2006 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:
A Fun car to drive
By wranglerman59 on 02/21/12 22:20 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased new in Sept. 06, after shopping all the others, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc... we picked the Lancer. There is plenty of room for the driver, I'm 6'4". Will carry 4 adults and luggage. Handles great, good performance, for a 4 dr sedan. Very comfortable for short or long drives (took a 7 day 4k mile trip) gets 25-30 mpg around town and 29-36 hwy. have over 98k miles and still runs great, with only oil changes, tires and timing belt replaced, still has factory brakes! one of the best if not the best car I have every owned/driven (have owned 36 cars/trucks)

Love my Lancer 3
By Tim on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

As of October 2010 with over 55,000 miles still loving my 2006 Lancer SE. I had to get new tires at 50,000 miles and the brakes are about due for service (at 58,000 miles!!). I used to tell people my 1993 Honda Civic was the best car I ever owned, but I think my Lancer has beat it. Nothing but regular maintenance after 55,000 miles and 4 years, incredible!

Worth every penny
By Jhwk on 07/14/10 14:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Lancer bought brand new from a dealer. I've had it for 4 years and the car is worth every penny I paid for it. Very economical, high clearance (yes, you can park close to the curb and not break the bumper!), decent trunk for the size, quality build vehicle. What I don't like is noise at high speeds and not the best MPs in its class(probably because of high clearance) - I was averaging 28/31 (EPA 28/34), tight pedal compartment, long working diapason of the clutch.

Amazing
By Sebastien on 10/29/09 06:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I used to have a 2003 oz rally and I decided to change it for 2006 ralliart. I completely fell in love with this car when I test drove it. I bought it with low profile wide tires and it is incredible how I could turn corners at high speed. The acceleration is pretty good. I got it up to 220km/h without any problems. If you are looking for a fun to drive or a useful car don't look anywhere else the 2006 ralliart has what you need.

Very pleased
By Sarah on 05/07/09 09:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a perfect daily driver. Fuel consumption is actually fairly decent, I average 26-33 mpg. It's a perfectly comfortable drive, even with 4 people in the car. Although somewhat boring (it's just THAT easy to drive--almost drives itself!), I still like my little Lancer. I haven't had a single problem.

Expected beter fuel consumption
By leo on 03/16/09 08:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Very good handling, good finish like the interior and outside design very good reliability never been in shop, but fuel consumption really not what I expected for a car of this size - really thirsty.

Love my lancer 2
By Tim on 06/01/08 22:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 25,000 miles I had to update my review of my 2006 Lancer SE. Still love it! After reading reviews of Honda Fit and Kia Rio5 (by the way my first choices), reviews cite poor mileage (well below EPA estimates), and some quality issues with the Kia. My Lancer is still running strong, I've done nothing but regular maintenance, and even though I was originally disappointed with the mileage, after further research it looks good (above average). My Mitsubishi has been very reliable

Only Lancer better would be the EVO
By cmcoggon on 12/17/07 20:30 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I didn't want to get another Lancer as my wife has an '03 OZ, but I was swayed once I test drove it. It powered into traffic without effort. I was pushed into my seat by unexpected torque. I was sold at that point. The frills (sunroof and Infinity sound system) were just the proverbial icing on the cake.

Great Car for the Money!
By telkbear on 08/23/07 14:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have been very happy with Mitsubishi products in the past, so we thought it would be a good move to get another. I am glad we have! Lancer ES has surprisingly good power to get on and off the interstate when needed, and it is very easy on gas! Visibility is great with all of the large windows. The cooling/heating seems to be a good balance for the entire car. A smart buy!

Excellent Choice!
By Rafael on 06/09/07 09:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love Mitsubishi cars. My previous car was a 98 Mirage (original owner). I had that car for 9 years and 135k miles and never left me stranded. Awesome little car. I traded in for a new Lancer SE and I couldn't be happier. The Lancer SE has everything i could ask for. The car is so comfortable. Engine is quiet and refined. Fuel economy is good for the class. Fit and finish is excellent. Stereo sounds great. Sun roof and power everything seals the deal for me! I highly recommend the Lancer to anybody looking for a compact car with lots of room and excellent reliability.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.