Used 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

My Lancer OZ
By Brad

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The only problem I have had with my Lancer now at 15,000 miles is that there's no aftermarket following for these cars. It will be very difficult to try to customise your Lancer and you WILL pay for your individualty. As is, it is an excellent car for the money. But if you're looking for a tuner car go ahead and move on or at least consider the Ralliart version.

Favorite Features

The interior is impressive and the Infinity sound system is the best stock system I've heard from a small car.

Suggested Improvements

Improvements would be headers and rear disc brakes for the OZ Rally package (at least an option). Also, re-do the intake and exhaust (headers back; but leave the cat or you will throw a light) and you will be much happier with your Lancer.

Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart fan
By Illini Ed

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE my new Ralliart. I've only had it a week but it might already be my favroite car (and I've had at least 15 cars in the thirty years I've been driving). I purchased a new 2005 model in March 2006 with 60 miles on it. It is an auto transmission, Lightning Yellow with Rally pkg, Sun & Sound pkg, and dealer- installed Sirius radio and side air deflectors. The 2.4 MIVEC engine is FANTASTIC! It's silky smooth, gives immediate power on demand and gets good mileage . I'm already getting the EPA mileage and the engine isn't broken in yet! The exhaust note is a sexy growl when accelerating but nearly silent at idle.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, handling, interior room, styling, ride, 315 watt audio, white- faced gauges, and a price to value ratio can't be beat.

Suggested Improvements

Only minor details - add trunk release on keyless remote, add compass and outside temp.

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer
By Defero

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After careful consideration against other manufacturers, I chose the Lancer and I must say I'm extrememly pleased. It gets great gas mileage (as long as you dont go crazy), and is very peppy for 120 hp. I bought the manual to fully capitalize on power, good decision. It has excellent performance around corners, and is suprisingly quiet on the highway. Also, what took me buy suprise was the space in the cabin. I've had six full grown individuals in my car and everyone was comfortable. I have the convenience package, cruise control, power everything, and its definitely worth the money, I do a lot of highway driving.

Favorite Features

Power everything, cruise control, keyless entry, responsive steering, and manual tranny.

Suggested Improvements

Give it optional or standard ABS and better OEM brakes (they get hot at high speeds).

Great Car
By Jasidus

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is an absolute blast to drive. It performs pretty well, one of the best in its class. The engine is very good with lots of torque. The handling and suspension give this car a very sporty feel. The quality and design of the interior are also very good. It was sort of an impulse buy, but I have no regrets.

Favorite Features

The engine; 2.4L MIVEC, 162hp, & 162tq. The overall quality is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Add a 6th gear, it revs pretty high on the highway. Fix the ugly headlights. HID lights like JDM models would be good too.

Love This Car
By Jole

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Since 2002 I was driving an OZ verzion of the Lancer and I was not aware of what I was missing until I took the Ralliart for a test drive. This car is priced way under it's value. The drive is pure luxury with a touch of performance. I had to buy it even though I did not need a new one. It was hard to beleive what improvements Mitsubishi made with this car. Some of the improvements include: a sunroof, 320 watt Infinity sound system, short shifter, 16" wheels, rear discs brakes, ABS, a suspension that is out of this world, the MIVEC engine, fog lights, a super-sounding Muffler, a Rrlly trunk net, and sport seats. There are cars out there which are selling for $15,000 more and are still a great buy, but this car will perform better.

Favorite Features

All features flow into one exciting drive. What a Car!

Suggested Improvements

The headlights are plain ugly. it needs sixth gear (or seventh).