2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Review: Watch for the heater/air switc

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Review

ES Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Watch for the heater/air switch
By jen on

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I seen a review above me about the heater knob not turning to air conditioning. So I decided to chime in. I had the same issue and so did all 3 of my friends who own the same year lancer. Never on recall and they refused to fix it. 3k was the estimate. I traded it in this year got 2,200 trade because of the knob. It also had issues with the timing belt I had to replace it 2x's under 100k. Transmission started slipping at 90k. Lighted mirror cover broke off. Don't let me deter you. Im sure some of that wear and tear was my fault. Light bulbs burned out quite often watch for water under hood. Drives beautifully in snow. Drove through snow storm, 1 ft deep snow and icy wipers and all.

Style of car, Trunk is huge great for 10" subs, reliable even with all the issues never once stranded, went to nearly 20 camping trips in it, can hold about everything but kitchen sink and not rub tires, wonderful if you have kids (seats sit low, great for car seats)

Fix that knob, please. Light bulbs are hard to get in. Recall on rear seat belts (you pay out of pocket, safety hazard), Mitsubishi = $$$ to fix, resale is horrible on the Lancer ES 4 Door, One little side impact you have issues with tires 4 life of car

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review