Used 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

Excellent car for price
By lotte311

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car in 2005 with 12000 miles on it. I am now crossing the150k mark. I have not had any major issues.
I have performed all recommended maitaince.
The only major repair so fair was a LF inner wheel which was done last year at 125K miles.
I am now routinely making 1200 mile round trips to another state and this car powers through the drive.
Pretty good for it's value, not the prettiest car on the road but if you are looking for good value for your money then this is it.
I still get an average of 25 miles in town.
On my last trip out of state I did 30miles/gallon on highways.

Great car!
By jooey

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 1yr after it came out and it only had 12miles on it. I've had it for 6yrs now and never had a problem with it. (During those 6yrs my spouse went through 2 cars). It is the most reliable car ever. Just keep up with regular maintenance and you should have no problems.

great gas mil, drives smooth, good travel car

Best Value in its Class
By Dante

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been fantastic. Mine has 4,000 miles so far, no problems, firm supportive seats are great on my back. I am averaging 29 mpg with air running constantly here in AZ. Don't believe the hype over Honda or Toyota. I test drove Civic and Carolla and the Lancer blows them away as far as seat comfort, ride comfort, torque off the line power, and standard features, all for thousands less. Get an ES with the convenience package. It gives you everything you need, power everthing, AT, cruise, all for $14,000!

Great seats, loaded with standard features, air blows super cold, cruise control, nice simple interior layout, great price.

Better stock stereo or choice of premium sound on ES models.

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer
By Tom Pounds

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My girlfriend has a 2003 Lancer and had no problems with excellent reliability. So I bought my 2005 and now I am very happy.

Rear wipers, lower speed on AC blower.

Awesome Little Go Getter
By Chris from Tacoma

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the car for 5 months with no problems at all. The interior is great and the paint is really nice for the compact car segment. It's definately not a burner but I got it for the amazing warranty and the gas mileage (which has been improving ever since I got it). Great little car (with a HUGE backseat). Awesome features, I got my fully loaded ES with A/T for $14,200 out the door.

The convinience package is a must, cruise control is the greatest feature available on any car. I love the black wood grain accent on the dash and the large backseat for trucking aroung the friends. Fuel mileage is amazing for an automatic tranny: 36mpg hwy (@70mph) and 28mpg city driving.

A few more horses and leather seats would be nice, but I guess thats why they have the Ralli-Art Edition. Also, 15" rims would have been a nice addition to help out the handling.