2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:
Excellent car for price
By lotte311 on 12/28/12 06:56 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car in 2005 with 12000 miles on it. I am now crossing the150k mark. I have not had any major issues. I have performed all recommended maitaince. The only major repair so fair was a LF inner wheel which was done last year at 125K miles. I am now routinely making 1200 mile round trips to another state and this car powers through the drive. Pretty good for it's value, not the prettiest car on the road but if you are looking for good value for your money then this is it. I still get an average of 25 miles in town. On my last trip out of state I did 30miles/gallon on highways.

Value value value
By leftysrule22 on 04/09/12 13:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Ralliart since January of 2005. I am about to cross the 90k mile marker, and I can honestly say every single mile has been a blast. You wont find a comparable 2005 of any make that can touch the value of this car. Other comparable cars have higher peak hp numbers (only slightly higher too), but cant match the ralliart torque. What other 2005 under $20k can do a standing burnout without bouncing off the rev limiter? What other car comes from the FACTORY with an upper suspension brace?

Great car!
By jooey on 02/27/11 21:16 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 1yr after it came out and it only had 12miles on it. I've had it for 6yrs now and never had a problem with it. (During those 6yrs my spouse went through 2 cars). It is the most reliable car ever. Just keep up with regular maintenance and you should have no problems.

Most reliable I have ever owned
By Alan on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So here is the deal. I have had a slew of other cars and non of them can match up to the reliability and fuel mileage of this car. I have owned it for about 3 years and I have only had to do the basic maintenance stuff (Brakes, tires etc). I also get 38 MPG at 65 mph on the highway and about 30-32 around town. Not sure why anyone who wants a small car would spend thousands more on a civic or corolla when this car is just as good or better in some regards.

Great car, bad company
By s1n15ter1 on 03/21/10 01:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new for myself, drove the wheels off and enjoyed this car completely. It had a 10 year 100k mile warranty that was rather reassuring but when the motor blew, Mitsubishi refused to honor the warranty. I will never again purchase anything Mitsubishi and I advise all to heed this caveat.

Great, Fun to Drive & Reliable Ralliart
By bambamp3 on 06/17/09 10:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used, as I had a limited budget. The dealer was selling it below kbb value and the carfax was clean, so I wanted to see why. I test-drove it and didn't want to let it go. Everything was clean inside, and was in excellent working condition. The car is very strong, you won't even notice that you're doing 70-80 already unless you look at the speedometer. The shifter is sweet! Short throw and a perfect match to the engine. I also liked the exhaust note. The former owner of the car customized the sound system of the car, so that was an added bonus too. I am planning on keeping this car until it's at least 10 years old already. I am totally happy with this car!

Buyer beware
By BURNTLANCER on 04/01/09 07:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this lancer b/c of fuel economy and style, Mits is a good name (so I thought) & 6 year 60,000 bumper to bumper helped. 6 weeks ago on a normal day with the car only running maybe 5 min as I made a left turn the car just shuts off. Next thing I know the engine is on fire - fire department comes & puts the fire out. Car is still under warranty so I call Mits -- they deny claim with out even looking at the car. They do not stand behind their cars nor do they honor the warranty. I would not buy any car from this company.

Fun lancer
By gevans on 06/15/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A really fun car to drive with the 5 speed shift. Clutch is light, brakes are great. 36k miles without a problem - normal maintenance only. Warning - Watch out for the hub caps. They scratch easily on curbs. Price tag - over $70 each. Dealer where purchased was great!

Nice Car for First-time Buyers
By Bhaskar on 11/29/06 09:46 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first brand new car I ever purchased and I absolutely love it. Even though Mitsubishi is not as popular as a Honda or a Toyota, it still knows how to build a nice car for economy drivers like me.

Fun and Pratical
By JVan on 11/14/06 21:12 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is practical and sporty. The four doors are nice to have, I have no problem taking four friends anywhere. I have had it for two years now and haven't had a single problem yet. Its gas mileage isn't even that bad, with about 24 mpg in the city. It handles pretty well with upgraded tires. I don't like how high the RPM's are at highway speed, 3,000 at about 100km/h.