Used 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback

View reviews for a specific Lancer Sportback model:

Fun car... but
By maxima155

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Ralliart 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Purchased my Certified Pre-Owned Lancer GTS Sportback Ralliart iin 2013 with 28,000 miles. So far, great car to drive. 4WD is amazing. Drove this winter in Indianapolis with 8+ inches of snow and past countless SUV's and trucks. Turbo is great so far and no issues. A few problems: The car has a sport pack option which includes an aluminum gas tank cover. If you live in a colder region, avoid this option. The gas tank cover does freeze under 25F. The Rockford navigation system is a bit awkward and takes some time to adjust. Voice command inside the car is hopeless. Also the rear window in the sport back has poor visibility.

Favorite Features

The performance in this car is excellent. I will say the maintenance will be more with turbocharged engines, but are fun to drive. 4WD option is brilliant, comes with a tarmac, gravel and snow settings. The Recaro bucket seats are not particularly comfortable, but do keep you rigid through aggressive corners. Bi-xenon headlamps are a plus, but are available in many different cars. The sport exhaust system is fun, but can be tiring on longer journeys.

Suggested Improvements

Voice command system is rubbish as with most cars. The rear window is difficult to see out of. The battery is completely inaccessible. You must disconnect a portion of the air intake to reach the battery. Not fun in the winter. The aluminum gas tank cover freezes in the winter and the Navigation system could use some fine tuning. However, still a great car. I would recommend to a friend. Probably will go for the sedan next time and avoid the back window.

FINALLY!!!
By evsosa82

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback GTS 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted the '11 but the selection on colors and models was outrageously slim. They say it's due to the earthquakes, which I don't doubt, but I think it's mostly because they have SO many '10 models left. MSRP was 24k, bought it for 19K (excluding tax and license)+ tint + 4 yrs free oil change. The car handles really well, the look is what sold me, storage space is ample, leather seats are a minus, the paddle shifters are fun but I think the GTS should be comparable to the SI and SPEC-V. Overall, what I got for the price is more than I could have asked for. It has the sporty but classy look I was looking for.

Favorite Features

The design is my favorite. I read that the design is weird because it looks like the designer drew a straight line for the top of the roof to the rear of the vehicle. Maybe it does look tacky and lazily designed but, I have to say that that's what brings uniqueness to the vehicle. Every 'hatchback' pretty much looks the same. The sportback however, is one of a kind. I got the Blue GTS model with sun, sound and leather package. The sounds system is awesome but I wish I had cloth seats. I like the keyless entry and start. I blacked out the front bumper and took out the chrome to mimic the Ralliart version... I love how it looks aggressive and mean. The 60/40 split comes in handy as well.

Suggested Improvements

The steering wheel blocks the A/C vents and it's weird trying to adjust them to, not only myself, but the people in back. The vents don't have full range and I always feel like the vents are going to close on me when adjusting them. Though the vehicle is fun, it greatly lacks horse power.

Just bought a 2010 Sportback, still new on the dealer's lot!
By chefk

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback GTS 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

So I saw the local Mitsubishi dealer had a few 2010 Mitsus still on the lot. The 2011s are on their way out so I decided to see if I could get a bargain. I found my Black on Black Lancer GTS Sportback sitting there. Why it was still there I have no idea. Beautiful car. Performs great, handles great, and I am getting great gas mileage. The dash display give plenty of MPG info to keep you driving smart and still maintains it's sporty nature. Some reviews complain about the plastics in the interior. One thing the fail to mention is that the dull finish plastics do not reflect the sun. Glare is practically non-existant in this car. I think the interior is comfortable.

Favorite Features

1. Stereo is great for a factory unit. 2. Seats are not hard (like the 2011 Outlander Sport) 3. The flip down seats with the levers in the back is SUPER COOL!!! 4. The droppable floor in the trunk is great for tall items. 5. Back seat room!

Suggested Improvements

The MP3 input jack is awkward. The RCA jacks are too big and the door doesn't shut with a cable plugged in.

Not my Audi TT, but great for $20k less
By cutcoll

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback GTS 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I use my Mitsubishi Lancer SB/GTS for driving to work and chores. I have an 2009 Audi TT 2.0/Quattro I drive when I'm not going to work. When I'm driving the Lancer, I often wonder where the $20k difference in price is. The Lancer has many of the same features like auto. headlights and wipers, heated leather seats, pwr windows, ABS/ATC/ASC, 4 wheel disc brakes,anti-theft system, 18" aluminum wheels(extra $850 on the TT), cruise control, paddle shifters, steering wheel mounted controls, automatic temperature control... So where is the difference? The Lancer exceeds the mpg rating. I'm averaging 30 with mixed driving. Plus the Lancers 6CD sound system puts the Audi's to shame.

Favorite Features

Rockford/Fosgate 710W 6 CD/Sirius radio. CVT with Paddle shift option. Agressive exterior styling. Automatic climate control,wipers, and headlamps. Great MPG, exceeds expectations. 30 mpg avg. (Minimum A/C usage) Great acceleration and passing power. Great quality and value.

Suggested Improvements

Include travel feature to the tilt steering wheel. Add compass and heated mirrors to the GTS package. Ability to omit the sunroof from the option packages. (must get sunroof to get the top many other packaged features.

Really enjoy the car
By David M.

I was looking to replace my 2004 Mazda RX8 which was no small task especially considering I didn't want a dedicated sports car. I tried a lot of cars and kept coming back to this car. It is not the fastest but the AWD, the dual clutch transmission, and the look really sold me. It is fun to drive and handles fairly well and does not beat you up with an overly stiff ride like most sporty cars. I regret not opting for the Recaro package as I have a bad back and the standard seats cause discomfort on long drives (seat upgrade is in the works). I wish it had telescoping wheel, the turn signal is ridiculously quiet, and the horn is the weakest I have ever heard. Great car for the money. Love it.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, handles well, the AWD system, The dual clutch transmission, gets a lot of looks,the power and torque, turbo sounds,

Suggested Improvements

Needs telescoping steering wheel, horn needs improved,