Used 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

GREAT CAR!
By ashleemays

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Lancer for over a year and so far I've loved it, it has only broke down on me one time the camshaft sensor went out than my battery went out but other than that it's been a great car. I did notice that people have been saying that they had problems with the temperature knob I have too ever since I bought the car!

a great bang for your buck
By wolfcry

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this for a year now, bought it used with about 130k miles. Very few issues with this car... I've mostly just had to do the regular oil changes, but I've also had to change a power window motor and rail, tie rod ends. Gotta change the bushings on the control arms later, and replace the window tint since its kinda messed up right now; not saying that all Lancers gotta change their window tint, mine was bought with some small defects in the all of the window tint...

Good acceleration, regular gas mileage, awesome interior, great exterior design ( i prefer it over the newer designs ),

What I did was put on the 17 inch Enkei FD05 rims with low profile tires..., put a vortex generator..., replaced the grill for the black mesh grill (it was hard to find, but if you want it just google "lancer 03 mesh grill" and you might find it)..., Replaced the air filter for a performance brand (forgot which right now)..., Installed a stereo system.. put a exhaust pipe tip...All of this was installed by me.... What wasn't installed by me was the Alarm/Remote start/Keyless entry kit (just to keep the warranty); that was installed by Best Buy. They did a real good job too! I would buy the turbo kit for performance and the Evo X body kit for looks.. and aftermarket lights with halos.

200,000 miles and still rolling smooth
By imanilove

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a second owner, I had this car for over 6 years now. This car has been through the ringer and has been dogged out. Like most cars some issues have arisen such as the tie rods, and timing belt which I think is quite normal for a car with 200,000 miles. Other than that I just kept up on regular with oil changes and it's still riding strong. I would recommend a lancer to anyone looking for a long lasting car. It's certainly not a luxury car but it's a damn good car.

Great Car
By ryans93

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned the Lancer since it was new and it has been a fantastic car. It still looks great, gets good gas mileage, is fun to drive, and little has gone wrong with it. The build quality is excellent and the interior has held up extremely well with almost no rattles and still tight after 9 years and 150k. Other than regular maintenance, few problems have arisen on the car, and it's been very reliable.

Styling, build quality, reliability, driving characteristics. Comfortable, quiet, and spacious. Good value for money. Manual transmission shifts great and makes it fun to drive.

Could definitely use more power but is adequate. No ABS on OZ Rally trim, and has rear drum brakes when there should be discs. Some parts can be expensive.

Still pleased
By res

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and i bought this car with 11 miles on the odometer. Great feeling.8 years later we are almost at 60k. This car is mostly driven by my wife.We use to use for long trips and am surprised to hear people have gotten up to 30 mpg on the highway. I have seen consistent 25 mpg on highway. Anyway this is a great little car that is nimble but lacks a little power.

a lot of available accessories. roomy for a compact.looks good

at least 150 hp,driving or fog lamps and better quality paint on front of car.