Used 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

Never again
By PJ

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The most uncomfortable and most underpowered vehicle I have ever owned. Center console might as well be a concrete block. Paint quality is ridiculously poor; and need we even discuss engine power? Or rather lack thereof. While the mileage of the V4 is nice; having a V6 would be much better. Hindsight is 20/20 and I should never have bought this vehicle. From about day 5 of ownership I tried to get rid of it. Found some other sucker to buy it; never again will I own a Mitsubishi - stick to televisions.

Favorite Features

I'm glad it is someone else's underpowered, uncomfortable piece - does that count?

Suggested Improvements

Stick to making televisions Mitsubishi.

For those with good taste
By Alfred

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Lancer GTS since late 2007 and it is my first car. I did get it keyed by some ****** dog a month after I bought it (hopefully karma got him). Besides that, this car is excellent. I am in love with the 650-watt sound system it has and its navigation system. As for the paint, It has chipping and scratches over the front bumper but that's because I live in the northeast. I have had no mechanical problems so far which is a testament to Mitsubishi's renewed oath to quality. I would recommend getting aftermarket performance parts to beef it up. I think that the 5-speed manual is better since the automatic does not exploit all of the engine's power. No rust so far ha!

Favorite Features

The aggressive styling and interior. Electronics and the MIVEC engine.

Suggested Improvements

A stock dual exhaust would make the car complete.

Good riddance
By LVnative

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Could not be happier its gone! The most underpowered vehicle I have ever owned; might as well mow the lawn. This car is a joke; would not buy again; would not recommend to anyone; STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR. Getting rid of this car was the best thing I did! Not comfortable, VERY underpowered!

Favorite Features

NOTHING nothing, did I mention NOTHING?

Suggested Improvements

uh, more power?

Glad it's GONE
By HK416

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Glad my Lancer is gone & someone elses problem. Would not buy one, would not recommend one, will never own one again. Extremely under-powered, not comfortable, cheaply build. The only redeeming factor with this car is the fuel mileage, other than that - stay away from these. Heaven forbid you have to use the A/C because the A/C will use 3 of the 4 gerbils powering this car. Had mine less than 18 months; and oh so happy it is gone.

Favorite Features

Fuel mileage - that is it; nothing else

Suggested Improvements

more power, more power, more power

I love my Lancer!!
By sweetheartkillz

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost a year now. I drove my pile of junk 2007 G6 all the down from NW Iowa to Kansas City to get this car. I love it!! I've had no problems except some jerk keyed it. : ( My brother ran his car along the side of it, but that's been fixed. It's sleek, sexy, faster than my Bf's Mustang. I agree a 6th gear would be nice but that's the only thing! If you want a quiet car, buy the automatic. Manuals are naturally louder. I haven't added anything to this car, yet. Also has awesome speakers. And as for the rattling in the door that's only from the junk you have in there, if you take all the CD's and stuff out it stops. Mine is black by the way. No paint chipping.

Favorite Features

Everything!!

Suggested Improvements

Just a 6th gear!