2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Consumer Review: FINALLY!!!

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback - Consumer Review

GTS 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

By evsosa82 on

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback GTS 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted the '11 but the selection on colors and models was outrageously slim. They say it's due to the earthquakes, which I don't doubt, but I think it's mostly because they have SO many '10 models left. MSRP was 24k, bought it for 19K (excluding tax and license)+ tint + 4 yrs free oil change. The car handles really well, the look is what sold me, storage space is ample, leather seats are a minus, the paddle shifters are fun but I think the GTS should be comparable to the SI and SPEC-V. Overall, what I got for the price is more than I could have asked for. It has the sporty but classy look I was looking for.

The design is my favorite. I read that the design is weird because it looks like the designer drew a straight line for the top of the roof to the rear of the vehicle. Maybe it does look tacky and lazily designed but, I have to say that that's what brings uniqueness to the vehicle. Every 'hatchback' pretty much looks the same. The sportback however, is one of a kind. I got the Blue GTS model with sun, sound and leather package. The sounds system is awesome but I wish I had cloth seats. I like the keyless entry and start. I blacked out the front bumper and took out the chrome to mimic the Ralliart version... I love how it looks aggressive and mean. The 60/40 split comes in handy as well.

The steering wheel blocks the A/C vents and it's weird trying to adjust them to, not only myself, but the people in back. The vents don't have full range and I always feel like the vents are going to close on me when adjusting them. Though the vehicle is fun, it greatly lacks horse power.