2003 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:
Mitsubishi ES Lancer Automatic
By dinh on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Best car for the monney. Better look than CIVIC , TOYOTA, NISSAN

Stay Away
By Lancer Hater on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. At 35,000 miles I already needed a new clutch. At 37,000 miles I needed new brake pads, shocks and struts, a new piston, new timing belt and a new head gasket. Since I am so upside down on the car because of Mitsu's "wonderful" no payments/interest for 1 year, I had no choice but to fix everything totaling over $2200. Do not buy this car!!!! You would be better off driving a Kia.

Thank you for bringing it to the states
By souren on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The lancer is a great car! I think we should have had the car here in the states a long time ago. It out- preforms the civic, sunfire, cavelier, sentra, focus and many other cars in its class. There is a big aftermarket parts market for the lancer!

Lancer OZ
By ron on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

great all around economy car.

8.8
By ryan ward on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

this car is a really fun car to drive, its smooth, quiet,and it handles well. yes the engine is not that fast, but it is not the slowest car out there. the car is stylish and i think that it is diffrent than most of the cars in its class. though the jetta and the mazda 6 are better overall cars, for the money, the lancer is a really good buy.

Mitsubishi Lancer
By Mystery on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer LS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have to tell you that at this time last year, I would have told you I would rather walk than drive in a Mitsubishi. After my truck got broken into, and the rental company gave me this car, I wasnt too thrilled. But after I started it up and drove it for a little while, I started to change my mind. I love this car. As soon as the rest of my money is saved, I am getting the brand new Lancer. The turns in this car is unbelievable. Thank You Mitsubishi!!

Fun and Reliable Commuter
By MitsuMufti on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drove just about every other car in its class (including the far more powerful sports sedans) and was not planning on buying the Lancer. After test-driving the O-Z Rally, however, I was sold. The power was decent, but the ride was incredible. Great handling, comfortable seats and a feel for the road trumped all the reviews I read. I didn't count on the reliability, though. 10 months and 20,000 miles later I've had no problems. Definitely consider the O-Z.

new purchase
By kordic on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Found the Mitsu Lancer superior in terms of performace, and sport handling than my second choice, the Toyota Corolla. So far, the car has performed admirably. I continue to enjoy driving it.

fun small car to drive
By ozzie on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

have not owned my lancer very long. great little car though. i have tinted the windows and added a spoiler to the rear. a very sporty looking car. i travel to and from mesa and albuquerque and i get great mpg. have had no troubles with car.

excellent
By enigma on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i love this car. people should try mitsubishi more.