2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:
2004 Lancer Raliart 5-speed manual
By rbenram on 05/09/14 19:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for over a year, I'm the third owner, this is my first car and i love it. for me there is nothing else to trust than a Mitsubishi. This type of car has to be keep forever. Sometimes they give problems but they are worth it. I replaced the clutch after a good time taking the hell out it. I also had change starter, clutch slave cylinder but those are things that get old, no worries.

04 Lancer RA
By darkprojex on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car on Aug. 2008 at 74,000 mi, now 86,000 mi at Ultimate Rides in Appleton, WI. 1 owner vehicle. Worst service ever. A salesman tells me to get out after testing two cars, had a argument with him and their manager and will never buy another car from there again, period. I love the power in this car but after a while the car starts squeaking. Replaced front sway links and tie end rods then later, rear sway links, struts, and bushings. Parts that were used to replace were practically junk. Just recently replaced brake pads and now the car starts rattling by wheels. Brakes were bled and installed correctly though.

The cheaper evo
By the man colin morgan on 05/21/10 05:06 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the only Lancer in the out of all trim to have a 2.4 L engine displacement. Not even the evo is packed that tight. The engine is out of one of Mitsubishi's SUVs and is a tough cookie to crack although it has evo parts it front wheel drive. I have mine fitted with a magnaflow performance 2.25 inch exhaust tail turbo, waist gate, blow off and piping with a custom intake. Rrm cold air intake and intercooler. Tien BASIC coil overs. Irotors performance brakes and rotors. This car although not handling as good as an evo has potential to be quicker in a quarter mile. It very responsive and I would recommend it to anyone with a hope to race

Needed a Used Car
By Driver on 11/13/09 21:53 PM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned over 40 cars in my lifetime. The current economy forced sale of a newer, nicer car for this one. Not a bad car; quick, fun, excellent handling...not bad. I enjoy the very linear "go-kart" handling. Kinda slow off the line and plug ugly. Very plain interior. Nice shifter, outstanding midrange punch for a NA engine, and decent mileage. MIVEC engine provides MUCH more torque than Honda VTECH. Low production numbers make this an exclusive car; but parts and upgrades are hard to find. Evo owners think you're a poser for driving one...until you compare gas and insurance costs. I like this little car - it's a fun, solid everyday driver. Resale stinks, so plan to keep it.

Best Car
By Boston Matt on 08/27/09 23:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Not one bad thing. Got me through college, several million bad nights and its been Driven XC two times from AZ to NH. It is like a child to me, 75,678 miles to this date. Next this thing will be on blocks, waiting for bubble rap. Ralliart made it up to the Car Driver est top speed as well. I am impressed. This is the best car I have ever had and I will NEVER get rid of this car.

poor parts availability
By a stevenson on 09/21/08 15:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

What good is the warranty if you can't get the parts. The air flow sensor went on my car 2000 km out of warranty and the co. refused to assist with cost. To make matters worse I have now been 8 days with no car while we wait for the part to be shipped from the States. Mitsubishi would be the last car I would ever buy. Warranty is all smoke and mirrors. The fact that they have no parts warehouse in Canada shows they can't back there vehicles and care very little about Canadian consumers. This car was a blast to drive but will be for sale if I ever get it back.

Ralliart Rules
By Ralliart on 05/27/08 00:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Ok, this car really is a bang for your buck. Sporty look, handling and low end power with out paying extra. The first time I drove one, I fell in love. Had it for little over 3 years and no complaints so far.

Gonna keep it
By ralifan on 05/20/07 22:11 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car after test driving a Mazda3, and found the Mitsubishi roomier, more fun to drive, and with more comfortable seats. And the color (phoenix red) is as close as I wished. So far, no problems at all. It's still a lot of fun, the engine has plenty of torque just from launch - basically, it can be driven in 4th and 5th in the city, except traffic lights. The Infinity audio is about as much as you can stand in a car (315 watts with subwoofer) and the sound quality is great, though I prefer to listen to the exhaust sound - the best sound I ever heard from a 4 cyl., especially if not revved over 4000 rpm. I haven't tested the new GTS yet, I'd wait for the new Ralliart.

Love it
By Ralliartchik on 04/09/07 22:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have the Ralliart 5 speed and love it. I had to trade in my 2 dr car when I got pregnant and I told my husband that I would only get a 4 dr car if it is 5 speed and sporty. This car fit me perfectly and I love it. If I could afford the Evo I would but this is the next best thing for a reasonable price.

The One to Beat!
By aralliart on 01/24/07 10:53 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Mitsubishi has a superior car in the Lancer Ralliart. The tires should be 17". I had a little rattle in the dash but that was temporary. I have had this car for two years and counting. It is a keeper, unless I trade it in for the all new '08 Ralliart.