the curb with these rims. It will grind up the rims. Car dose need more hp and the 16 more for 09 ain't cutting it!

Paint chips
By Jacki Monnat on 05/01/08 16:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

After 6 weeks of owning the car and 3,000 miles I noticed Paint chips on the side in front of the rear tires. I took it to the dealer and they took pictures and sent them to Mitsubishi and they said they wouldn't cover it that it was my fault. The front tires kick off stones causing a sandblasting to the side of the car. They said they didn't make mud flaps for them yet. It gets worse everyday. I see more people are having the same problem. I am now filling out paper work for the attorney General.

driving in the snow
By ronny2 on 04/23/08 01:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was told at the sale of the 2008 Lancer that it would be "fine" in the snow. Much to my dismay, it was completely the opposite. I first discovered just how scary this car was on a snow covered slight uphill driveway when the whole front end slid to the right! There was absolutely no traction from the tires and when I called the dealership, they suggested I get snow tires to the tune of $1300. They did offer to mount/balance them at a discount, however I was very disappointed. I was unable to drive my NEW car during predicted snowstorms and when I got caught in a few "dustings", I was unable to get up my driveway and once barely made it down the road! Has anyone used snow tires? Did it work

What an Awesome Car
By simon on 04/08/08 08:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer DE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What a great car! It is excellent quality, fun to drive, great auto and it is so small and quiet. It is very quick too and you do not know that you are doing 75-80 mph at times! There is plenty of room for four and luggage and it carries them superbly. The sound system is excellent for a factory sound unit and really can be turned up. A joy to own.

Love it
By Jessechop on 04/03/08 08:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Girlfriend and I just bought a new 08 Lancer and love it. Handles great, even in the snow. Fuel economy is ok, a lot better than the trucks we are usually driving. The CVT is really neat

Great Car for the Money
By Cheap Milwaukeean on 03/12/08 07:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned the car for 3 weeks now and put fuel in it twice. I am averaging 27.5 mpg in a city/hwy mix while being rather aggressive with the throttle. Not as good as I could get with a smaller car but I am 6-4 300 lbs and I'm comfortable in the Lancer. The car has plenty of HP and torque. I have found myself doing 90mph on the freeway without much effort. Getting around town is effortless. At 6'4" I actually have the drivers seat up a notch which surprised me. The back seat provides enough room for 2 kids (1 in a car seat). Seats are comfortable too. The gauges are laid out well and the car performs all the functions that it should rather well. I need more room to write the review

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS
By Adam S. on 03/09/08 08:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The car has decent room w/ comfortable seats for long trips (folding in the rear 4 more cargo space). It has great features like the GPS, hands free Bluetooth, 650W stereo w/ the 30GB hard disk w/ Sirius and especially the Fast Key! The CVT is really smooth and the paddle shifting is fun w/its 6 dedicated gears. The 2.0 engine is surprisingly peppy, though just not off the line. Mileage has been much better than I expected w/ 33-40+MPG doing 55-65 mph on the highway and no less than 26+ around town. Overall ride is well controlled & neve r harsh. Handling is really fun in this car and the brakes are also really good.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer in NJ is:

$262 per month*