Used 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

2004 Lancer Raliart 5-speed manual
By rbenram

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for over a year, I'm the third owner, this is my first car and i love it. for me there is nothing else to trust than a Mitsubishi. This type of car has to be keep forever. Sometimes they give problems but they are worth it. I replaced the clutch after a good time taking the hell out it. I also had change starter, clutch slave cylinder but those are things that get old, no worries.

Favorite Features

One of the best things i love from this car is the stick shift. because only real car lovers drive stick. The gas millage is no the exception, around 28 mpg highway. She is 10 years old but still worth it.

Suggested Improvements

I would say what this type of car needed was a sixth gear and a better sound system because the infinity sound system is like doesn't match with the car.

04 Lancer RA
By darkprojex

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car on Aug. 2008 at 74,000 mi, now 86,000 mi at Ultimate Rides in Appleton, WI. 1 owner vehicle. Worst service ever. A salesman tells me to get out after testing two cars, had a argument with him and their manager and will never buy another car from there again, period. I love the power in this car but after a while the car starts squeaking. Replaced front sway links and tie end rods then later, rear sway links, struts, and bushings. Parts that were used to replace were practically junk. Just recently replaced brake pads and now the car starts rattling by wheels. Brakes were bled and installed correctly though.

Favorite Features

Power at mid-range RPM.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the quality of suspension parts used, since this is suppose to be a rally car.

The cheaper evo
By the man colin morgan

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the only Lancer in the out of all trim to have a 2.4 L engine displacement. Not even the evo is packed that tight. The engine is out of one of Mitsubishi's SUVs and is a tough cookie to crack although it has evo parts it front wheel drive. I have mine fitted with a magnaflow performance 2.25 inch exhaust tail turbo, waist gate, blow off and piping with a custom intake. Rrm cold air intake and intercooler. Tien BASIC coil overs. Irotors performance brakes and rotors. This car although not handling as good as an evo has potential to be quicker in a quarter mile. It very responsive and I would recommend it to anyone with a hope to race

Favorite Features

its tough indestructible engine is probably the most awesome aspect

Suggested Improvements

could use a wider body to tuck tires better in lowering and in roll on tight high speed turns

Needed a Used Car
By Driver

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned over 40 cars in my lifetime. The current economy forced sale of a newer, nicer car for this one. Not a bad car; quick, fun, excellent handling...not bad. I enjoy the very linear "go-kart" handling. Kinda slow off the line and plug ugly. Very plain interior. Nice shifter, outstanding midrange punch for a NA engine, and decent mileage. MIVEC engine provides MUCH more torque than Honda VTECH. Low production numbers make this an exclusive car; but parts and upgrades are hard to find. Evo owners think you're a poser for driving one...until you compare gas and insurance costs. I like this little car - it's a fun, solid everyday driver. Resale stinks, so plan to keep it.

Favorite Features

Midrange punch, slick shifter and bargain pricing. MIVEC is a technical triumph over VTECH. My first Mitsu... and certainly not my last.

Suggested Improvements

Homely, plain interior, and lame resale value. A little more step at launch would be appreciated. Mitsubishi needs to find a way to market their excellent product to sell more units and protect resale value.

Best Car
By Boston Matt

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Not one bad thing. Got me through college, several million bad nights and its been Driven XC two times from AZ to NH. It is like a child to me, 75,678 miles to this date. Next this thing will be on blocks, waiting for bubble rap. Ralliart made it up to the Car Driver est top speed as well. I am impressed. This is the best car I have ever had and I will NEVER get rid of this car.

Favorite Features

Short throw shifter 2.4L. Good Aero dynamics. Tight suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Make 5th gear much deeper.