2002 Mitsu OZ Lancer
By OZ Lancer Fan on
2002 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
I bought this car brand new. Eight years later, I have had no major problems with the car. I am currently at 145,000 miles and the car still retains the original timing belt! Other than the timing belt, I've kept to the suggested maintenance schedule and have had no problems. With a regular waxing, twice a year, the car also has no rust. I would recommend for higher mileage cars "Mobile Synthetic Oil- High Mileage". I noticed that you get more power than other oils. This is a low maintenance car, and I plan on having this as my daily driver for a good 200k-400k more miles. I believe this is doable with the lack of problems I have had with this car. I highly recommend Mitsu Lancers.
Favorite Features
Gas Mileage, Low Maintenance, and Rust free. The speaker system is not that bad. I've had friends ask me what type of bass I have in the back.only to find out I only have factor speakers.
Suggested Improvements
Interior gadgets for the 2002 OZ Lancer does not exist. You can easily update to a navigation unit, monitor, mp3 player by buying from a third party (Pioneer, Clarion, Alpine to name a few). Custom leather seats are difficult to find for this model as well.