Used 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

LOVE MY CAR
By DJSTENGER1024

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I HAVE OWNED THIS CAR SINCE JANUARY 2003 AND DRIVE IT TO WORK EVERYDAY. IT GETS AROUND 32MPG. I HAVE ALWAYS OWNED BIG CARS WITH POWER, AND DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A SMALLER CAR, BUT SO FAR I'M NOT DISAPPOINTED. MECHANICALLY, THIS IS AN EXCELLENT AUTOMOBILE. I CURRENTLY HAVE 51,000 MILES ON THE ODOMMETER. I HAVE CHANGED THE OIL EVERY 3,000 MILES AND HAVE SCHEDULED MY FIRST TUNE-UP NEXT WEEK.

Favorite Features

COMFORT AND EASE OF DRIVING. GREAT GAS MILEAGE.

Suggested Improvements

I JUST WISH THE TRANSMISSION HAD O/D, BECAUSE I BELIEVE IT WOULD GET EVEN BETTER GAS MILEAGE THAN IT DOES.

LOVE THIS CAR
By nashvillefisk

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car I got it used and it feels like new no rattles or vibrations just a smooth ride ant plenty of power!!! I just wish I bought it from a diffrent dealer!

Favorite Features

This car seems very well built

GLAD I DID IT
By novbec

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Lancer brand new. I really thought that I wouldnt like it. I LOVE that car. Granted, its' not the fastest car on the block, but it's pretty darn zippy, and I have no problems getting on the highway at a highway speed or faster. I havent had the opportunity to take it to the mountains to see how it does (in colorado).It gets great gas mileage 30-31 mpg combined. I really couldnt ask for anything more for the price except anti-lock brakes. The car comes loaded;powerwindows,locks,cruise,tilt. My car has a/m leather interior which matches the color or the car (yellow and black) and I get a lot of compliments and looks about my car.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

On the key fob, have a trunk release button so you can open trunk remotely. Add anti-lock brakes. Make 17" wheels an option. 15" a tad too small

My Lancer Opinion
By Lancer Lover

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car in March of 2003, I actually traded in my 1999 Honda EX Civic Coupe for it. I fell in love with the Lancer style long before it was released in the US, the body lines are unique, which is what I like. The lancer actually surprised most of my friends with the ability to push you into the seat off the line. It has been reported to have 120 hp, it seems like it has more hp that most cars in its class. I am 6'7" tall and 250 lbs and the lancer is very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

More Power, offer a 2WD version with a turbo.

03 OZ left over- loving it so far
By lowzone

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

just got the car as an 03 Leftover, dealership was OK,salesman was great. Paid 13,425 for a 17k car (plus tax,title,reg). great incentives from Mitsu for leftovers. Great deal over the ES with added options,nicer seating,coloring of interior. Rides great, havent figured out the MPG yet, only 300 miles on the car so far.has enough torque to get onto highways and we havent revved it up past 3500 yet since its so new.

Favorite Features

price,warranty,styling of course. Nice interior design and layout.

Suggested Improvements

more HP, maybe bumped up to 150hp and 16" rims would be nice on the OZ package. Maybe abit lower too, but no more then an inch just enough to close up the wheel well gap abit