Used 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

The Lancer is Fun to Drive!
By Terrynconnct01

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

The Lancer met all expectations; (except no leather), great fuel economy, some of the highest emission standards, great handling, especially for New England roads.

The CVT is fun to use. The navigation and sound system are great. The blue tooth voice activated telephone system is a great safety feature.

Add leather with heated seats and you've got me sold for life!

Excellent bang for the buck!
By Jimmy

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is a fully juiced GTS! For the tech-toys that come along with it, this car is a no-brainer. Having read many reviews in advance, I was concerned about the lack of power, but after test-driving the car, I found that it had all I needed. Anymore (i.e., Ralliart or Evo) would just get me into trouble. If you are more concerned with excellent looks and cutting-edge tech goodies at a great price, you cannot beat this car.

High tech toys, exterior styling, smooth CVT.

An iPod connection for touch screen interface, less buzzy engine and engine noise.

Great car for the Price
By mbcowboy

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Great driving car, starts well in -30- 40C temps. Warms up quickly without much pre-warming. The CVT is great, has the power that i need. Has a lot of features for the price compared to other vehicles. I had compared different sub-compacts for price and driving quality and the Lancer was still the best.

Lots of room, can not beleive that its a sub-compact and yet is categorized as one. Love the heated seats and side mirrors.

Improve the mileage, was hoping for better, but this is winter and not the best time to judge gas mileage.

Mitsu got it right!
By koolcisco

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Test drove the Mazda 3, Civic Ex and the lancer by far the Lancer was a funner ride and beats the others in styling and buck for the money. I bought the Lancer Es Manual Tech and Appearance pkg it was just funner than the CVT even with those cool paddle shifters. So far the car's been great sure we all want more power but for the money I think its pretty peppy of course low end torque could get more work but satisfied overall. Can't wait for all the upgrades since its the same engine as the Evo yay!

Fast Key is great, Bluetooth, pretty good sound for the money (have the six speaker upgrade).

Interior material quality is good but could be better to match the near perfect exterior styling, center armrest is a little low for my taste

Great value for money, best kept secret!
By geobraun

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has to be the best kept secret in america. I bought the GTS with manual trans. This car has the looks and prestige of an Acura TL for many many thousands less, 650 watt stereo, 30 gig hard drive to store cds, navigation that is able to play DVDs! This is my third Mitsubishi vehicle, one of which I retired after 328,000 miles!

30 gig hard drive, navigation, music center

If I had to search for something, I would say more ponies, but they are alredy responding with more hp in 09, even more hp in Ralliart & Evo!