Used 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

Most Helpful|
Happy with my Lancer!
By DR4eva

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a second hand Lancer ES from Dixie Mitsubishi for a great deal and "AS IS". Few things I had to fix were the tie rod, the lower bumper had a crack probably from a speedbump, new tires, and new brake pads.. nothing out of the ordinary! Overall the ride is very smooth and humble. It doesn't roar like a mustang but it is quick to respond and drives very nice. My dad was equally impressed with the quality of parts (he works on our cars a lot) and I will buy Mitsubishi again!

Favorite Features

- comfortable seats - smooth ride - stereo and sound quality <3 - parts quality - easy to modify (added a spoiler)

Suggested Improvements

- needs a more aggressive drive, sportier - better looking interior, more excitement

Very surprising car!
By Brad

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for about three years now, and no problems. It is very comfortable, though road noise is a bit high. Performance in city driving is great, but needs a bit more ability passing on the highway. Very nimble, takes turns quickly and easily, the most fun part of the car! Had a Cavalier, immediately impressed by the handling of this car which, for a lower price, replaces that trailing rear axle with a great multi-link suspension that hugs the road and handles the bumps. Note: my car was originally sold in Guam, and instead of the 2.0L SOHC 4- valve has a 1.6L 16V SOHC. This changes the torque a bit, for some reason I get peak torque of 130ft/lbs but at 3000 rpm not 4250. Kinda nice!

Favorite Features

Spacious front area, nimble handling, great gas mileage (30-35, mixed), easy to work on, great visibility, very responsive, reliable, attractive.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise, rear seating could be more roomy, needs ABS! Also, just a touch more power.

GREAT CAR!
By ashleemays

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Lancer for over a year and so far I've loved it, it has only broke down on me one time the camshaft sensor went out than my battery went out but other than that it's been a great car. I did notice that people have been saying that they had problems with the temperature knob I have too ever since I bought the car!

Till The Wheels Fall Off
By Bkuhns

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in April of 2008 after getting rid of my jetta (which was a lemon). This car is a terrific car to own! I have taken it on many roadtrips and it has no problems. My friends always have me drive cause they love to ride in it. It has amazing handling and it has some speed to it. For awhile I got bored of it and was thinking of selling it until I went and washed my car and I fell in love with it again. I live in Colorado and it handles great in the snow. This is definitely a car a buy.

Favorite Features

Handling, comfort, stylish interior and exterior, and fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger rims, maybe a little bit more hp, and road noise.

Great first car I must say!
By Tarantula

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it about 7 months ago with 132k miles on it. Was a little skeptical about it but when I drove it, I couldn't believe its 7 years old. Great gas mileage (about 30 mpg combined), fun to drive (in short commutes but not on the highway), and great reliability. I drove like 12k miles in just six months of purchase and needed nothing other than regular oil change. There is some room for improvement such as, temperature knob is hard to rotate and I'm not the only one facing this, no abs/cruise. But other than these issues the car is great.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, zippy, and not much to go wrong.

Suggested Improvements

HVAC temperature knob, cruise control and ABS.