Used 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

Most Helpful|
Don't deal with Mitsubishi
By Kevin

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

It was very nice at first then unusual stuff started happening to the car. Stuff Mitsubishi won't cover. For example, earlier this week, I was driving down the highway at 60 mph. There was no one on the road in front of me and there was no overpass. Clear skies. All of a sudden I heard an explosion right above me. It was the sunroof. Glass started flying off the back of my car from the sunroof. I had no idea what just happened and am absolutely positive that nothing hit the car. After getting the run around from the dealership and their hot line, and finding proof this happened to other people (there's an entire forum with people with similar stories) They still said they would not cover it.

Favorite Features

Navigation Sirius

Suggested Improvements

When you say you have a great warranty, you should actually mean it.

Should have read here first
By Nebraska

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Why oh why did I not check here first! This car is a joke; my kids RC car has more power and is in all likelihood more comfortable. For God's sake what is in the console armrest - concrete? Cause there sure as hell is not padding. If, and it is a big "IF" this car had ANY redeeming qualities it would be the mileage, but who cares about mileage at the great expense of power. If you plan on passing anyone, make sure they are either riding a bicycle (and it better not be Lance Armstrong) or they are a little old lady on a motorized cart, other than that, you'll never make it. Had the car for 9-months and I will never get those 9-mos back.

Favorite Features

Does the day I got rid of it count as a favorite feature?

Suggested Improvements

Cease and desist production. Or at least put a decent engine in it.

Good riddance
By LVnative

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Could not be happier its gone! The most underpowered vehicle I have ever owned; might as well mow the lawn. This car is a joke; would not buy again; would not recommend to anyone; STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR. Getting rid of this car was the best thing I did! Not comfortable, VERY underpowered!

Favorite Features

NOTHING nothing, did I mention NOTHING?

Suggested Improvements

uh, more power?

Glad it's GONE
By HK416

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Glad my Lancer is gone & someone elses problem. Would not buy one, would not recommend one, will never own one again. Extremely under-powered, not comfortable, cheaply build. The only redeeming factor with this car is the fuel mileage, other than that - stay away from these. Heaven forbid you have to use the A/C because the A/C will use 3 of the 4 gerbils powering this car. Had mine less than 18 months; and oh so happy it is gone.

Favorite Features

Fuel mileage - that is it; nothing else

Suggested Improvements

more power, more power, more power

A big mistake!
By MeanGreene

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I leased a 2008 GTS in Dec 07, only to get rid of it shortly thereafter. The right front door rattled terribly and the dealership kept pretending not to hear it. They also refused to print work orders for my car. The windshield wipers went out on me in the pouring down rain for about 5 minutes on the highway during rush hour. The subwoofer in the trunk became dismounted within the first week of me having the car. Ended up getting an 08 Nissan Altima Coupe. I love it. Better quality car and comes with better customer service.

Favorite Features

front grill design

Suggested Improvements

quality of the car.