2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer Sportback model:
Love this car, yet...
By suspectmario on 12/16/09 22:58 PM (PST)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Hatchback GTS 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car. Its styling and handling are great for the price. And the value of the GTS model is great. I drove a few cars before landing on this one. I just could not find a car that matched the fun and sporty feel for the money.

Lancer Sportback!
By polli on 12/06/09 15:56 PM (PST)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Hatchback GTS 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The sportback has been a great vehicle and tool that I can use day to day and have a little fun while I'm at it. The engine is strong, and the lower gears pulls pretty hard and therefore really quick. I just wish the 4th and 5th gear ratios weren't so close. Also it would have been nice if this was offered in a 6 gear manual transmission.

Now we have an Evo-Hatch!
By Odin on 11/16/09 21:07 PM (PST)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Hatchback Ralliart 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Got the car a few weeks ago, fell in love with this Turbo-Hatch! No doubt about the performance, it's all from Mitsu rally gene: Never felt turbo- lag; Reaction is lighting fast (in sport mode with the twin-clutch); AWD lets the beast stick on the road all the time no matter how terrible the weather/condition is; Plus the brilliant Rockford stereo and Recaro bucket seats making the ride as such a pleasure... Well, there are tons of good things making you forget about the tough riding though. Besides, if you were enjoying the sporty driving, the engine "noise" would double the fun then. Since it's a Turbo+AWD, you need to save some pennies for the Premium gas and maintenance for sure. Good luck!

I love this car!!
By scott90278 on 10/24/09 14:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Hatchback GTS 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I just got my 2010 Lancer Sportback and I am loving this car! The car handles like a tight performance car. You will feel the road because it has 18" wheels, but it is not uncomfortable at all. When I am at lights people give me thumbs up on the looks. You can't get a better car for the price. The dealer I got the car from gave me the car at invoice and it was the best purchase my wife and I have made in a long time. My neighbor loved my car so much he might go out and get one as well. This car is a good balance of value, cargo space and good mileage. Go test drive one today and you will not be sorry.

A Real Good Looker
By Sport Sally on 10/13/09 22:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Hatchback GTS 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This car is more suited for long highway drives with very smooth roads. It is like a horse that needs you to let out its reins. It holds the road well at high speeds and the engine does not even labor a breath - even at 90. However this is not a good city car because of poor gas economy during non-highway driving and hard to park because it's wide and not too easy to see behind you because of an excessively slanting hatchback; and the imperfections on city streets shake the whole car making the city ride very unpleasant. Although the highway ride is much better, it is still below average in comfort. The dealer test drove me on a very smooth road. I was unaware of this problem until after buying.

I Would NEVER Buy it Again
By Tony Sam on 09/27/09 22:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Hatchback GTS 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The ride is awful - it’s the worst I have ever experienced in any car I’ve driven in the last 40 years. Very small bumps are okay and smooth roads great. But any other size bumps are bad jolts and very uncomfortable. Road noise is pronounced because poor insulation. The rear view is awful - obstructed by low hatchback, head rests in the back seats, and if people sit in the back seat, it's hard to see anything. And this causes problems parking and backing up and can cause the car to be accident prone. The stability control is not perfected as it doesn't always stop straight. Fuel economy is well below competitors, Toyota, Honda, Kia, etc. The cheap plastics on the dashboard cause easy scratches.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Hatchback in VA is:

$134 per month*