Used 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

Our first car, great choice!
By Chelsea S

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first car and i believe we made an amazing choice. It's very reliable, especially for being 12 years old.. cant even tell! Its comfy inside. I love how the cup holders dont interfere with gear shift. This car is amazing on gas... amazing!! Gas is about 2.13/gallon. $5 gets us close to a half tank.. amazing. We keep up on oil change. I'm sure the timing belt will need replaced (we are at 109k) We change the oil every 3-4k and shes always running like new! We recently had our first big snow. It had no issue turning on even at 5 degree weather. I will stick with Mitsubishi for all future purchases. I feel blessed to own this car!

Good second car or starter car
By D. Velez

A VERY FUN CAR!
By mp010101

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have now put over 136,000 miles on this car. I drive the hell out of this car and treat it like a work truck, engine is great and one of the best 2.4's that was built during this time. I have kept up with my regular maintenance items (oil changes, brakes, transmission flushes, etc...) and the car has been great. Good acceleration and a responsive gas pedal compared to other cars. I know people with much newer cars in this category (Nissan versa's corollas etc ) and this car is way more fun to drive. Looks like after a 136K miles i will have to change the catalytic converter. My goal is to try to get this car to 200k if it holds up.

Fun to drive!

2004 Lancer Raliart 5-speed manual
By rbenram

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for over a year, I'm the third owner, this is my first car and i love it. for me there is nothing else to trust than a Mitsubishi. This type of car has to be keep
forever. Sometimes they give problems but they are worth it. I replaced the clutch after a good time taking the hell out it. I also had change starter, clutch slave cylinder but those are things that get old, no worries.

One of the best things i love from this car is the stick shift. because only real car lovers drive stick. The gas millage is no the exception, around 28 mpg highway. She is 10 years old but still worth it.

I would say what this type of car needed was a sixth gear and a better sound system because the infinity sound system is like doesn't match with the car.

One of the best cheap Imports to get
By pchiobro

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am currently in high school and this is my first car. I've had it for over a year and with that have driven the hell out of the car. It is an amazing car and can take a beating. I have taken my friends in it across the state many times and it's about to see it's 7th Chicago winter. I'm sure for it's time it was the best "economy car" to have but as the years have past, time hasn't been to gentle with it. You can get a car with better MPG as well as more hp for about the same price but you definitely shouldn't over look this mid 2000's Lancer. It of course has the best body style and is the best gen Lancer Mitsubishi has made. They messed up the newest Lancer/Evo X.

Turning radius (about 2.5 car lanes), Stereo sound s magnificent, Really good weight balancing, Corners pretty well for its size, and it's a good head turner for the price and you'll get more respect for driving this economy car versus every other.

There is a long list.... But the top suggestions (even thought they don't matter anymore) are higher hp, drop the suspension at least another inch, put lower profile tires on it with larger wheels, increase the MPG, give the automatic the 5th gear and give the manual their 6th, and last (as well as probably the most radical idea), make it RWD or AWD.