Used 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

Good car!
By D.W. Stones

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Lancer's standard equipment is great not cheap and flimsy like in some of the domestic cars I've had. This car is fun to drive and can take the numerous potholes of the roads of PA with out jolting you around like a you're riding in a dryer on four wheels unlike my old Subaru. More than 120 horses would make it a little bit more exciting to drive.

Favorite Features

Its style is a lot better than some of the newer models, it has good handling and gets good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

It needs more power! Make the CD player a little bit less of an eye sore. t jumps out at you from the rest of the dashboard's layout. Also, the black and chrome grill should just be all chrome

Great Little Car
By Mars

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Mitsubishi Lancer since 2/2004 and it's great. My car now has a total of 57,000 miles and still runs like new. The standad features are better than any other compact car's. It has a quiet ride and a great OEM sound system. This car has not given a single problem since I purcahsed it. It gets great gas milage and has execellent performance for a 4-cyl. vehicle.

Favorite Features

I loke how the style of this years model is like a Lancer EVO. It is great on gas.

Suggested Improvements

A little more horse power would be nice.

Well....I guess I like it
By colembaw

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like my Lancer, but I think that it is a little average. The fuel economy is OK, the ride is OK, I don't want to come across as an unsatisfied customer, but I just haven't been blown away by the car. The interior is above average, I like the standard features, but overall I haven't been thrilled with the pick-up or the way that I have been followed up with by the dealership (none). Being a car salesman now, I look back on the experience I had and see how to not sell a customer a car.

Favorite Features

Standard equipment, dashboard layout is cool, and I LOVE the woodgrain finish.

Suggested Improvements

My check engine light has come on sporadically from 20,000 miles to now (30,000). No one can figure out why. Also, the rest of the car is plain, not much oomph in the engine and gas mileage is alright.

I love it!
By lancerchic

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have loved this car from the moment I test drove it. It is a lot of fun to drive, and I love the sporty look. I have taken this car on all kinds of long road trips, and it has never failed me. I like the feeling that I am driving a sporty car, but that I still have 4 doors and room to fit passengers and cargo, as opposed to a 2-door sports car that you can't fit anything in besides the driver. Highly recommended!

Favorite Features

Gauges, styling, and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

more hp, lower about 1", and slightly bigger rims.

Ups and Downs
By John

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Lancer OZ but she has been a headache. Note to drivers: do not get into an accident. After an accident and the car has no value left to it and the problems are irrepairable. It still drives like a dream with 50,000 miles but it has noises like you wouldn't beleive. Horrible in the snow and rain but on nice days, handels and zips like a dream.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, handeling, power, and performance.

Suggested Improvements

ABS, both of my accidents would have been avoided if I had ABS in the car.