Used 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

You get what you pay for I guess
By rwilliams148

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my 2008 Lancer GTS for almost two years now. At first it was great but at 61,000 miles trouble started. My blower motor has already went out and we just recently moved and now have a gravel road. I have dust coming inside the car from my glove box, all vents, my cd player, my steering wheel column, and all the doors. I contacted Mitsubishi about this and they will not do anything. It is a nice looking car but very cheaply made. My alignment has been fixed now 8 times (and I drive normally just more than most people). The steering wheel has started shaking extremely bad but the no one can seem to tell me why. Because of these reasons, I will not purchase another Mitsubishi.

Exterior, Sound System

Improve your customer service. Improve the interior, the felt material is horrible and the carpet is even worse

Should have read here first
By Nebraska

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Why oh why did I not check here first! This car is a joke; my kids RC car has more power and is in all likelihood more comfortable. For God's sake what is in the console armrest - concrete? Cause there sure as hell is not padding. If, and it is a big "IF" this car had ANY redeeming qualities it would be the mileage, but who cares about mileage at the great expense of power. If you plan on passing anyone, make sure they are either riding a bicycle (and it better not be Lance Armstrong) or they are a little old lady on a motorized cart, other than that, you'll never make it. Had the car for 9-months and I will never get those 9-mos back.

Does the day I got rid of it count as a favorite feature?

Cease and desist production. Or at least put a decent engine in it.

Decent Car
By mike

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my mitsu in 2008 and am very surprised I don't see more of these around. I love the sporty design on the outside especially with the dark gray color looks exactly like a shark. The interior is comfortable and clean looking but some of the interior plastics are cheap. I also don't like the upholstery a kind of felt material that my dogs hair clings too. I find the gas mileage adequate but power is a little low;although through corners it definitely shows a sportier side. The rockford fosgate stereo is awesome as well as the easy to use navigation system. The tires make the car useless in snow because they are summer time ones. Also, starting the car is a little rough in really cold weather

Sporty exterior,and easy to use navigation, as well as the rockford fosgate stereo.

A good pair of all weather tires instead of the standard sport for the 18" tires.Also, replace the upholstery with something more pet friendly and less likely to attract dust and lint.

Could have been perfect!
By Eric

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had the car for 3 years now, this car is like bi-polar to me, it can give me the greatest feelings on the road or just looking at it already creates emotions. It handles nicely looks like a shark and is pretty roomy for its size. What's sad is, it is near perfect but mitsu made cuts in bad areas thinking we would not notice. First thing I notice, rattles came in pretty soon, about a month after purchase they came from the road noise and when I turn the music at near half power speaker grills rattle and doors to. And this is the BASIC sound system not even with the sub-woofer in it. And the paint. Where is it? Oh! I supposed they put in more clear then. Nope! That's not what road hazards say.

I like its stock features, like the 18 inch wheels, skirts and rear wing. Stock seats are comfortable and cabin is roomy. Steering feel is great, the brakes respond nicely and never lack power. The suspension reacts well and gives the car good predictability, the transmission is as good as it gets.

Better Plastics and finish,and why not less plastics.better road noise insulation,More paint and a better clear coat quality. A 6th gear would be nice for hi-way cruising cause engine noise is annoying.

Check insurance price before you buy
By Tony

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We bought this car for my 16 year old son thinking it would be a nice car for him to drive back and forth to school. The car looks and drives wonderful, plenty of power and great gas mileage. Our shock was when we went to get it covered with our local insurance agent. The price was outrageous! I now see on the internet, it is right at the top of the list for most expensive cars to insure. Don't make the same mistake we did; Check with your insurance agent first!

Gas mileage is great. Has plenty of power for a 2.0 liter engine. Handles wonderful.

The Yokohama tires are very noisy. Change tread design on the tires or install a different brand to make it a quieter ride.