2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:
a great bang for your buck
By wolfcry on 01/18/14 06:43 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this for a year now, bought it used with about 130k miles. Very few issues with this car... I've mostly just had to do the regular oil changes, but I've also had to change a power window motor and rail, tie rod ends. Gotta change the bushings on the control arms later, and replace the window tint since its kinda messed up right now; not saying that all Lancers gotta change their window tint, mine was bought with some small defects in the all of the window tint...

200,000 miles and still rolling smooth
By imanilove on 07/13/12 17:32 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a second owner, I had this car for over 6 years now. This car has been through the ringer and has been dogged out. Like most cars some issues have arisen such as the tie rods, and timing belt which I think is quite normal for a car with 200,000 miles. Other than that I just kept up on regular with oil changes and it's still riding strong. I would recommend a lancer to anyone looking for a long lasting car. It's certainly not a luxury car but it's a damn good car.

Great Car
By ryans93 on 02/20/12 14:37 PM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned the Lancer since it was new and it has been a fantastic car. It still looks great, gets good gas mileage, is fun to drive, and little has gone wrong with it. The build quality is excellent and the interior has held up extremely well with almost no rattles and still tight after 9 years and 150k. Other than regular maintenance, few problems have arisen on the car, and it's been very reliable.

Still pleased
By res on 11/22/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and i bought this car with 11 miles on the odometer. Great feeling.8 years later we are almost at 60k. This car is mostly driven by my wife.We use to use for long trips and am surprised to hear people have gotten up to 30 mpg on the highway. I have seen consistent 25 mpg on highway. Anyway this is a great little car that is nimble but lacks a little power.

Great first car I must say!
By Tarantula on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it about 7 months ago with 132k miles on it. Was a little skeptical about it but when I drove it, I couldn't believe its 7 years old. Great gas mileage (about 30 mpg combined), fun to drive (in short commutes but not on the highway), and great reliability. I drove like 12k miles in just six months of purchase and needed nothing other than regular oil change. There is some room for improvement such as, temperature knob is hard to rotate and I'm not the only one facing this, no abs/cruise. But other than these issues the car is great.

Happy with my Lancer!
By DR4eva on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a second hand Lancer ES from Dixie Mitsubishi for a great deal and "AS IS". Few things I had to fix were the tie rod, the lower bumper had a crack probably from a speedbump, new tires, and new brake pads.. nothing out of the ordinary! Overall the ride is very smooth and humble. It doesn't roar like a mustang but it is quick to respond and drives very nice. My dad was equally impressed with the quality of parts (he works on our cars a lot) and I will buy Mitsubishi again!

Disappointing
By steve on 08/30/10 21:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The vehicle itself is not a bad vehicle to own, low in perchance cost, easy to maneuver, and sporty looks tribute to its appeal. After owning this vehicle for a little while I find myself disappointed, the ride is quite bouncy, the engine is underpowered, and the fuel economy is nothing to write home about, I would say just below par for its class. The front is nice and grippy when you do get up to speed, sadly cornering fun is reduced by moderate body lean. If one is looking for a lancer oz rally my suggestion would be to find one with a manual transmission. As an automatic, a very good first car, looks good, is cheap to own and maintain, yet for the parents its not crazy fast.

Watch for the heater/air switch
By jen on 08/28/10 02:56 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I seen a review above me about the heater knob not turning to air conditioning. So I decided to chime in. I had the same issue and so did all 3 of my friends who own the same year lancer. Never on recall and they refused to fix it. 3k was the estimate. I traded it in this year got 2,200 trade because of the knob. It also had issues with the timing belt I had to replace it 2x's under 100k. Transmission started slipping at 90k. Lighted mirror cover broke off. Don't let me deter you. Im sure some of that wear and tear was my fault. Light bulbs burned out quite often watch for water under hood. Drives beautifully in snow. Drove through snow storm, 1 ft deep snow and icy wipers and all.

I love my car!
By Leslie on 03/07/10 22:25 PM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had this car for a few months, but so far, I love it! The first owner of the car maintained it perfectly, so maintenance has not yet been an issue on this 78K mile vehicle. Based on some of these reviews, my opinion might change once major work is necessary, but so far the car is wonderful, and the best I've ever owned. It's fun to drive, handles well, and has enough zip to pass whenever I need to. I'm planning to drive this car for years to come. I'm a careful driver, and keep up on suggested maintenance, and don't see any problems in the near future.

Amazing car
By LancerCO on 02/17/10 14:57 PM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Lancer OZ Rally in April of 07 with 93000 miles on it and since then i have put on 30000 miles on it. I love driving this car in the summer and winter (as long as there is no snow). The Lancer struggles on snow and ice because it is so light. Overall though I love this car and plan on driving it until the wheels fall off. You won't be sorry you bought this car.