Used 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

Most reliable I have ever owned
By Alan

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So here is the deal. I have had a slew of other cars and non of them can match up to the reliability and fuel mileage of this car. I have owned it for about 3 years and I have only had to do the basic maintenance stuff (Brakes, tires etc). I also get 38 MPG at 65 mph on the highway and about 30-32 around town. Not sure why anyone who wants a small car would spend thousands more on a civic or corolla when this car is just as good or better in some regards.

Buyer beware
By BURNTLANCER

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this lancer b/c of fuel economy and style, Mits is a good name (so I thought) & 6 year 60,000 bumper to bumper helped. 6 weeks ago on a normal day with the car only running maybe 5 min as I made a left turn the car just shuts off. Next thing I know the engine is on fire - fire department comes & puts the fire out. Car is still under warranty so I call Mits -- they deny claim with out even looking at the car. They do not stand behind their cars nor do they honor the warranty. I would not buy any car from this company.

gas consumption

honor warranties on cars

Fun lancer
By gevans

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A really fun car to drive with the 5 speed shift. Clutch is light, brakes are great. 36k miles without a problem - normal maintenance only. Warning - Watch out for the hub caps. They scratch easily on curbs. Price tag - over $70 each. Dealer where purchased was great!

The 2008 are great looking. May be trading this one in.

Nice Car for First-time Buyers
By Bhaskar

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first brand new car I ever purchased and I absolutely love it. Even though Mitsubishi is not as popular as a Honda or a Toyota, it still knows how to build a nice car for economy drivers like me.

The good gas mileage and how it has had very few problems.

The car seems to shake a little bit when driving under windy conditions.

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer
By Defero

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After careful consideration against other manufacturers, I chose the Lancer and I must say I'm extrememly pleased. It gets great gas mileage (as long as you dont go crazy), and is very peppy for 120 hp. I bought the manual to fully capitalize on power, good decision. It has excellent performance around corners, and is suprisingly quiet on the highway. Also, what took me buy suprise was the space in the cabin. I've had six full grown individuals in my car and everyone was comfortable. I have the convenience package, cruise control, power everything, and its definitely worth the money, I do a lot of highway driving.

Power everything, cruise control, keyless entry, responsive steering, and manual tranny.

Give it optional or standard ABS and better OEM brakes (they get hot at high speeds).