2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:
Good car but fuel economy problem
By Jen on 05/29/05 16:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

That car is very nice, smooth to drive, and perfect for young people. It is fun to drive anywhere and show off the color yellow.

Awesome Little Go Getter
By Chris from Tacoma on 05/26/05 00:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the car for 5 months with no problems at all. The interior is great and the paint is really nice for the compact car segment. It's definately not a burner but I got it for the amazing warranty and the gas mileage (which has been improving ever since I got it). Great little car (with a HUGE backseat). Awesome features, I got my fully loaded ES with A/T for $14,200 out the door.

Lancer Ralliart
By eric on 05/23/05 17:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have to say that I really enjoy driving this car! I went into the dealership to get my Eclipse's dashboard fixed, and while waiting I just started browsing the Lancer's and decided to take one for a test drive. What a difference between the Lancer and my Eclipse (GS 2000). The Ralliart has a nice stiff suspension that feels great going into curves, as well as the steering feels extremely direct. The car also feels very peppy and light and the view the driver's seat makes driving in any traffic very easy. Factor in those Japanese seats that hold you in and it's a great experience.

nice
By PittPA on 05/23/05 00:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car...ever. It's great. Fun to drive on the back roads and economical. The stock stereo is great too. Manual tranny is pretty good, sometimes sloppy. This is a worthwhile vehicle for someone starting out in life after college or a cheap, fun 2nd car.

Handles like a charm
By James on 05/20/05 08:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just got my Lancer Ralliart last month and the handling is great. As for the performance stock my friends Spec V can take it but with a little money all he can see is my clear tail lights. This car is great around turns and rides smooth. The all around performance and handling is great for this FWD Sedan. You must drive it to understand.

Good Car Build Quality
By Brillaint on 04/15/05 18:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a Lancer ES (Auto) for a good deal with Mitsubishi’s standard 100K Powertrain & 60K bumper to bumper warranty. Before buying this one I checked Corolla and Sentra then I decided to buy Lancer. Because for lesser money it got more equipment like key less entry, power windows etc. Fit and finish also really good and it comes with worry free warranty. I had 5 years of Civic and I have an Accord also. Still most of the luxury Japanese cars got the final build in Japan like Infiniti, Lexus or Acura. Other than luxury cars I believe Lancer is the only compact car build in Japan and that show its finish and build quality.

Mitsubishi... I love you.
By LeAnna on 03/01/05 01:19 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I could not understand buying this car in anything but manual. It allows you to get every ounce of power out of the 120 hp engine. The OZ, spec wise, is just a base Evo so it is great for a tuner car. For all ages looking for something peppy and sporty without having to compromise comfort. This car has provided enough room to fit two 6' adult males in the back comfortably for a road trip. Turning radius: this car can turn circles without the inside tire leaving it's place. Performance is definitely a 10 for the power out of the small engine and the great handling and soundness on the road. Fairly quiet drive.

RZ's OZRally Review
By ROBERT ZIEGLER on 02/28/05 13:36 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Comfortable on long trips and great fuel mileage. Headroom is very good. Sound system much better than expected. Excellent air conditioning.

cheap and fun
By james on 02/20/05 12:57 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just traded in a Pontiac Grand Am for my '05 Lancer ES two weeks ago. The Lancer is such a better car. I like the look and the engine is peppy for only 120 hp. The MPG has been far better then my Grand AM wich was also a 4-cyl. engine but doesn't feel like I'm sacrificing power even though the lancer does have less then the Grand Am. Excellent warranty and 3 years free scheduled maintenence helped sell me on the car.

Best Backed Car
By Roberto on 02/16/05 14:06 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Clutch assembly failed at 10,700 miles dealer and Mitsubishi say racing/abused clutch not a warranty item pay out of your pocket. Dealer even said I race my car with 3 baby seats in the back. HAHA Buyer beware of Mitsubishi clutch. Once again they are "Best backed cars in the world!" - Not.