2008 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:
Great Car
By Rob on 07/23/10 13:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Just bought it about a month ago, I got it with the mud flaps and hood deflector. The hood deflector looks sexy (adds a touch of design at the front while it protects). No stone chips at all from me driving but it did have 2 or 3 at the front from the previous owner who did not put a hood protector or mud flaps on. It is the CVT auto and I don't know why people say it doesn't have enough power, it's plenty and when I switch to the manual sports mode, it goes well enough. Unless you want to race with this car, it's gonna cut it, plenty. It has more power than my old 96 civic which still had a lot of HP left. The paint job, might be a little fragile but it should technically hold out.

Never again
By PJ on 05/04/10 15:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The most uncomfortable and most underpowered vehicle I have ever owned. Center console might as well be a concrete block. Paint quality is ridiculously poor; and need we even discuss engine power? Or rather lack thereof. While the mileage of the V4 is nice; having a V6 would be much better. Hindsight is 20/20 and I should never have bought this vehicle. From about day 5 of ownership I tried to get rid of it. Found some other sucker to buy it; never again will I own a Mitsubishi - stick to televisions.

For those with good taste
By Alfred on 03/28/10 12:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Lancer GTS since late 2007 and it is my first car. I did get it keyed by some ****** dog a month after I bought it (hopefully karma got him). Besides that, this car is excellent. I am in love with the 650-watt sound system it has and its navigation system. As for the paint, It has chipping and scratches over the front bumper but that's because I live in the northeast. I have had no mechanical problems so far which is a testament to Mitsubishi's renewed oath to quality. I would recommend getting aftermarket performance parts to beef it up. I think that the 5-speed manual is better since the automatic does not exploit all of the engine's power. No rust so far ha!

Good riddance
By LVnative on 03/09/10 15:53 PM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Could not be happier its gone! The most underpowered vehicle I have ever owned; might as well mow the lawn. This car is a joke; would not buy again; would not recommend to anyone; STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR. Getting rid of this car was the best thing I did! Not comfortable, VERY underpowered!

Glad it's GONE
By HK416 on 12/31/09 10:37 AM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Glad my Lancer is gone & someone elses problem. Would not buy one, would not recommend one, will never own one again. Extremely under-powered, not comfortable, cheaply build. The only redeeming factor with this car is the fuel mileage, other than that - stay away from these. Heaven forbid you have to use the A/C because the A/C will use 3 of the 4 gerbils powering this car. Had mine less than 18 months; and oh so happy it is gone.

I love my Lancer!!
By sweetheartkillz on 11/02/09 14:03 PM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost a year now. I drove my pile of junk 2007 G6 all the down from NW Iowa to Kansas City to get this car. I love it!! I've had no problems except some jerk keyed it. : ( My brother ran his car along the side of it, but that's been fixed. It's sleek, sexy, faster than my Bf's Mustang. I agree a 6th gear would be nice but that's the only thing! If you want a quiet car, buy the automatic. Manuals are naturally louder. I haven't added anything to this car, yet. Also has awesome speakers. And as for the rattling in the door that's only from the junk you have in there, if you take all the CD's and stuff out it stops. Mine is black by the way. No paint chipping.

Very much underestimated
By FMF DOC on 06/29/09 14:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am in the military in the middle of nowhere, so I get a whole lot of highway miles. However, I am from Chicago so I am very much a city driver. The GTS fulfills my needs. My only after market modification is a K&N cold air, and my GTS is superb. Handling is definitely sharp, brakes and safety are more than what you can ask for. Lacks a bit of top end speed but with the right shifting you can overcome more than you think.

Love my 08 Lancer!!!
By Aaron on 06/20/09 10:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my lancer for 2 years now and I work at a GM dealership believe it or not. I love my lancer. I was surprised to see all the problems that people were having with paint chipping and noise in the cabin as I have not experienced any of these. I have the GTS with AWD and it handles absolutely beautiful on the snow here in upstate New York. I'm going to keep this car till it hits 200-300k. In the meantime I am buying a 2010 Camaro for a toy.

Good car
By Shane on 06/14/09 02:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Loved this car, I have the ES. Nice cheap car to get you around. Have taken it to Dallas and back a few times which is about 4.5 hours away from me. Loved driving it every mile of the way. Haven't had any problems with it at all yet. The engine doesn't feel that luckluster for a tiny 4 cylinder which is good. Car is amazingly sharp when just putting tint on the windows and giving it a good wash. A real looker. Gas mileage is awesome, I drive the highway to work and back and get around 33mpg when I don't use the a/c. Very very nice car, I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't have kids. Backseat is a little small.

Affordable fun!
By Ssikpiyelnats on 05/07/09 12:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the 08 Lancer ES with the sun and sound package for a year now. I've found it extremely enjoyable. I added a K+N air filter, and an axle back Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, and noticed a performance increase and MPG increase immediately. The sound system is great, gives a nice rounded sound without being overbearing. The transmission is smooth, and the car can be tossed around with relative ease. I love the interior design, there's beauty in simplicity. Everything is integrated into the dash, making it flow wonderfully. The only complaint I have is that after a year, the padding used on the rear dash to deaden rattles has worn out, causing vibrations with the music. Annoying.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.