Used 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

Great Car
By Rob

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Just bought it about a month ago, I got it with the mud flaps and hood deflector. The hood deflector looks sexy (adds a touch of design at the front while it protects). No stone chips at all from me driving but it did have 2 or 3 at the front from the previous owner who did not put a hood protector or mud flaps on. It is the CVT auto and I don't know why people say it doesn't have enough power, it's plenty and when I switch to the manual sports mode, it goes well enough. Unless you want to race with this car, it's gonna cut it, plenty. It has more power than my old 96 civic which still had a lot of HP left. The paint job, might be a little fragile but it should technically hold out.

Everything! It's loaded and the Rockford Fosgate sound system rocks!

More coats of paint and clear coat. Worse case, if the car behaves good and has a good record and new paint job 10 years from now would be well worth its design!

Never again
By PJ

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The most uncomfortable and most underpowered vehicle I have ever owned. Center console might as well be a concrete block. Paint quality is ridiculously poor; and need we even discuss engine power? Or rather lack thereof. While the mileage of the V4 is nice; having a V6 would be much better. Hindsight is 20/20 and I should never have bought this vehicle. From about day 5 of ownership I tried to get rid of it. Found some other sucker to buy it; never again will I own a Mitsubishi - stick to televisions.

I'm glad it is someone else's underpowered, uncomfortable piece - does that count?

Stick to making televisions Mitsubishi.

For those with good taste
By Alfred

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Lancer GTS since late 2007 and it is my first car. I did get it keyed by some ****** dog a month after I bought it (hopefully karma got him). Besides that, this car is excellent. I am in love with the 650-watt sound system it has and its navigation system. As for the paint, It has chipping and scratches over the front bumper but that's because I live in the northeast. I have had no mechanical problems so far which is a testament to Mitsubishi's renewed oath to quality. I would recommend getting aftermarket performance parts to beef it up. I think that the 5-speed manual is better since the automatic does not exploit all of the engine's power. No rust so far ha!

The aggressive styling and interior. Electronics and the MIVEC engine.

A stock dual exhaust would make the car complete.

Good riddance
By LVnative

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Could not be happier its gone! The most underpowered vehicle I have ever owned; might as well mow the lawn. This car is a joke; would not buy again; would not recommend to anyone; STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR. Getting rid of this car was the best thing I did! Not comfortable, VERY underpowered!

NOTHING nothing, did I mention NOTHING?

uh, more power?

Glad it's GONE
By HK416

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Glad my Lancer is gone & someone elses problem. Would not buy one, would not recommend one, will never own one again. Extremely under-powered, not comfortable, cheaply build. The only redeeming factor with this car is the fuel mileage, other than that - stay away from these. Heaven forbid you have to use the A/C because the A/C will use 3 of the 4 gerbils powering this car. Had mine less than 18 months; and oh so happy it is gone.

Fuel mileage - that is it; nothing else

more power, more power, more power