Used 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

A Fun car to drive
By wranglerman59

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased new in Sept. 06, after shopping all the others, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc... we picked the Lancer. There is plenty of room for the driver, I'm 6'4". Will carry 4 adults and luggage. Handles great, good performance, for a 4 dr sedan. Very comfortable for short or long drives (took a 7 day 4k mile trip) gets 25-30 mpg around town and 29-36 hwy. have over 98k miles and still runs great, with only oil changes, tires and timing belt replaced, still has factory brakes! one of the best if not the best car I have every owned/driven (have owned 36 cars/trucks)

Smooth ride, quiet and very responsive handling.

would like to have seen a 5 or 6 speed automatic and better mpg. but can't complain for the money a great car!

Love my Lancer 3
By Tim

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

As of October 2010 with over 55,000 miles still loving my 2006 Lancer SE. I had to get new tires at 50,000 miles and the brakes are about due for service (at 58,000 miles!!). I used to tell people my 1993 Honda Civic was the best car I ever owned, but I think my Lancer has beat it. Nothing but regular maintenance after 55,000 miles and 4 years, incredible!

Comfortable interior, handling.

More horsepower, better mileage.* *( this is more a reflection of the industry in general, than Mitsubishi Motors) The '93 Civic referenced above got over 40 mpg highway, 36 mpg city, whereas my Lancer tops out At 34 mpg highway. Still love it!!

Worth every penny
By Jhwk

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Lancer bought brand new from a dealer. I've had it for 4 years and the car is worth every penny I paid for it. Very economical, high clearance (yes, you can park close to the curb and not break the bumper!), decent trunk for the size, quality build vehicle. What I don't like is noise at high speeds and not the best MPs in its class(probably because of high clearance) - I was averaging 28/31 (EPA 28/34), tight pedal compartment, long working diapason of the clutch.

Easy on my wallet, high ground clearance, comfy seats

shorter clutch, more precise shifter, more foot space for the driver.

Amazing
By Sebastien

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I used to have a 2003 oz rally and I decided to change it for 2006 ralliart. I completely fell in love with this car when I test drove it. I bought it with low profile wide tires and it is incredible how I could turn corners at high speed. The acceleration is pretty good. I got it up to 220km/h without any problems. If you are looking for a fun to drive or a useful car don't look anywhere else the 2006 ralliart has what you need.

What I like about this car is that it is really easy to modify. You can find parts everywhere and not too expensive.

Like a couple have said, a 6th gear for highways (120km/h = 3000rpm).

Very pleased
By Sarah

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a perfect daily driver. Fuel consumption is actually fairly decent, I average 26-33 mpg. It's a perfectly comfortable drive, even with 4 people in the car. Although somewhat boring (it's just THAT easy to drive--almost drives itself!), I still like my little Lancer. I haven't had a single problem.

I love how it handles and corners, and it's really easy to drive. I also love the body of the car; it's quite attractive and subtle.

Somewhat weak on the acceleration, but holds its speed and is very steady. And throw out the floor mats - they are a safety issue (they will bunch up under the pedals). The trunk is a little small, but it does groceries and luggage just fine.