2005 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:
Excellent car for price
By lotte311 on 12/28/12 06:56 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car in 2005 with 12000 miles on it. I am now crossing the150k mark. I have not had any major issues. I have performed all recommended maitaince. The only major repair so fair was a LF inner wheel which was done last year at 125K miles. I am now routinely making 1200 mile round trips to another state and this car powers through the drive. Pretty good for it's value, not the prettiest car on the road but if you are looking for good value for your money then this is it. I still get an average of 25 miles in town. On my last trip out of state I did 30miles/gallon on highways.

Great car!
By jooey on 02/27/11 21:16 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 1yr after it came out and it only had 12miles on it. I've had it for 6yrs now and never had a problem with it. (During those 6yrs my spouse went through 2 cars). It is the most reliable car ever. Just keep up with regular maintenance and you should have no problems.

Best Value in its Class
By Dante on 09/07/05 15:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been fantastic. Mine has 4,000 miles so far, no problems, firm supportive seats are great on my back. I am averaging 29 mpg with air running constantly here in AZ. Don't believe the hype over Honda or Toyota. I test drove Civic and Carolla and the Lancer blows them away as far as seat comfort, ride comfort, torque off the line power, and standard features, all for thousands less. Get an ES with the convenience package. It gives you everything you need, power everthing, AT, cruise, all for $14,000!

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer
By Tom Pounds on 08/02/05 14:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My girlfriend has a 2003 Lancer and had no problems with excellent reliability. So I bought my 2005 and now I am very happy.

Awesome Little Go Getter
By Chris from Tacoma on 05/26/05 00:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the car for 5 months with no problems at all. The interior is great and the paint is really nice for the compact car segment. It's definately not a burner but I got it for the amazing warranty and the gas mileage (which has been improving ever since I got it). Great little car (with a HUGE backseat). Awesome features, I got my fully loaded ES with A/T for $14,200 out the door.

Good Car Build Quality
By Brillaint on 04/15/05 18:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a Lancer ES (Auto) for a good deal with Mitsubishi’s standard 100K Powertrain & 60K bumper to bumper warranty. Before buying this one I checked Corolla and Sentra then I decided to buy Lancer. Because for lesser money it got more equipment like key less entry, power windows etc. Fit and finish also really good and it comes with worry free warranty. I had 5 years of Civic and I have an Accord also. Still most of the luxury Japanese cars got the final build in Japan like Infiniti, Lexus or Acura. Other than luxury cars I believe Lancer is the only compact car build in Japan and that show its finish and build quality.

Fun, but economical?
By catfeeder on 12/13/04 03:34 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've put about 4000 miles on my Lancer so far. It was a bit of an impulse buy, but I'm happy and I have no regrets; I'll cover the few things I don't like. After driving stickshifts for years, I decided to go for an automatic. I knew I'd lose some power and efficiency. The car is not particularly fast and I'm OK with that, but for a slow car I'm disappointed with the fuel economy. I expected high 20's or low 30's for MPG; I get low-mid 20's. One other complaint about the automatic is that it's not decisive on its shifts. The shifts are not firm (sort of mushy) and if you mash the pedal down, the car has to think about it a bit longer than I care to wait for the downshift to occur.

awesome car
By davo yoyo on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

i just got car today great sofar.fun to drive very comfortable.very economic recommend it to any one.