2008 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:
Mitsu. does not back their product!
By mcarm on 04/28/09 07:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought in 07-Drawn in by the great new design I decided to give Mitsu a chance. They were rude from the start and never should have bought this car. Had problems with tires, window leaking, sunroof, the car pulls to the left, TERRIBLY CHEAP paint- hundreds of tiny paint chips. Brought the car in over 15 times in the 1.5 yrs I had it. I was always upset over the problems and no one cared. I spoke to everyone that worked at Mitsu and they were disrespectful and rude. I have never been treated so badly. I asked them to check out the paint and that was months ago and never heard back. No matter how good this car looks, do not get it. I hate the comp so much I took a hit and traded it in.

I put down my ratte when I was 3
By zerokool on 04/14/09 04:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I overall was excited at the purchase of this car. Based on the reviews previously I had read & thought wow this car will have everything I've been looking for. Afterthoughts of ownership - 1.5 yrs - car is lacking in quality at build. From day one I had asked the tech about engine noise above 2500 rpm. The cabin is always filled with noises of some kind. Recently, the rattles from the doors are killing me. I warn those who buy this vehicle that any car that gives you a rebate will come back to bite you in the end. When they give a 5k rebate, that means you're now 5k down in what you paid for it.

Hope you like spots!!!
By Lori Claar on 02/27/09 07:18 AM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My Lancer looks awesome with the body kit straight from the manufacturer and the exceptional look of the front end. But I live in central Pennsylvania and my car is not looking good after only three months of winter. I was told to purchase mud flaps to prevent chipping, and when I went to purchase the flaps after I bought the car, the dealership informed me they do not make them for the ES body type. Now not only is it chipping but there are 8inch strips of paint by the back doors that are gone. THIS IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY BECAUSE IT WAS BROUGHT ON BY AN OUTSIDE SOURCE. Do you think it may have something to do with the paint or the way the car was designed????????

There's much better
By Nick on 02/26/09 23:32 PM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Many complain that gas mileage is "poor under hard acceleration, no HID lights, no leather option, etc." This is an economy car people!!!! Of course mileage is bad when you drive aggressively, HID's come on cars that are typically $25K+ (as well as leather). I will review this car for exactly what it is and against it's competitors. The build quality is horrible. Paint is very bad as well. Mileage is excellent, though. Interior materials rattle, interior noise can be deafening. It's not "exciting" to drive, nor is it fast. SUV's smoked me at on-ramps. It looks good though. For the same price, VW Rabbit, Mazda 3, etc are all better choices. I got rid of my Lancer after 5 months.

Great Car For The Money
By hayesd2 on 02/09/09 12:47 PM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 08 new and have had it now for a little over a year. I have the "sun and fun" package along with the wing on the rear. The only real flaw I can think of is that the car should have had a 6th gear. Gas mileage would have been far better and the wear and tear on the engine would be reduced. I would buy it again

Love this car
By sephiroth1386 on 01/28/09 21:14 PM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for about a year now, and I've never had ANY problems with it. Not even the paint chipping problems that some have had. The only reason I'd trade this car in, is for either the Ralliart version or Evo X.

My Best Sedan Ever
By FAX68 on 01/19/09 19:38 PM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2008 Mitsubishi Sedan ES Manual with 41,225 miles. It never gave me any problems except for getting use on those computer gadget on the dash. I live in the northeast and drive on Interstate 95 all the time 7 days a week sunny or nor'easter. Who said it's bad on snow? I realized it is not the car it's the tires. I almost hit the railing on 95 but the car tremendously responded on my driving and avoided a total wreck. No power? Just use 4th gear all the time to pass cars. it can pass 2 to 3 cars in a second especially with a manual. The secret is learn to drive this car. "You control the Lancer Don't let the Lancer control you." The Lancer is fast just be aggressive.

Cooool Car.
By Buboy on 01/19/09 12:59 PM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If you want a high tech car with superb sound system at a reasonable price, this car is for you. However, if you want racing cars - buy the Ralliart or Evo.

More Power
By Desprate For Power on 11/22/08 00:58 AM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Okay there is the DE Lancer the ES Lancer and the GTS, I own the GTS and I just don't see the point, because it looks just like the others. I have the CVT transmission which makes the 0-60 an astonishing 11.7 seconds. It is extremely underpowered and overpriced for that power, you can get the same car in the DE or the ES. you can order the same accessories as well. The car weighs 3100 lbs, and puts 139 hp to the wheels. I put rims on my GTS and it looks amazing, but needless to say wouldn't they all. I would also say get it without the spoiler if you ever hope to see out of the rear window. It is a great car I can say that!

Silver
By turbodreams on 10/28/08 21:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer DE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have this car in Silver without a wing. The wingless lancer looks classy especially in silver. Added limo tints to the back half of the car. This adds amazing privacy for that luxuriously large back seat area (if ya know what I mean). Also if you take time to notice, the fabric used for the seats is perfect and very cleanable (much better than leather would be). I couldn't ask for sportier gauges. Thanks Mitsubishi. If 152 HP isn't enough, slap an intake an exhaust on it, you'll pass TCs, Civics and Mazda 3s. I must say when driving this car, I feel very in control of it. Many other cars don't compare. I adore my cars spacious interior so much. It's not just a car. It's an adventure. Thanks Mitsubishi.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.