Used 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

I love my car!
By Leslie

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had this car for a few months, but so far, I love it! The first owner of the car maintained it perfectly, so maintenance has not yet been an issue on this 78K mile vehicle. Based on some of these reviews, my opinion might change once major work is necessary, but so far the car is wonderful, and the best I've ever owned. It's fun to drive, handles well, and has enough zip to pass whenever I need to. I'm planning to drive this car for years to come. I'm a careful driver, and keep up on suggested maintenance, and don't see any problems in the near future.

Sporty, yet understated appearance. Fun to drive!

The stereo's pretty blah. I'd like the gas mileage to be a little better.

Amazing car
By LancerCO

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Lancer OZ Rally in April of 07 with 93000 miles on it and since then i have put on 30000 miles on it. I love driving this car in the summer and winter (as long as there is no snow). The Lancer struggles on snow and ice because it is so light. Overall though I love this car and plan on driving it until the wheels fall off. You won't be sorry you bought this car.

Gas Mileage and Leather Seats

Make an affordable all-wheel-drive lancer.

My Lancer
By Cleveland, OH

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 33,000 miles on it in June of 2004. It is now the end of 2009. The first 100,000 miles were okay, I had two recalls that I had to get taken care of and it's a good thing my mechanic is honest and told me it was a recall to call the dealership, one of the parts alone was almost $1000. Well, now the last six months I've had the entire front end replaced, ignition coil, alternator, and the catalytic converter replaced. The parts on this car are outrageous. I will not buy a Mitsubishi again. I bought a foreign car figuring I wouldn't need to replace these things before 150,000. Due to the cost of parts I might actually buy an American car!!

Till The Wheels Fall Off
By Bkuhns

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in April of 2008 after getting rid of my jetta (which was a lemon). This car is a terrific car to own! I have taken it on many roadtrips and it has no problems. My friends always have me drive cause they love to ride in it. It has amazing handling and it has some speed to it. For awhile I got bored of it and was thinking of selling it until I went and washed my car and I fell in love with it again. I live in Colorado and it handles great in the snow. This is definitely a car a buy.

Handling, comfort, stylish interior and exterior, and fuel economy.

Bigger rims, maybe a little bit more hp, and road noise.

Very surprising car!
By Brad

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for about three years now, and no problems. It is very comfortable, though road noise is a bit high. Performance in city driving is great, but needs a bit more ability passing on the highway. Very nimble, takes turns quickly and easily, the most fun part of the car! Had a Cavalier, immediately impressed by the handling of this car which, for a lower price, replaces that trailing rear axle with a great multi-link suspension that hugs the road and handles the bumps. Note: my car was originally sold in Guam, and instead of the 2.0L SOHC 4- valve has a 1.6L 16V SOHC. This changes the torque a bit, for some reason I get peak torque of 130ft/lbs but at 3000 rpm not 4250. Kinda nice!

Spacious front area, nimble handling, great gas mileage (30-35, mixed), easy to work on, great visibility, very responsive, reliable, attractive.

Road noise, rear seating could be more roomy, needs ABS! Also, just a touch more power.