2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:
My Lancer OZ
By Brad on 07/04/06 19:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The only problem I have had with my Lancer now at 15,000 miles is that there's no aftermarket following for these cars. It will be very difficult to try to customise your Lancer and you WILL pay for your individualty. As is, it is an excellent car for the money. But if you're looking for a tuner car go ahead and move on or at least consider the Ralliart version.

Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart fan
By Illini Ed on 03/16/06 15:38 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE my new Ralliart. I've only had it a week but it might already be my favroite car (and I've had at least 15 cars in the thirty years I've been driving). I purchased a new 2005 model in March 2006 with 60 miles on it. It is an auto transmission, Lightning Yellow with Rally pkg, Sun & Sound pkg, and dealer- installed Sirius radio and side air deflectors. The 2.4 MIVEC engine is FANTASTIC! It's silky smooth, gives immediate power on demand and gets good mileage . I'm already getting the EPA mileage and the engine isn't broken in yet! The exhaust note is a sexy growl when accelerating but nearly silent at idle.

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer
By Defero on 03/13/06 13:49 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After careful consideration against other manufacturers, I chose the Lancer and I must say I'm extrememly pleased. It gets great gas mileage (as long as you dont go crazy), and is very peppy for 120 hp. I bought the manual to fully capitalize on power, good decision. It has excellent performance around corners, and is suprisingly quiet on the highway. Also, what took me buy suprise was the space in the cabin. I've had six full grown individuals in my car and everyone was comfortable. I have the convenience package, cruise control, power everything, and its definitely worth the money, I do a lot of highway driving.

Great Car
By Jasidus on 11/02/05 19:40 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is an absolute blast to drive. It performs pretty well, one of the best in its class. The engine is very good with lots of torque. The handling and suspension give this car a very sporty feel. The quality and design of the interior are also very good. It was sort of an impulse buy, but I have no regrets.

Love This Car
By Jole on 09/15/05 21:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Since 2002 I was driving an OZ verzion of the Lancer and I was not aware of what I was missing until I took the Ralliart for a test drive. This car is priced way under it's value. The drive is pure luxury with a touch of performance. I had to buy it even though I did not need a new one. It was hard to beleive what improvements Mitsubishi made with this car. Some of the improvements include: a sunroof, 320 watt Infinity sound system, short shifter, 16" wheels, rear discs brakes, ABS, a suspension that is out of this world, the MIVEC engine, fog lights, a super-sounding Muffler, a Rrlly trunk net, and sport seats. There are cars out there which are selling for $15,000 more and are still a great buy, but this car will perform better.

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer
By Chr15 on 09/10/05 05:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Take the 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer to dirt, and turn the wheel all the way and hit reverse, woo is that fun! dont worry about moving much cause your making unbelievable turns. it would be better if you got one with all the features needed and security requried ABS is not standard, but a CD player is? I like the full grill as opposed to the two quarter size slotts. The clips installed on the inside panels are perfect for power wire for trunk thumpers. This is the only car I've had where the seat didn't have to be all the way back to reach the pedals sufficiently and comfortably. I wish I would have gotten the Ralliart model though. The factory brakes seem to decipate too soon.

Best Value in its Class
By Dante on 09/07/05 15:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been fantastic. Mine has 4,000 miles so far, no problems, firm supportive seats are great on my back. I am averaging 29 mpg with air running constantly here in AZ. Don't believe the hype over Honda or Toyota. I test drove Civic and Carolla and the Lancer blows them away as far as seat comfort, ride comfort, torque off the line power, and standard features, all for thousands less. Get an ES with the convenience package. It gives you everything you need, power everthing, AT, cruise, all for $14,000!

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer
By Tom Pounds on 08/02/05 14:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My girlfriend has a 2003 Lancer and had no problems with excellent reliability. So I bought my 2005 and now I am very happy.

Needs more ponies
By Lane on 07/03/05 04:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my car brand new with 7 miles on it 3 of which I put on during a test drive. I just wish it came with more stock hosepower. I have a DMT racing muffler which I got a ticket for so that helps a little. It handles awsome and is just a sweet ride.

Decent import
By JMarsh on 06/11/05 23:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, the OZ edition is a good buy. No one would be dissatisfied by the features. Mileage is decent and the car is plain fun. Plus I haven't yet seen another just like mine on the road anywhere I've been. The audio is weak, but replacing the head unit makes for a decent system. The car is also highly modifyable, though nearly every possible change voids the warranty. By the way, the 10 year warranty is solid.