2003 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:
Like any other car...
By gnnusa on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

...the Lancer 2003 has its own pluses and minuses. The only two things that make this great car an average car are - power and fuel economy. The display of power especially with auto- tran is abysmal. Fuel economy as compared to Honda Civic or even my old Saturn is poor.

Fun to drive, easy on the wallet
By Dallasfan on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Mitsubishi Lancer is what it is. An inexpensive, comfortable, fun to drive car. The vehicle has an ample, pleasant interior. I have two brother- in-laws over 6 foot tall who say the back seats give them exceptional room. The sound system is excellent and the ride feel is superb. I have cruised along at 90mph with little to no road noise, and no body vibration. This is a solid, reliable car that will get you where your going comfortably, and enjoyably.

Good little car
By Kick Axe on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer LS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Very good ride as well as an acceptable quiet engine.We chose it over the Civic.

not so great of a car
By RallyStyle2003 on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well I have had a bad experience owning this car from day one. No ABS available on this "sportier" model, but the step down does. I got in a serious accident within 3 months because I couldn't stop in time. It would have been plenty of room with ABS though. And horrible dealer treatment from day one. The service manager tells me "hey we don't build the cars, we just service them" and that because my bumper has already faded to an obviously different shade of white, that is normal and the kind of quality product that Mitusbishi produces. The "sales" side has lied to me constantly too. Just horrible.

I love this car
By Mcdonald on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Hi guys i just wanted to let yall know that i love my lancer it was my first car and ill def. get anotherone in a couple of years this is a great car for city traveling. MATT

The Best Car Ever!
By MOONITE on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 12/02. I was so excited to have a brand new car as my first car ever. This car is amazing. Everyone I ran into can't help but admire my beautiful car. I love it. It runs smooth and I get great milage.

great car for price
By sherri on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

grest little car, good for city driving as well as highway. cute design teenagers love it

Stylin'
By guess1885 on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This baby is the ultimate driving machine, especially for young drivers. Its safe, sporty, fun, and gets great milage. I have the yellow OZ and I love the way it gets attention.

So far so good
By NBolay on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving the OZ for 1.5 months now and I am impressed. I've yet to achieve the suggested fuel economy, but I drive at high revs. and have a rooftop bike-rack (lots of drag). Space is accomodating, style works great for me, and handling is well above average. Two 400mile road trips so far and still feels like new. Last attempt was against high winds, but 105mph is not much for a top speed, but its not like I get to drive that fast anyway.

Nice little sedan
By EW1328 on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Good handling. Not the fastest in its class but very quick off the line. Love the styling. The car feels bigger than it is on the highway, very stable and quite if you keep it under 110km/h (70mph). Impressive standard equipment. One bonus is you don't see youself come and go on the road like civic or corolla. Best kept secret in the small car market.