2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer Sportback model:
Fun car... but
By maxima155 on 02/13/14 12:45 PM (PST)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Hatchback Ralliart 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Purchased my Certified Pre-Owned Lancer GTS Sportback Ralliart iin 2013 with 28,000 miles. So far, great car to drive. 4WD is amazing. Drove this winter in Indianapolis with 8+ inches of snow and past countless SUV's and trucks. Turbo is great so far and no issues. A few problems: The car has a sport pack option which includes an aluminum gas tank cover. If you live in a colder region, avoid this option. The gas tank cover does freeze under 25F. The Rockford navigation system is a bit awkward and takes some time to adjust. Voice command inside the car is hopeless. Also the rear window in the sport back has poor visibility.

FINALLY!!!
By evsosa82 on 07/07/11 10:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Hatchback GTS 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted the '11 but the selection on colors and models was outrageously slim. They say it's due to the earthquakes, which I don't doubt, but I think it's mostly because they have SO many '10 models left. MSRP was 24k, bought it for 19K (excluding tax and license)+ tint + 4 yrs free oil change. The car handles really well, the look is what sold me, storage space is ample, leather seats are a minus, the paddle shifters are fun but I think the GTS should be comparable to the SI and SPEC-V. Overall, what I got for the price is more than I could have asked for. It has the sporty but classy look I was looking for.

Just bought a 2010 Sportback, still new on the dealer's lot!
By chefk on 05/30/11 05:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Hatchback GTS 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

So I saw the local Mitsubishi dealer had a few 2010 Mitsus still on the lot. The 2011s are on their way out so I decided to see if I could get a bargain. I found my Black on Black Lancer GTS Sportback sitting there. Why it was still there I have no idea. Beautiful car. Performs great, handles great, and I am getting great gas mileage. The dash display give plenty of MPG info to keep you driving smart and still maintains it's sporty nature. Some reviews complain about the plastics in the interior. One thing the fail to mention is that the dull finish plastics do not reflect the sun. Glare is practically non-existant in this car. I think the interior is comfortable.

Not my Audi TT, but great for $20k less
By cutcoll on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Hatchback GTS 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I use my Mitsubishi Lancer SB/GTS for driving to work and chores. I have an 2009 Audi TT 2.0/Quattro I drive when I'm not going to work. When I'm driving the Lancer, I often wonder where the $20k difference in price is. The Lancer has many of the same features like auto. headlights and wipers, heated leather seats, pwr windows, ABS/ATC/ASC, 4 wheel disc brakes,anti-theft system, 18" aluminum wheels(extra $850 on the TT), cruise control, paddle shifters, steering wheel mounted controls, automatic temperature control... So where is the difference? The Lancer exceeds the mpg rating. I'm averaging 30 with mixed driving. Plus the Lancers 6CD sound system puts the Audi's to shame.

Really enjoy the car
By David M. on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

I was looking to replace my 2004 Mazda RX8 which was no small task especially considering I didn't want a dedicated sports car. I tried a lot of cars and kept coming back to this car. It is not the fastest but the AWD, the dual clutch transmission, and the look really sold me. It is fun to drive and handles fairly well and does not beat you up with an overly stiff ride like most sporty cars. I regret not opting for the Recaro package as I have a bad back and the standard seats cause discomfort on long drives (seat upgrade is in the works). I wish it had telescoping wheel, the turn signal is ridiculously quiet, and the horn is the weakest I have ever heard. Great car for the money. Love it.

Great sports average car
By joe on 09/07/10 19:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Hatchback GTS 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I think it's a great car. It has a good looking design. While it's not totally up to par with the Mazda3, it is still excellent. The fuel mileage is not the best, but then again it's a sports car. I've been told by the passengers that the room in the back seat is surprisingly spacious. Great stereo system. Feels great to drive

Wandering steering
By donnie on 08/10/10 16:10 PM (PDT)

Car is nice and looks great but it bounces all over the road. Feels like the struts are weak and its really hard to keep the car going straight down the road. I'm taking it to the dealer lets see if they do anything.

There is MORE to this car than you think
By Adam on 05/16/10 19:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Hatchback GTS 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This is a great alternative to the others in its class. Awesome looks, great handling & it is pretty quiet. The ride is very good on the expressway, but around town on less than average roads, it tends to buck a bit. The hatch offers more space than the sedan. But IMO, the taillights are the biggest let down VS. the sedans. The CVT is for the people who want mileage over performance. You can play with the paddle shifters & NEVER have to worry about over-revving the engine. It still steps out nicely, but you won't win any drag races off the line. My mileage has been for the highway doing 70-80: 29.3 mpg & keeping a solid 55 MPH pace I get usually over 35. Around town I normally get about 25

greaat car but...
By mr.joshua on 02/22/10 22:30 PM (PST)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Hatchback GTS 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

i had my 2010 lancer gts sportback for a week and i started to hear grinding noise coming from the engine; then the low oil pressure light came on. so i had my car towed in to the dealer. they told me oil pump went out, short engine block needed to be replaced, and an over laping valve. omg!!!!!! a brand new car right off the truck with only 2 miles has all those problem. so the dealer has had my car for 2weeks now. i believe and i know mitsubishis cars are reliable i just got the rare 1 -1000 but overall its a great car and i cant wait to get it back.

Great!!
By joeye on 02/20/10 16:42 PM (PST)

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Hatchback GTS 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I was looking at a compact car...Found Lancer. Wow its great...ride is good and steering feel is great as well. It has everything I want from leather to heated seats. Honestly... I can say that Mitsub has very good reliability. Please don't hesitate and buy this. It is a true under dog in its class.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Hatchback in VA is:

$134 per month*