2008 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:
2008 Lancer ES
By Andy Ferrari on 10/25/08 23:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have had the car for over a year now and i regret to say that im not impressed. From the first time it was driven off the lot i noticed that it was a very noisy engine. From a stop there is no power, getting in the third from second gear is a different story. Overall, the car is very nice. It is a seriously big jump from previous generations of Lancers.

Lancer stick
By jjwarner on 09/19/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

LANCER 5 speed is a cheap car with better gas mileage than predicted. I get 25 in the city and 37 on the road. It needs a 6th gear however, the rpm are high on the highway after about 60 mph. It's very peppy and easy to drive. Has a horrible blind spot on left side. The "fast key" and map system are bogus and the time clock takes forever to display. However, it's economy and fun to drive make up for the blind spot (bought a blind spot mirror). This is my third Mitsubishi, the cars do very well overall.

Fun for Teen
By Hadeswolf on 09/10/08 10:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Had the GTS CVT for over half a year now, and I have to say, this car is extremely fun to drive. I paid a tad too much for this car, but it was worth every single penny. This car is great, looks aggressive, perfect for those teenage drivers like myself. Although I have to say I'm a little disappointed in the engine power, it's a blast to drive. The 152 hp engine could be a little better, certainly the 09 GTS with the 2.4 L 168 hp engine will be much faster. The fuel economy is rather good on this car. I get about on average 21 to 22 MPG. But for me this is hard to obtain because as a teenage driver, accelerating slowly doesn't give me a rush of adrenaline.

Love my Lancer!
By khusin on 08/04/08 00:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my GTS 4 months ago and i am really enjoying it! Exterior looks great, i get compliments wherever i go. It lacks a bit of power at first but fast once up to speed, and extremely fun to drive. I have taken it to a few mountain passes and driven it along the California coast and i couldn't be happier with it. The car handles very well with very good steering feel, although with the 18" stock wheels on the GTS it can be jarring at times. Rockford system sounds great and the sun roof is a plus. Plenty of room for me and three friends. My only complaint is the use of some cheap plastics on the interior which tend to rattle a little with the sub turned up. Overall tho i LOVE this car!

Updated review, 10,000 miles later
By SixFeetDeep on 07/03/08 19:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My first review was under the name Adam S. Just an FYI to all reading this. The car has been holding up pretty well. My only issues with the car has been the stock Dunlops which the dealership swapped out. They had a pulling issue from day 1 & they put on Pirelli P-Zero Neros instead. Now the car doesn't handle quite as well. Hopefully they will be better in the winter. The Dunlops were pretty scary! The paint on this car chips very easily! The front & right behind the rear doors my car looks awful! The Navi system is only current up to 2006! That is ridiculous! Mitsu's customer service has been quite poor. But overall, 10K later, the car has never given me any trouble. A+ for that.

Lancer 08
By lancer 08 on 06/26/08 02:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Me and my wife both love this car. 13,000 km on it now and preforms great. The style is the best on the road for a sedan. the warranty in Canada is the best on the road. Wish I could have had the 2.4 from the 09, might have more power. Not an overall fan of the CVT. I drove this car in heavy snow all winter and it preformed great. Temperature hit -40 and relays blew with only 2000 km on it. Moisture out of the factory they said. The joys of a new car I guess.

A big mistake!
By MeanGreene on 06/13/08 19:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I leased a 2008 GTS in Dec 07, only to get rid of it shortly thereafter. The right front door rattled terribly and the dealership kept pretending not to hear it. They also refused to print work orders for my car. The windshield wipers went out on me in the pouring down rain for about 5 minutes on the highway during rush hour. The subwoofer in the trunk became dismounted within the first week of me having the car. Ended up getting an 08 Nissan Altima Coupe. I love it. Better quality car and comes with better customer service.

08 Lancer
By Lancer on 06/06/08 10:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It's my first "new" car and for the price I am 100% satisfied with what I got. I love the sound of the mivec when you get on it a little. There has only been a couple things I don't love about my new lancer: I wish the 5 speed had another gear; when I am cruising at 70 and my rpm are just over 3k, I feel like I am straining it even though I'm not. (it does have some crazy response in 5th though, jumping up into the triple digits with just a little push!) and gas mileage could be a little better especially with the way prices are going. But in all, I'm very happy with the car. Its a joy to drive every day!

This summer will be fun...
By ssikpiyelnats on 05/25/08 11:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The thing that I like most about this car, is that even at the base model the entire car looks aggressive. You didn't get that with the previous years. I have the ES 5 SP with the 650 Watt stereo and I love it. I'm 6'4" and had to scoot the seat closer for comfort. The new forward swept windshield keeps the sun out of your eyes, great feature in Florida. The engine is quick to respond for a 2.0 L, and you're hitting 80 before you know it. The gas mileage leaves a bit to be desired, but it's not horrible. The interior is wonderful, doesn't feel like it was built with cheap plastic parts. And the AUX port to plug in the iPod, thank god. I'm able to carry my entire music library. Great car!

Great toys for the money
By blu5092 on 05/21/08 18:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car has lots of features that would cost some serious green with other competitors. The Nav and sound system alone is good enough for a purchase. The car itself, unfortunately could have have been better. I found it sluggish. The CVT is almost unbearable. It feels like it's being pushed to catch up with the engine. The car screams to get going from a starting position. I think that a regular automatic would have been a better choice. This engine is supposed to be lighter and have impressive HP for it's size. My Suzuki Reno is faster getting to 60. Other CVTs in the market don't feel like this. I crank the radio up so I don't hear the motor. It also gets poor gas mileage on hard acceleration.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.