2005 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:
Most reliable I have ever owned
By Alan on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So here is the deal. I have had a slew of other cars and non of them can match up to the reliability and fuel mileage of this car. I have owned it for about 3 years and I have only had to do the basic maintenance stuff (Brakes, tires etc). I also get 38 MPG at 65 mph on the highway and about 30-32 around town. Not sure why anyone who wants a small car would spend thousands more on a civic or corolla when this car is just as good or better in some regards.

Buyer beware
By BURNTLANCER on 04/01/09 07:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this lancer b/c of fuel economy and style, Mits is a good name (so I thought) & 6 year 60,000 bumper to bumper helped. 6 weeks ago on a normal day with the car only running maybe 5 min as I made a left turn the car just shuts off. Next thing I know the engine is on fire - fire department comes & puts the fire out. Car is still under warranty so I call Mits -- they deny claim with out even looking at the car. They do not stand behind their cars nor do they honor the warranty. I would not buy any car from this company.

Fun lancer
By gevans on 06/15/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A really fun car to drive with the 5 speed shift. Clutch is light, brakes are great. 36k miles without a problem - normal maintenance only. Warning - Watch out for the hub caps. They scratch easily on curbs. Price tag - over $70 each. Dealer where purchased was great!

Nice Car for First-time Buyers
By Bhaskar on 11/29/06 09:46 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first brand new car I ever purchased and I absolutely love it. Even though Mitsubishi is not as popular as a Honda or a Toyota, it still knows how to build a nice car for economy drivers like me.

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer
By Defero on 03/13/06 13:49 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After careful consideration against other manufacturers, I chose the Lancer and I must say I'm extrememly pleased. It gets great gas mileage (as long as you dont go crazy), and is very peppy for 120 hp. I bought the manual to fully capitalize on power, good decision. It has excellent performance around corners, and is suprisingly quiet on the highway. Also, what took me buy suprise was the space in the cabin. I've had six full grown individuals in my car and everyone was comfortable. I have the convenience package, cruise control, power everything, and its definitely worth the money, I do a lot of highway driving.

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer
By Chr15 on 09/10/05 05:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Take the 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer to dirt, and turn the wheel all the way and hit reverse, woo is that fun! dont worry about moving much cause your making unbelievable turns. it would be better if you got one with all the features needed and security requried ABS is not standard, but a CD player is? I like the full grill as opposed to the two quarter size slotts. The clips installed on the inside panels are perfect for power wire for trunk thumpers. This is the only car I've had where the seat didn't have to be all the way back to reach the pedals sufficiently and comfortably. I wish I would have gotten the Ralliart model though. The factory brakes seem to decipate too soon.

nice
By PittPA on 05/23/05 00:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car...ever. It's great. Fun to drive on the back roads and economical. The stock stereo is great too. Manual tranny is pretty good, sometimes sloppy. This is a worthwhile vehicle for someone starting out in life after college or a cheap, fun 2nd car.

cheap and fun
By james on 02/20/05 12:57 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just traded in a Pontiac Grand Am for my '05 Lancer ES two weeks ago. The Lancer is such a better car. I like the look and the engine is peppy for only 120 hp. The MPG has been far better then my Grand AM wich was also a 4-cyl. engine but doesn't feel like I'm sacrificing power even though the lancer does have less then the Grand Am. Excellent warranty and 3 years free scheduled maintenence helped sell me on the car.

Best Backed For A Reason
By Karen on 01/15/05 02:44 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Lancer in May of 2004, and my husband and I were in a severe rear end collision on January 7th, 2005 with this car. I owe my life, and the life of my husband AND my unborn child to the safety of this car. We hit a large SUV doing about 40mph. Cars are replaceable, people are not. I cannot imagine the outcome of this accident had we been driving anything else. I HIGHLY recommend the Lancer to anyone who is concerned about car safety. We are already in the process of purchasing our second Lancer. Folks, Mitsubishi means what they say about being the best backed cars in the world. They truly are.