Used 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

I love my Lancer!!
By sweetheartkillz

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost a year now. I drove my pile of junk 2007 G6 all the down from NW Iowa to Kansas City to get this car. I love it!! I've had no problems except some jerk keyed it. : ( My brother ran his car along the side of it, but that's been fixed. It's sleek, sexy, faster than my Bf's Mustang. I agree a 6th gear would be nice but that's the only thing! If you want a quiet car, buy the automatic. Manuals are naturally louder. I haven't added anything to this car, yet. Also has awesome speakers. And as for the rattling in the door that's only from the junk you have in there, if you take all the CD's and stuff out it stops. Mine is black by the way. No paint chipping.

Everything!!

Just a 6th gear!

Very much underestimated
By FMF DOC

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am in the military in the middle of nowhere, so I get a whole lot of highway miles. However, I am from Chicago so I am very much a city driver. The GTS fulfills my needs. My only after market modification is a K&N cold air, and my GTS is superb. Handling is definitely sharp, brakes and safety are more than what you can ask for. Lacks a bit of top end speed but with the right shifting you can overcome more than you think.

The 4b11 mivec engine is awesome, and I love the bluetooth, especially useful in California.

I can't beat most v8's and or turbocharged vehicles on a straightaway, so more power would be grateful, oh and a 6th gear with that power.

Love my 08 Lancer!!!
By Aaron

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my lancer for 2 years now and I work at a GM dealership believe it or not. I love my lancer. I was surprised to see all the problems that people were having with paint chipping and noise in the cabin as I have not experienced any of these. I have the GTS with AWD and it handles absolutely beautiful on the snow here in upstate New York. I'm going to keep this car till it hits 200-300k. In the meantime I am buying a 2010 Camaro for a toy.

Bluetooth, Magnesium Paddle Shifters, Dash display.

Definitely need a leather option or better cloth. I hate how everything clings to the cloth seats! Also give us an AUX audio input.

Good car
By Shane

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Loved this car, I have the ES. Nice cheap car to get you around. Have taken it to Dallas and back a few times which is about 4.5 hours away from me. Loved driving it every mile of the way. Haven't had any problems with it at all yet. The engine doesn't feel that luckluster for a tiny 4 cylinder which is good. Car is amazingly sharp when just putting tint on the windows and giving it a good wash. A real looker. Gas mileage is awesome, I drive the highway to work and back and get around 33mpg when I don't use the a/c. Very very nice car, I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't have kids. Backseat is a little small.

Sirius radio built in! Bluetooth built in. This car can turn on a dime. Gas mileage rawks too.

None really. Quieter cabin. A locking glove box and bigger console would be great.

Affordable fun!
By Ssikpiyelnats

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the 08 Lancer ES with the sun and sound package for a year now. I've found it extremely enjoyable. I added a K+N air filter, and an axle back Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, and noticed a performance increase and MPG increase immediately. The sound system is great, gives a nice rounded sound without being overbearing. The transmission is smooth, and the car can be tossed around with relative ease. I love the interior design, there's beauty in simplicity. Everything is integrated into the dash, making it flow wonderfully. The only complaint I have is that after a year, the padding used on the rear dash to deaden rattles has worn out, causing vibrations with the music. Annoying.

New style, inside and out. Unlike others, I LOVE the sound of the engine. I like to hear whatever I'm driving. The dashboard is a brilliant design. No seams from a detachable radio interface, and a wonderful flow throughout the cabin. Amazing backseat room for a compact sedan.

Better sound deadening materials for the Sun and Sound package. Shorter shifter. HID lights on all models.